The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

From FAT to FIT!

Well I doubt anyone will get any oh so great info from this journal etc. I have to admit compaired to everyone on here I don't know crap about fitness. Basically I just want to get to 18% body fat, a pretty decent weight , be fit and look nice. As most people know its easier said then done.....but I already have come far..now I am ready to finish my journey. I lost 79 lbs so far...yeah I was more than fat I was obese....got into a bad wreck and ended up in therapy for two years due to injuries. Well when you can be active for a long time you know what happens then. I went from captain of the cheerleading team, dancer and gymnast of 9 years to this GROSS huh! Well this is me on Halloween this year! Much better but still need some work. In that pic I was about 240. I am now today at 227. This is basically something for me to keep myself going until I reach my goal..and even then some. It will just be boring bable etc etc about my journey...feel free to comment on anything.

Here is a quick run down...
    Height-5'10
    Current weight-227
    Body Fat Percentage (2 months ago and last check in)-25% I know it's pretty low for my wieght...I have to much muscle in my opinion I am working on going down a bit.

Basically I will try to log my activities and what I ate for the day. Since I didn't keep tract what i ate today I will start that part tomorrow.

Excersise for today was-
    I worked out my arms, chest and back (muscles) today. I now do light weights at high reps to prevent from building anymore mucle.
    I did my ball crunches-75 of them.
    I did 30 mins of cardio on the tradmil at 7.0 incline...3.5speed.

I need to incorporate some cardio in the mornings..but I have been on an odd sleeping schedule with work so we will see what i can do about that.

As far as diet I am playing around a bit trying to find a good setting for me.

Any feed back is welcome
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I now do light weights at high reps to prevent from building anymore mucle.

Dont! bigger muscles burn more calories.
    No lean woman will look too bulk without using steroids.
    muscles will never grow when your losing weight anyway.
    just do them heavy and work them hard. that way you wont lose any and when you get slim you will sexy instead of like a stick.

when your losing weight like you are theres no way you would be making your muscles grow.

You look like you have meade a great change already! Well done on that!!!!

I will be reading to see your progress!!!!!!!!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

way to go!!

you've done a great job, stick to your diet and keep lifting weights and you'll get where you wanna be

Originally posted by Reinier
    I now do light weights at high reps to prevent from building anymore mucle.

Dont! bigger muscles burn more calories.
    No lean woman will look too bulk without using steroids.
    muscles will never grow when your losing weight anyway.
    just do them heavy and work them hard. that way you wont lose any and when you get slim you will sexy instead of like a stick.

when your losing weight like you are theres no way you would be making your muscles grow.
    As soon as I show you a pic of my calf muscle...(whenever I get it up) You will see what I am talking about it's too much to me. Your right I don't want to be a stick...but I don't want to be too buff either. I would rather get "smaller" and if I was unhappy with muscle amount...work up to it then try to work down from it!

Thanx for the kind words everyone
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Yeah Reinier, you're so freaking ripped with muscle, it's unbelievable.

Good luck.

Ahh today! I will just Edit the rest as the day goes on!

Meal 1- 1/2 serving of oatmeal...I wasnt too hungry.

Meal 2- 1/2 cup of pasta....5 potato chips LOL

Meal 3- cup of low fat cottage cheese and 3 slices of lean turkey. 1/2 cup of fat free ice cream (gosh sunday is a bad eating day ) LOL

Meal 4- 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese and some cabbage!

Meal 5- 2 slices of lean turkey, two slices of fat free cheese.

Excersise- Someone please beat me! I worked out my legs, thighs and Butt. Did my ball crunches, my ball squats and then only 10 mins of cardio I got boredtuttut Damn me
    Last edited by Celestial; 11-25-2001 at 07:40 PM.

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

A couple suggestions, first, i would start counting your calories, you seem to be really low, you don't wanna reduce to many cals too soon, otherwise your metabolism will shut down and tell you to f*ck off. Second, i would change pasta with brown rice or something, if you are gonna eat pasta, opt for the wheat pasta. Next, you need more protein, get in some tuna, eggs, etc. Finally, on cardio, try to do stuff that doesn't bore you to death, for example if you are gonna walk, do it outside, you're in florida for God sake, enjoy the weather.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Originally posted by just_a_pup
    A couple suggestions, first, i would start counting your calories, you seem to be really low, you don't wanna reduce to many cals too soon, otherwise your metabolism will shut down and tell you to f*ck off. Second, i would change pasta with brown rice or something, if you are gonna eat pasta, opt for the wheat pasta. Next, you need more protein, get in some tuna, eggs, etc. Finally, on cardio, try to do stuff that doesn't bore you to death, for example if you are gonna walk, do it outside, you're in florida for God sake, enjoy the weather.
    Hey thanx for the info! I have a hard time eating a lot....so I have to break it down into small meals otherwise I will feel sick all day and not eat at all. my problem is I usually dont eat enough......but how much should I eat as far as calories go etc??? I will add some egg whites to my meal plan...and some more protein as well. hard for me to eat...without feeling sick. SO I have to take that slow I am getting better

Ok today so far!

I woke up late because I went to bed 8 AM....sigh

1-low fat cottage cheese and 3 slices of lean turkey

2--low fat cottage cheese and a veggie garden burger, i slice of fat free cheese.

3- bananna

4-3 egg whites!

5-bannana

6-2 slices of turkey with two slices of fat free cheese and one tangerine.

7-cabbage.

I had way to much fruit today!

Excerise, worked my arms and back today on the machines....did my ball crunches and 30 mins or cardio on the elip machine
    Last edited by Celestial; 11-27-2001 at 01:55 PM.

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Awesome progress, Celestial...you are on the right track!

I agree with pup on checking your cals. If you have a lot of muscle and are active, you need a lot more food than your average female.

Good luck and keep writing...

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

The general rule is to start at about 500 cals below your BMR. To figure your bmr, just mulitply your bodyweight by 12, that'll give you a raw figure, then just subtract 500 from that number and go from there. Good idea on the egg whites, they are easy protein and not overly filling.

Ok I just got up..my sleeping schedule is so screwed but I have to make sure I get enough sleep and rest for my body. I end up eating breakfast now and my last meal at 4 am then going to bed around 6am or so.....

TODAY is the first day I am going to start hydroxycut...just took my pill then I am eating in a half hour.

1-turkey bacon, tomatao , fat free miracle whip and two slices of low calorie bread. I will count the calories today!(525)

2-2 slices of lean turkey, 3 slices of cheese and 3 egg whites.
    (430)

3-Tangerine (cals???) Still have two meals or so to go!

4-fish (200 cals), creamed corn (100), canoli(???)....errrrrrrrrr ekkkk ice cream (300) LOL

Excersise- Did my squats, ball squats, bridge dips, ball crunches and worked out my legs, thighs anbd butt on the machines Then did 30 mins of intense cardio on the Elip machine
    Last edited by Celestial; 11-28-2001 at 12:54 AM.

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

damn good posts Rob. Karma for you. Oh wait...

anyway, first things first, i'm not sure why it's messed up, but you definately wanna sort out your body clock babe.

secondly, i agree with rob about the counting of cals - once you hit a sticking point without counting them you're gonna be running in circles so well done there.

Thirdly, rob is right about getting most of your cals from protein. [approx] 30% of protein's cals are lost purely from their own metabolism, so it makes sense to eat more - even if muscle conservation isn't your priority.

other than that - best of luck!
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    damn good posts Rob. Karma for you. Oh wait...

anyway, first things first, i'm not sure why it's messed up, but you definately wanna sort out your body clock babe.

secondly, i agree with rob about the counting of cals - once you hit a sticking point without counting them you're gonna be running in circles so well done there.

Thirdly, rob is right about getting most of your cals from protein. [approx] 30% of protein's cals are lost purely from their own metabolism, so it makes sense to eat more - even if muscle conservation isn't your priority.

other than that - best of luck!
    Well right now with my working situation my body clock has to be this way. I got through a normal day like anyone else does...but when I have breakfast and my meals etc its at my time and not everyone else...kinda confusing I suppose. But it will have to be this way for another 2 months or so...I dont like it but I have to make money some way

I started counting cals todaY

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Yesterday was my first day on hydroxycut...I had a bit of the jitters but i drank a lot of water and I had a much harder workout....that stuff seems to make me sweat more and have more energy! Hopefully the jitters with resolve when my body gets used to the stuff. Well anyways I just woke up and about to have breakfast.....more to come later

Meal 1-4 hard boiled egg whites and a tangerine!

2- HALF a siz inch sub with everything on it as far as veggies and turkey...lil mayo and some cheese

3- other half of the sub and one cookie

lots of water

Excersise- all my arm, back and chest machines, ab crunches and 15 mins or cardio (gym closed)
    Last edited by Celestial; 11-29-2001 at 01:49 PM.

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

yeah as your tolerance to the caffiene increases you should feel less jittery keep up the good work

OK guys things are getting really busy for me and I cant type up everything I do everyday. I am keeping tract of my calories etc and going to the gym everyday. I will post my pics and achivments as they come! My current weight is 225 Below is picture from above of me a month ago and then two from within the last two days a 16pd difference. I need to see the pictures to reinforce myself about the difference..no matter how i feel, what it says on the scale etc..if I don't see a difference in a picture I get depressed...I think I have problems LOL Anyways it's my way to reinsure myself. I didn't relaize the difference 15 pounds made until my BF pointed it out to me when I had the pics next to each other.... slowly but surely right?

NOW!

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Oh yeah the hydroxycut seems to make me sweat a lotttttttt more during my workouts...does it do that? Or is it just me???

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

I believe it does that.

Originally posted by Reinier
    I believe it does that.
    Ok then...cause good god I sweat doing the simplest things now!!!

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

It seems like on the right track and making great progress!

BTW Cute shoes!!!!!!

Damnit, the woman shows us pics, tells us her progress, keeps track of her diet and you gotta talk about shoes tuttut

Ok I am down to 224 now Been loising a pound a day since I started taking hydroxycut! Obviously the stuff orks pretty well. I figured out how to get over my cardio bordness. I was talking to a friend of mine who plays pro ball and we were talking about fitness. He gave me the idea to do a few machines...steady and keep my heart rate up then jump on a cardio machine for 5-7 mins...then do some more weight machines...then do it again...more wights then 15-20 min cardio...This way I end up with lots more cardio!!!!! We will see its results!

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Hey all. well i took yesterday off as far as any excersise. My knee was hurting pretty bad and I figured I could probably use a day off. Soooo thats that. My knee is still hurting today but I am going to be careful and wear my brace etc...it just happens every once in a while from my old injury...it will be sore

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Well I feel like crap because I didnt hit the gym again today It was my leg day and I figured since my knee still hurts I shouldnt go and do my leg day....let it heal more just takes time which sucks..makes me feel lazy

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8