The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    47

    Starting out - Help appreciated

    Hey Guys,

    As you can probably see from the pics, I am just starting out.

    Im 6ft, and about 145lbs, So I am rather slim - Therefore I am looking to bulk up a little, any help on what to eat etc would be great. Im not wanting to get fat, just bigger in stages till I reach what I am happy with.

    I've been told im rather cut for my size now, this is probably due to the free trials i've done at gym's etc and lifting the odd one or two weights around the house.

    However, I joined a gym with a 12 month contract, so I am looking to getting into this seriously now.

    Therefore I am looking for any advice etc, which will help me to get bigger and stronger.

    Any comments on how I look now, and any tips etc to get bigger would be great.

    Please bare in mind, I am only starting out - So I may not know what you mean with some of the BB lingo.

    I await your replies.

    Kind Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    Snthee snowster900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    N.J
    Posts
    259
    Eat Like Crazy
    Started Weight - 130
    Current Weight - 171 as of 2\18\05 WOOHOO
    GOAL - 175-180

    Height - 5'6

    My jornal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=61203

  4. #3
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    47
    Snowster,

    Thanks for the reply, However, It hasn't really helped me.

    I know that I must eat more, however, I do currently eat alot. I just have a high metabolism, therefore I don't put on alot of weight.

    Therefore what and how much should I eat?

    Regards

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by implinet
    Snowster,

    Thanks for the reply, However, It hasn't really helped me.

    I know that I must eat more, however, I do currently eat alot. I just have a high metabolism, therefore I don't put on alot of weight.

    Therefore what and how much should I eat?

    Regards
    Go to the diet and nutrition forum and there is a sticky called what a bodybuilder eats.
    Last edited by LC; 02-28-2005 at 12:57 PM.

  6. #5
    Senior Member bigpoppapump979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    0
    yea defintely check that out its a great article. helped me on a school pres. last yr.

  7. #6
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    47
    Any comments/Suggestions on my pics?

    Regards

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    0
    hit the gym 4-5 days a WEEK

    eat 4-5 FULL meals a day........

    when you workout make sure you are doing the full range of movement

    do push ups every other night

    have a protien meal befre you go to bed, this consists of a protien shake/peanut butter snawhich/and a yogurt

    eat lotta eggs.

    get some creatine



    YOUR SET BRO PLS KEEP US UPDATTED

  9. #8
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    47
    Hey man,

    Thanks for the reply.

    When you say "protien shake/peanut butter snawhich/and a yogurt"

    What kinda shake do you mean? And what type of yogurt, Just your average one from the store?

    And regarding the eggs, Is there any way inparticualr I should cook them?

    Regards

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    0
    the answers you want are way too extensive to answer in this thread..read the what a bodybuilder eats sticky in the diet and nutrition section..and check out the Wannabebig Routines section also...you may have a fast metabolism, but there are quite a few successfull bodybuilders and big dudes that were in a similar boat as yourself...do some research....get involved in the wannabebig community...and post a little...it will take a long time for you to wade through all the information...be patient...and good luck

  11. #10
    Snthee snowster900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    N.J
    Posts
    259
    maybe you could show us yoru diet becaue a lot of peope that think there getttina ALOT of food really arent getting enough.
    And shoes that is not good advice.. he doesn't have to go to the gym that much a week he doesn't have to eat 4-5 meals a day maybe a little more and deffinetlly shouldn't do push ups everyother night that is pointless and also doesn't need creatine.
    Started Weight - 130
    Current Weight - 171 as of 2\18\05 WOOHOO
    GOAL - 175-180

    Height - 5'6

    My jornal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=61203

  12. #11
    Whiner Geeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    673
    OK OK OK, not to highjack this thread.....but maybe I believe that Brad Pitt is 155 pounds now. (Being 6 foot myself I just could never imagine someone my hight being less than atleast 175)

  13. #12
    Zeebo. Southern Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Trussville, AL
    Posts
    1,735
    It looks like you have good potential to me. Definately read this thread. If you want to gain serious mass, you'll need a lot more calories, and a lot of protein. When I bulk, I always try to start the day right with a protein shake and maybe some eggs, and I always have a shake before bed. That way, when I'm sleeping, there's something in my system.

    Eat constantly. Try not to let more than 3 hours go by without having something to eat. Get on a good program (Try WBB Routine #1), and keep track of all your progress. Stay active on these boards, too, and keep us updated.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

    "Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

    "It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

  14. #13
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sh0es
    hit the gym 4-5 days a WEEK



    do push ups every other night
    I would say hit the gym 3 days a week until you put on a little weight. I also wouldn't do push ups-ever.

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by sh0es
    hit the gym 4-5 days a WEEK

    eat 4-5 FULL meals a day........

    when you workout make sure you are doing the full range of movement

    do push ups every other night

    have a protien meal befre you go to bed, this consists of a protien shake/peanut butter snawhich/and a yogurt

    eat lotta eggs.

    get some creatine



    YOUR SET BRO PLS KEEP US UPDATTED
    He is just starting out. He does NOT need to go 4-5 times per week. 3 days will be plenty.

    A sandwich implies bread. You don't want carbs before you go to bed. Yogurt is also bad right before bed because it contains a lot of sugar. Right before bed you want a slow absorbing protein (casein) and healthy fats.

  16. #15
    Om. Avocado. MM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    I would say hit the gym 3 days a week until you put on a little weight. I also wouldn't do push ups-ever.
    I concur. If you have access to a gym, there's no reason to do push-ups.

    Eat any food that once was an animal or that came from an animal.

  17. #16
    Quagmire wannabe
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by implinet
    I know that I must eat more, however, I do currently eat alot. I just have a high metabolism, therefore I don't put on alot of weight.

    Therefore what and how much should I eat?
    Post a typical day's diet so we can see what your eating. Like the other's have suggested read the 'What a bodybuilder eats' sticky. I think someone else linked it so I won't bother linking it again. Take a look at the WBB routine's, they are a good starting point for good workout's.
    He who hesitates masturbates........

  18. #17
    En botella whey! Max-Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dorchester, MA
    Posts
    4,809
    Quote Originally Posted by implinet
    Snowster,

    Thanks for the reply, However, It hasn't really helped me.

    I know that I must eat more, however, I do currently eat alot. I just have a high metabolism, therefore I don't put on alot of weight.

    Therefore what and how much should I eat?

    Regards
    Until until you turn blue in the face. Then...eat more.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal


    PB's&Goals

    Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    36
    You say you eat a lot but that doesnt mean you are eating ENOUGH..... start tracking your calories in www.fitday.com or post a typical days diet with calorie breakdown.... If you really are eating as much as possible than try adding in a weightgainer shake every day..... looking lean as hell man wish i could have started that lean!
    My Journal

    My Pictures and Stats

    From Boondock Saints
    Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter! Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

Similar Threads

  1. Starting a slow, healthy bulk....critique....
    By trojan1444 in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 02:15 PM
  2. Help Im starting to break out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By niketpatel71 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 06:17 PM
  3. Just starting out
    By RichyB in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 06:31 PM
  4. just starting out
    By timbomann in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 12:56 PM
  5. Starting Up, Again..Please any critiques will be appreciated
    By MBAlifter in forum Members' Pics and Videos
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-11-2002, 11:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •