The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Fifty50 Peanut Butter

I know how big everyone here is on natty peanut butter. I was at the store the other day to pick up my Smuckers Natural peanut butter when I looked next to and saw this stuff. Fifty50, it's marketed as a low-glycemic diabetic peanut butter. I checked out the label and it's actually got less sugar than Smuckers.

2 TBS
    Cal- 220
    Fat - 18g
    Carb - 6g
    fiber - 2g
    protein - 10g

The kicker for me is that it had the consistency of real peanut butter, not the oily crap like Smuckers Natural and I think it tastes a lot better. It's creamy and think and you don't have to store it upside so that oil doesn't sit on top. If you can find it I suggest giving it a try, I'm sold on it.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

No modified oils of any kind? Sounds good!

http://www.fifty50.com.hk/proddetail...fe958502e351e8

Ingredients:
    Peanuts, Hydogenerated Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed, Cottonseed, soybean) to prevent separation.

Anything wrong with rapeseed, cottonseed, or soybean oil?

Hydrogenated Oil! The worst of the worst. Hydrogenated Oils (both fully and partially hydrogenated) are terrible for the body. They wreck up your cirulatory system, damage your health, on and on and on.

What's Wrong with Hydrogenation?

Unlike butter or virgin coconut oil, hydrogenated oils contain high levels of trans fats. A trans fat is an otherwise normal fatty acid that has been "transmogrified", by high-heat processing of a free oil. The fatty acids can be double-linked, cross-linked, bond-shifted, twisted, or messed up in a variety of other ways.

The problem with trans fats is that while the "business end" (the chemically active part) is messed up, the "anchor end" (the part that is attached to the cell wall) is unchanged. So they take up their position in the cell wall, like a guard on the fortress wall. But like a bad guard, they don't do their job! They let foreign invaders pass unchallenged, and they stop supplies at the gates instead of letting them in.

In short, trans fats are poisons, just like arsenic or cyanide. They interfere with the metabolic processes of life by taking the place of a natural substance that performs a critical function. And that is the definition of a poison. Your body has no defense against them, because they never even existed in our two billion years of evolution -- so we've never had the need or the opportunity to evolve a defense against them.
    http://www.treelight.com/health/nutr...natedOils.html
    This is a little brief, but what should be noted is that there isn't a high oppinion of it in the health field.

Here is a much more indepth page on Hydrogenated Oils and their effects:
    http://www.recoverymedicine.com/hydrogenated_oils.htm

The hydrogenated oil content is why the peanut butter has the same consistency. "Natural" is definately NOT what it is, nor would I consume it.

Edit: All true natural peanut butters will have an oily separation. If you ever see peanut butter that does not have the oil, it is undoubtably filled with hydrogenated oil.
    Last edited by betastas; 02-24-2005 at 01:37 PM.

the oil on top of the Natty stuff is natural... this diabetic stuff is for lard asses who wanna eat PB but dont wanna die.... There is a whole SLEW of products out there like that now, including junk food/candy bars.... most of these cater to the growing population with Type II diabetes.
    I classify that fifty50 stuff just the same

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bas
    the oil on top of the Natty stuff is natural... this diabetic stuff is for lard asses who wanna eat PB but dont wanna die.... There is a whole SLEW of products out there like that now, including junk food/candy bars.... most of these cater to the growing population with Type II diabetes.
    I classify that fifty50 stuff just the same

sad but true.

Maybe it's 50 percent peanut butter and 50 percent bulls**t. Who knows?
    Currently studying 20 hours a day with 2 hours for exercise and then 2 to sleep.

6'2", 180 lbs.
    Bodyfat in the 18% range... (Maybe)

VikingWarlord, getfit and Ryuage are my Natural PB sister and brothers...

"Your initials are M-U-D, and if you can't spell that means MUD." -Cobra underling from G.I. Joe

just give me Natty PB buy the truck load i'll be the happiest person on earth!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by getfit

I could live off nothing but organic peanut butter and milk.

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    And that is why you are my Natty PB sister. I too could live off of natty pb and skim milk. I love the stuff! Just found a Walmart grocery story nearby that sells bigger jars of the Natty PB than most stores. YUM!
    Currently studying 20 hours a day with 2 hours for exercise and then 2 to sleep.

6'2", 180 lbs.
    Bodyfat in the 18% range... (Maybe)

VikingWarlord, getfit and Ryuage are my Natural PB sister and brothers...

"Your initials are M-U-D, and if you can't spell that means MUD." -Cobra underling from G.I. Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum
    And that is why you are my Natty PB sister. I too could live off of natty pb and skim milk. I love the stuff! Just found a Walmart grocery story nearby that sells bigger jars of the Natty PB than most stores. YUM!
    really?*runs to walmart and empty's shelves* hehehehe! awwwww pb sister sweet!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I knew it was too good to be true, thanks for raining on my parade guys.

Back to the natti, I'll feed this stuff to my roommates.