Thread: Post Surgery Diet

There may be hope yet. JustinASU's Avatar
    Silently Slipping into the dark abyss of Insanity

Post Surgery Diet

Hey guys. I undergoing surgery this wednesday and I'm trying ot figure out a good diet that I can use so I don't lose a lot of weight in the weeks that I cannot lift or eat solid foods.

I can't eat solid foods for at least 1 wk afterwards. I'm thinking a weightgainer will be my best frienbd during this time period. I like N-Large so I'm definitely going that direction.

Can anyone recommend a liquid source of healthy fats? Olive oil comes to mind. Any other ideas?

Other than that cottage cheese/milk/yogurt will be mainstays. All this dairy is gonna make me feel like ****.

Oh and lastly, I'm looking for a good fiber source so all the protein can move efficiently through my body.

hmm...I wonder if I'll be able to take a multi...
    Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men.
    But pull your head on out of your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again

Well, what you've got there is actually pretty good.

In terms of fiber, you will probably have to supplement with it for that 1 week.

Other than that, it's just gonna be about getting in the right number of cals from those sources.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Country Boy
    Dairy an regualr over the counter fiber supps can really bloat you; leaving you w/ a horrible feeling.Esp if your surgery will be on in the abdominal/chest area; I know from 1st hand experiance.

UniFiber by Niche Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a fiber that is ultra fine. It was made to prevent bloating/gas prevent inteferance w/ absorption of any medication.It doesn't gel or clump & can be mixed in w/ soft foods an liquids w/o effecting the taste.

Hope this helps any.

Grasshoppa
    Food: Weight gainer, protein powders, home-made MRPs, etc.

Liquid fats: Olive oil, Flax oil, Peanut butter (sort of solid, hehe), Udo's Choice, etc.

Fiber: Metamucil or whatever other fiber supplements are out there.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    udo's is a great single solution for fat

I'll look into Udo's and unifiber..thanks
    Credulous at best
    And give a listen

Any reputable website's I can buy Udo's from? Otherwise I'll just have to froogle it and cross my fingers. I've found this
    Last edited by JustinASU; 02-27-2005 at 12:43 PM.
    Credulous at best
    And give a listen

Quote Originally Posted by JustinASU
    Any reputable website's I can buy Udo's from? Otherwise I'll just have to froogle it and cross my fingers. I've found this
    Just go to a health food store.

You want to keep Udo's refridgerated.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg