Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metrosexuals

Metrosexuals

What do you think about them?

I wish I had their sense of style, while keeping all of my masculinity intact. Alas, it's another thing I'll have to work hard from the ground up to fix on my own.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Maven has metrosexual eyebrows.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

I think it happened because we son't live in such a blue-collar, male influenced world anymore. Technology has taken the physicality and testosterone out of work, and we aren't in positions where we're constantly d**k-sizing on the job. It's moved on to our personal lives in the way we dress, act, smell etc. It's fine. Like I said..I could, and plan to dress a little more stylishly.

5/3/1 Journal

I think it's possible to maintain masculinity while at the same time being a metrosexual.......

I just think it's funny when a man is more concerned about wrinkles in his shirt collars than I am!

I don't want to get to that point. I'm just a t-shirt and jeans guy now, and will forever be.

I'm alos about half color blind, so putting outfits together is not my strong suit.
    Last edited by Patz; 03-07-2005 at 10:06 PM.

5/3/1 Journal

Strictly going by looks...they look like pussies, duh.

It's just not my style, but I think everyone should do what they want.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritzol
    I just think it's funny when a man is more concerned about wrinkles in his shirt collars than I am!
    I'd never worry about a wrinkle in my shirt collar because shirts are for metrosexuals. I don't even wear one. The hair on my back and chest keep me warm in cold weather.

I guess I'd consider myself metrosexual. I love going out to get new clothes and dressing stylish. I usually look like this when I go out. Let me find a good definition first, and then decide:

"A metrosexual is a straight man who styles his hair using different products (and actually calls them "products"), loves clothes and the very act of shopping for them, and describes himself as sensitive and romantic."

I fit the bill as far as dressing goes. I style my hair, although I just call it gel. I'm definatley not a sensitive or romantic guy, though. I need to work on that.

Personally, it's awesome to dress nice and sharp, but you gotta maintain masculinity, too. I don't stress about wrinkles in my clothes, or act like life is one big soap opera. I change my oil myself and drink beer, not martinis. As long as it's not going dramatically overboard and getting sissified, I think every guy can pull off the clothing aspect.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

:withstupi

All of the above really!!!

I wear sharp suites for work, I wear stylish clothes for social. I use hair products and moisturiser.

I wouldn't use the words romantic or sensitive but I do like to look good and feel good in what I wear, and just as guy's like chick's to look after themselve's chicks also like guy's that care about hygiene and style.

That said there is a fine line between Metro and Hetro in my opinion and it is very fine line!!!!
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Im a metro as far as personal grooming/hygene but not so much with clothes, I dress decent but I dont care too much about it. I AM, however, super sensitive and romantic, as you all have seen ---->
    Last edited by Y2A; 03-08-2005 at 04:52 AM.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

to me, it's not about mascultinity or the lack thereof

it's just another group of lemmings putting on whatever suit pop culture dictates they should at that time

Grasshoppa
    I'm into fashion, hair highlights, going to stylists to get my haircut, etc. Caring about what you look like doesn't mean you aren't masculine.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

F'n RAGE man, RAGE
    Im with Southern Beast. It is so easy for me to go drop 120 on a shirt and 150 on some pants. Its a bad habit, I swear....but damn! LOL.... Most of the time I just dress casual, but when I go out, I dress nice.
    Height: 5'8''
    Weight: 188
    Body Fat: 12.4%

**** is real
    ehh, i don't usually dress metrosexual, i used to, but then i felt stupid wearing what everyone else was wearing, so usually i wear something tending to be more "wiggerish" than your normal white person (baggy jeans down to my bottom of my ass, although i wear shorts under my pants, and zip up hoodies, that kinda thing, although in the summer, i just wear basketball shorts and tshirts)
    every spring tho, for god knows what reason, i always feel like being trendy, and i go out and buy like $300 worth of new ****, that i wear for 2 months until other people catch on and then i never wear it again lol
    5ft 8in
    149 lbs
    8.0% bf

I wannabebig!
    i remember when wearing baggy jeans and sagging was in.... oh 10 years ago ?

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    boooo, Its like that commercial on spike where all the guys turned into estrogen carrying girls...then the boxing game pops up and saves us all. I think it's fine to a limit but the only time a guy is allowed to look like a dork is when their woman dresses them. If a guy wants to dress all fruity then he shouldnt be surprised when he's considered homo.

this is what I wear!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

I think Metrosexuals are insecure, just doing what they have to do to survive, or I think they are homosexaualiegirlies.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Country Boy
    Thank God I'm a country boy...

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I don't get it.

I'm a country boy, too. Jeans 24/7.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

They try too hard, other guys can see it, and women can smell it as insecurity. WHen A guy spends more time infront of the mirror than most women there's something seriously wrong there,

Jeans and a T-shirt have served me well for 30 years, and I've never had a lack of buddies, girlfriends or respect from anyone. I like being a "man's man" for lack of a better term. Out of bed and ready to go in 2 seconds, not worring about my hair color, my eye brows, or if my shoes are in style.

Metrosexuals are like sooooooo 1990s.

Get with the program.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

I'm probably a metrosexual. I understand womens and mens fashion and I have impecable personal hygeine. That being said, I can fix a sink, toilet, work on my car, or do manual labor with no problems. I think its all about balance. Looking good and feeling good about your self while still retaining your masculinity.

I wear tight shirts and fix my hair all fancy, but that's about it.

i despise the term metrosexual - equating hetero's with fags, and why? because a male is overly concerned with his appearance? that is ridiculous. perhaps it is where i am from (n miami beach, then ft lauderdale) that leads me to believe that it is perfectly normal for guys to shave themselves, to shop and spend quite unjustifiable amounts of money on clothing and accessories (like sunglasses and such), to have a medicine cabinet filled with an array of different moisturizers, colognes, aftershaves, exfoliators, masks, etc, to go to tanning salons. it must be that - bc nearly everyone i have met at school in durham (w/ the exception of those that are from s. florida, NY, europe, s. america, some parts of cali) seems to take nearly no pride whatsoever in their appearance, and as a result look like dissheveled scumbags. i liken it to movies when "city slickers" come through nowhereville-towns, and get ridiculed for their fancy-shmancy outfits, accents, etc.

i fail to see how being a masculine male necessitates the abandonment of pride in one's appearance. that is completely asinine.
    Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man Schweigen.

~L. Wittgenstein