Thread: How do I maintain?

How do I maintain?

Well because of school I can no longer keep up my intense training that i once had. My diet is slipping, I dont find time to eat any more so my calorie intake isnt high enough to make muscles. My training is usually consistent but i can no longer train intensely because the lack of food. So i just want to save all the muscles i already have.

How should i train to maintain? I know i cant go heavy because of the lack of food. so how light should I go?
    for example right now I can do 65lb dbs x 8 reps. than 60 x 8 reps and 55 x 8 reps. (thats intense for me, and for muscle building.)

How much weight should I lift to maintain my size and strength?

I am 5'9 168 ~12 percent bf. used to weigh 172 I can already see myself getting smaller and normal like the rest of population

took me a long year to put on all the muscle i have now and to increase my strenght. i put in way to much work for it to go all to waste. Please help
    Sweat in time of peace, bleed less in time of war.

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    You have to help yourself, Bro.

You did the work, now you need to FIND a way to continue to make lifting a part of your life.

FIND a way to lift.

FIND a way to eat.

Either that, or say BYE BYE to the work you started.

for example right now I can do 65lb dbs x 8 reps. than 60 x 8 reps and 55 x 8 reps.
    I guess that would be impressive or not if I knew the exercise you were applying the weights to. VERY impressive curl, decent fly, sucky db bench...
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Wannabebig Member
    You need to take weight gain shakes. I used Myoplex Mass. Chug 2 or 3 a day when you can get to food to keep your muscles fed.

Joey54's crazy partner DumbbellTosser's Avatar
    MOTIVATION and EFFORT, my friend. You can do it!

You will fall in love with working out and eventually you'll no longer need to force yourself to do the things you need to do to make gains... Working out will be a part of you.
    It's like I'm a juicer... but I'm not.

I love the gym and it has become apart of my life but the eatting part is a real pain. I can not find time to cook something or get some food.

right now school is more important. =(

I will try to improve my diet. I love lifting weights. I will lift weights for the rest of my life. !!!!! =)
    Sweat in time of peace, bleed less in time of war.

Joey54's crazy partner DumbbellTosser's Avatar
    That's the spirit!
    It's like I'm a juicer... but I'm not.