Thread: What is a good workout regimen for women?

Wannabebig Member

What is a good workout regimen for women?

I have a female friend that wanted me to find a good workout regimen for women. she started on a high protein, moderate carb and low fat diet and eating 4 to 5 meals a day. She wants to lower her body fat percentage and get toned. Can you guys direct me to a website or a workout regimen that can help her in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Wannabebig Member
    up!

down!

first off, there is no such thing as 'toning'.

and secondly,
    http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

Trying to learn on the fly
    i second centaurion. it is a good workour plan. my girlfriend does just about the same routine as me. if she is worried about getting too big, tell her that getting big is about your diet and T. she doesn't produce nearly as much T as men so she doesn't have to worry about it. she controls her diet

Wannabebig Member
    appreciate it.

start her on a program with just slightly higher reps, tell her that it tones(a shameless lie), but make sure she is under 12 reps for non warmup sets. she just might buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by jack_of_all
    start her on a program with just slightly higher reps, tell her that it tones(a shameless lie), but make sure she is under 12 reps for non warmup sets. she just might buy it!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

lol, jk'ing... the point was he can probably trick her into working out at least almost properly and have her think that shes doing it the girly way.

Quote Originally Posted by jack_of_all
    lol, jk'ing... the point was he can probably trick her into working out at least almost properly and have her think that shes doing it the girly way.
    mmmmmmmm define girly way? and working out properly? for me
    Last edited by getfit; 02-14-2005 at 03:24 PM.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

wtf, it was a joke...

many women falsely believe that they need a very different workout from men and do obscenely high reps and make no gains. they are terrified that they will bulk up overnight, all the while they dont understand that not only is this impossible but most men wish they could. the proper way? the generally excepted way to do things, ie: 6-8 reps, a few sets, a few times a week and nothing over 12 (well, there are the 20 rep exceptions like breathing squats and the like... but you get the point)

i'm a women and bulked +lift a good amount of weight
    Last edited by getfit; 02-14-2005 at 03:32 PM.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

1. you DID NOT bulk overnight.
    2. i DID NOT say that women were weak, nor did i even imply that.
    3. you are OBVIOUSLY an exception to the rule, the woman in question most likely does not want to bulk.
    4. your dont look too bulky (definitely not the GODZILLA that women fear they will wake up looking like), assuming that picture in your profile is you.
    5. dont give me lip woman, make me a sandwich. (i did this soley as a joke, please do not respond with anymore flames)
    Last edited by jack_of_all; 02-14-2005 at 03:38 PM.

profile pic is me, also others here are of me i'm not giving you any lip

please watch your tone on how you address me calling me a bitch is uncalled for i just asked a question

gain 50lbs-Anthony

getfit, don't take offense so easily. most women (and most men evidently) are naiive when it comes to weight lifting. women normally believe that in order to get the results they want (most women don't want to look like you) they think they need to do higher reps cause it's more like doing cardio, they believe doing more reps will cause their body to use the fat deposits and have them magically lose weight. thats all 'jack' is trying to say, unless i misread him

getfit, im sorry about the bitch part, i changed that before i knew you had read it. i dont want to offend you dudett.

@brehm, yes thats what im saying

you guys are both getting worked up too much; either way, i definitely know that many girls are under the impression that lifting like a guy will make them looked jacked. they typically fail to understand that it's not easy for most guys to get jacked, and that testosterone is a large factor in the equation, something that women are lacking compared to men