The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wannabebig Member
    I only say I still have a high metabolism because I have friends that if they were to eat 5k calories a day for 7 years like I did with no excercise, they would be 500 lbs by now.

Quagmire wannabe
    Quote Originally Posted by nucular muscle
    i suggest a shake 3 times a day with lots of calories (4000 per serving) i use mega mass 4000 but it is expencive if you take it 3 times a day but worth it i think
    You take in more than 12,000 calories a day?
    He who hesitates masturbates........

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheWayUp
    I always thought the same thing. I could always eat anything without gaining weight. Then when I turned 17 I got a good job and never had a chance to eat at home. I was eating fast food 3 meals a day for an estimated 5000 calories a day. I did this for 7 years straight with no excercise to speak of and I am now at 23% bf. In my opinion that is damn good and I obviously have a great metabolism. But my heart is paying the price with a whopping 327 cholesterol.

For us with high metabolism, it takes a lot more than just stuffing our faces 3 times a day. Try 5 times a day or so lol.
    You no longer have a raging metabolism. I'm sure the no exercise at all helped that along, but at 23% bodyfat, I wouldn't be bragging much about a fast metabolsim =P.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Wannabebig Member
    I'm going to continue to brag The fact that I went 7 years with no excercise and a min of 5000 calories a day of straight fat and carbs tells me something. I still think if my metabolism wasnt good, I would be HUGE by now.

Hopefully I am right anyway. I will see how my first ever cut goes.

i suggest a shake 3 times a day with lots of calories (4000 per serving)
    I suggest not doing what he suggested.

Wannabebig Member
    :withstupi Your metabolism aint great with 23% bf, if it was 15 i would give you some credit. Weight is a stupid number, bf, and overall health is whats important. I'd rather be 200 lbs with 5 % bf ( The dream of many) then 150 with 25 % bf. Also, eat aleast 6 meals, not 3 big ones, your insulin levels will be better balenced. If i was you and had such high cholestral i would wry about diabetes as well since you been living off fast food for 5 yrs.

im the same weight as you 145 but your taller but i also have a fast metabolisum to i suggest a shake 3 times a day with lots of calories (4000 per serving) i use mega mass 4000 but it is expencive if you take it 3 times a day but worth it i think

peace

nucular muscle

so 12,000+ calories a day, is this for a horse or a human?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spencerjrus
    so 12,000+ calories a day, is this for a horse or a human?
    lol eat like a horse yes and thats just the shakes not food

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    About 4L of milk a day.

Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Quagmire wannabe
    So how many calories would you get from a typical days diet? Around the 15,000 mark?

How's the weight gain going? You will be 300lbs in no time, at 56% bodyfat
    He who hesitates masturbates........

Banned
    Yeah man, youre crazy. Thats not even close to a lot of food.

you're joking right?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spencerjrus
    you're joking right?
    I gotta question for all u heavy eaters (> 5k calories), HOW do you keep your stomach from not looking like you are pregnant??? I can't seem to do it....I walk around all day looking like I'm gonna have a baby, and when I sit down, it feels so damn uncomfortable because my stomach is so far out that I feel like I'm gonna sh*t everything out b/c of the pressure. Does your stomach return to normal afterwards or does it stay stretched like this, b/c I dont want a stomach like this for the rest of my life....

Grasshoppa
    Good luck with that.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheWayUp
    I only say I still have a high metabolism because I have friends that if they were to eat 5k calories a day for 7 years like I did with no excercise, they would be 500 lbs by now.
    Probably. What possessed you to do that for 7 years?
    Shao-LiN

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    Good luck with that.

im sorry this cracked me up, the idea of someone eating more than 12,000 calories a day is absolutely ludicrous.

heh....if anybody's brave enough, give this a try...you'll gain weight one way or another:

1 - 1 serving ProComplex, 2 cups milk, 4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 4oz heavy cream

2 - 1 serving ProComplex, 2 cups milk, 1 potato

3 - 2 cans tuna/chicken/turkey, 1 potato

4 - 16oz beef, 2 cups milk

5 - 2 cups milk, 1.5 scoops Optimum, 4oz heavy cream, 2 tbsp PB, 2 tbsp coconut oil

6 - 2 dbl cheeseburgers

7 - 4 eggs, 8 oz chorizo (can substitute another type of sausage here)

8 - 1.5 scoops Optimum, 2 tbsp PB, 1 cup cottage cheese, 12 oz water

I'm using ON's ProComplex here, but you can sub in another protein blend; one serving works out to around 55g of protein.

All in all, this comes out like so:

P - 630g 31%/C - 241g 12%/F - 516g 57%
    8130 kcal
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by jcny19x
    I gotta question for all u heavy eaters (> 5k calories), HOW do you keep your stomach from not looking like you are pregnant??? I can't seem to do it....I walk around all day looking like I'm gonna have a baby, and when I sit down, it feels so damn uncomfortable because my stomach is so far out that I feel like I'm gonna sh*t everything out b/c of the pressure. Does your stomach return to normal afterwards or does it stay stretched like this, b/c I dont want a stomach like this for the rest of my life....

Mine goes back to normal within a week of dropping cals below maintenance. It's just part of the sacrafice while you bulk.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    Probably. What possessed you to do that for 7 years?
    Well what started it was a new job that kept me away from home 12+ hours a day and I never bothered to pack meals to take with me so I always ended up eating fast food.

Believe me, it's not something I am proud of, and in fact I never plan to eat fast food like that again. Even if I do decide to have 1 fast food meal a week or something it will make me sick to even think about how much it's screwing me up.

I think the wakeup call was when the doctor called and said I needed to get in there asap to start treatment for high cholesterol. It's a shame.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerManDL
    P - 630g 31%/C - 241g 12%/F - 516g 57%
    8130 kcal
    I'm not knocking it, just wondering what YOUR reason is for the fairly low carbs and TONS of fat? Do you find that works best for you? I've heard of others recommending that as well, but it's not common on this board at all.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalls
    Mine goes back to normal within a week of dropping cals below maintenance. It's just part of the sacrafice while you bulk.
    thats awesome news, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    I'm not knocking it, just wondering what YOUR reason is for the fairly low carbs and TONS of fat? Do you find that works best for you? I've heard of others recommending that as well, but it's not common on this board at all.
    Main reason is that fat is calorically dense so it's a lot easier to get all the calories in. It also makes it easier to get the protein. Trying to eat even in the 5000-6000 cal range with higher carb diets, and getting all the protein in, just doesn't agree with my stomach and appetite. By adding the high-calorie liquid fat sources, it makes it much easier to get everything for the day.

Anecdotally it also helps in keeping somewhat lean; now I do realize that on 8000+ calories staying "lean" is really a moot point, but for me it'd just end up being more practical so why not?
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Do that voodoo that he do
    With my slow-ass metabolism I'd end up blowing up on that kind of diet, but I bet it'd be less than an equal amount of calories in a higher carbohydrate diet.

Call it insulin resistance or whatever, but I find that I function better on lower carbs (100-200g/day).

I agree in that fat is the most calorically dense and the easiest to pound down.

If you're a natural fatty (like me), then cut this diet in half, keep the carbs at 150-200g, and you've got a good bulker.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo