Thread: Lower Back Pain

Lower Back Pain

My lower back aches whenever I do basic activities. Today I got some rubber mats for my gym, I was laying them out and 15 minutes later my back is killing me. I tried shoveling snow last week, forget about it. I could only stay hunched over for 5 seconds at a time after about 5 minutes of work. It's not really a "pain", just the muscles that run along my spine are exhausted/aching at my lower back. I do deadlifts regulary, so I don't believe the muscles there are particulary weak. Does anybody else suffer from this?

funny thing but i get those aches usually when i'm stressed from work! even carrying shopping bags or just going for a walk the pain strikes me! i take a hot bath and it helps a little!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Yea I do that sometimes as well, it helps a lot. I need a personal massuse

maybe you have injured yourself doing deadlifts.

But the problem does not seem normal. Only time my back hurts is today I can't even got my socks on my back is so sore from deadlifting, but that's what happens when you pull till you cant pull no more

do you do back extensions at all? dead lifts can hurt your back sometimes.
    Never Giving In.

Hahn i have exactly what you have. and it is not from lifting weights.

do stretches for your lower back and spine, a yoga class would be awesome for that but if you cant go, just do some stretches in the morning, before bed and any other time.

Hahn, if you're on cycle right now that may be the reason. Hope you feel better.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

my lower back always gets sore when i wash dishes.

my back hurts the worst when i'am working on a car engine.
    Never Giving In.

see your doctor or a chiro about it. Back pain shouldn't go unchecked if your a body builder. If it's spinal related, you could possibly end up pinching a nerve and experiencing extreme pain that will spread throughout the body. Id be a little paranoid about this. Of
    "To achieve success, whatever the job we have, we must pay a price."

- Vince Lombardi

> c b r o n s <

I have the same thing. You might be overworking yourself with all the deadlifts. I've only experienced this this week, and I've done an abnormal amount of exercise this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ectx
    Hahn, if you're on cycle right now that may be the reason. Hope you feel better.
    Ya I am that may have something to do with it. A few days ago it was killing me during a back/bicep workout and I didn't even do bb rows or deadlifts that day. Just constantly bending over to get weights, adjusting the bench and the workout in general aggrivated it. I have to do deadlifts first, and no deadlifts and bb rows on the same day Maybe I'll have go to the doc if it starts to be a real problem.

Wannabebig Member
    You ever tried an inversion table. I used to have bad lower back pain and it helped a little. Or if you are brave, get those leg thingies that Deuce Bigalow had and hang upside down. It really streches out the lower back. Just a suggestion.... lower back pain really sucks and any relief is godsend.

I get that sometimes too.. I'm thinking it's just because I'm not fully recovered from a squat or deadlift session... samthing as you.. shoveling snow or stuff like that. It really just seems muscular not spinal problem (mine, the way it feels at least).
    Eat Tuna!
    "Ya don't touch my tuna, I don't kill you."- by Tuna Master
    "Part of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up." - by who knows. ME? Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -