Thread: No energy....need help

No energy....need help

Ok for starters, I'm currently using wbb1 and eating 2800 cal a day give or take a few trying to drop a couple pounds. I also do cardio 3 days a week on my off days. I get roughly 1 gm protein/lb weight (205) and I take a multi, creatine, flax oil, and glucosamine. I have lost weight at a pretty standard 2 lbs a week and have been following this pretty strictly for about 4 weeks. Before that I was just working out without much direction trying to get back into the swing of things before starting on a real plan. I get about 7 hrs of sleep unless I end up staying up late playing NBA Live about once a month. I work a couple nights a week and am a full time student in my last semester of college.

After the first couple of weeks of working out it feels like I am draging the ground all the time. I have no energy inside or outside of the gym. My joints hurt and that sucks because I'm only 23. Most of the time I'm not real happy because no matter how hard I work the results just don't really come. At one point last year I worked out very strictly and used 1-test and actually had some results but that was the only time I have been able to suceed at BB in my many years of trying.

The food I eat is pretty much clean, with the occasional white carb or sugar. For the main lifts i'm doing:
    Bench: 190 x 8
    Squat: 215 x 8
    DL: 245 x 8
    And it feels like the weight is going up by sheer will instead of actually having strength.

I want some energy, motivation, and real results in the gym and I don't know what to do, please help.
    damn it

Take NO. NO-Xplode is something i'd recommend.

Trying to learn on the fly
    2 pounds a week of weight loss is pretty high. you are probably losing muscle as well as fat at that rate. try aiming for 1lb a week and see if you find that you have more energy and have better workouts

Trying to learn on the fly
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ1984
    Take NO. NO-Xplode is something i'd recommend.
    don't waste your time with NO products. they are a huge waste of tiem and moeny. focus on your diet, not crap supplements

yeah, i don't plan on taking Nitric Oxide products, i don't care if i'm "pumped" with little or no other benefit. btw I don't have a whole lot of $$$ so nothing too expensive.
    damn it

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Some people need more sleep than others. 7 hours of sleep on average may not be enough for you.

well ever since I was a little kid my body has woken me up after about 7 hrs. I've always been an early riser and awake before anyone else. I set an alarm now but it rarely wakes me up. I usually beat it to the punch by a few hours. So if I could sleep more I would, but it just doesn't happen.
    damn it

cut block extraordinaire
    How much water do you drink? Maybe you need a refeed?

yeah may be sleep is what your body requires of you. Someone told me that after a serious day of lifting, you should get about 9 to 10 hours of sleep. I only had like 5 today... so i'm pretty much tired, unmotivated, and have no appetize either.

You could try ETS. Seems some of the guys taking it have have good results with it. http://www.atlargenutrition.com/nutr.../products_id/5

Do a search for it in the Supplements section of the forums for more info.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Its about the naked thing! FireBug's Avatar
    Last time i got tired it was a combination of 2 things, loosing weight to fast (2lbs a week is to much). And i got an extra hour of sleep an night, tiredness disappeared, and lifts increased.

2 things for you to try, up your cals by 200 and get some more sleep (i know you said this was hard for you, ever tried going to bed earlier? or does that just force you to get up earlier?)

If these two things have not balanced you out in a week or 2, then consider using supps as you are on a tight buject, why waste the money when the answer could be alot cheaper and better for you in the long run.
    Stats:
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 198lbs
    Current Cycle: Cut

Goals|Current
    ATF Squat: 350lbs|315X2
    DB Bench: 120|105X4
    DL: 450|345x8