Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am FURIOUS!!!

I am FURIOUS!!!

I weight 90kg (198lb) as of today. I am eating about 3000cals a day. I eat 2.2 grams protein per kilo of my bodyweight everyday. I workout hardcore monday to friday. In the last three months i have only put on 10lb bodyweight...someone tell me if this is good or bad coz Im about to rip my own head off and throw it against the wall!!!! Thanks for any advice and for letting vent steam....
    Give me DOMS or give me death

pretty decent, it's a slow process. just think, that equals 40 lbs after a year.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

How much were you expecting to gain in 12 weeks? Like Webb said, it's not bad at all (unless most of it is fat)
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    just to put it in perspective

an experienced bodybuilder is luck to gain 5lbs/year

Banned
    You weigh 200 lbs and only eat 3000 calories? Are you kidding me?
    Im suprised you put on any weight at all...I eat 3400 cals at 158 pounds...

Quote Originally Posted by darius19
    :withstupi I'd be losing weight on 3000 calories. If you aren't gaining at your desired rate, there's a very simple solution:

Eat more.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Banned
    Everyone has different metabolisms...

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    That's what I was about to say. I can gain with 2700-2800 cals per day. 3000 makes me fat I weight 166 lbs at the moment.
    Edgar V.

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

I think that is a decent rate (as long as the gains were consistent throughout that time). As said, that would equal 40lbs/year. Everyone here says shoot for 1lb/week to gain. But personally I think that is too much. If you did that for 1 year that would be 52lbs. At the very minimum half of that will be fat. Most people are very lucky if they put on 20-30lbs of lbm in a year when first starting off. Gains slow down as your time progresses in the gym.
    Last edited by Stupendous; 02-28-2005 at 03:57 PM.

Banned
    Trust me, my metabolism is Terrible...it is extremlly slow. I dont know how I do it then...

Grasshoppa
    You're making the assumption that one formula applies to everyone. No one person's genetics is identical to another person's, unless you are talking about identical twins.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

if you want better gains you need to be eating atleast 3500 calories. YOu making decent progress though. Don't be furious lol.
    Never Giving In.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by waynis
    if you want better gains you need to be eating atleast 3500 calories.
    Define "better".

This seems like a terribly generalized statement based on the information we've been provided.

Define "better".

This seems like a terribly generalized statement based on the information we've been provided.
    better meaning gaining weight which may be some fat and some muscle. For his weight he probably needs to eat more. i'am 202 right now and if I don't get in around 3500 I won't gain much. I've gained 7 lbs in the last 3 months. I don't eat enough..
    Never Giving In.

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    You're making the assumption that one formula applies to everyone. No one person's genetics is identical to another person's, unless you are talking about identical twins.
    :withstupi
    Edgar V.

Grasshoppa
    better meaning gaining weight which may be some fat and some muscle. For his weight he probably needs to eat more. i'am 202 right now and if I don't get in around 3500 I won't gain much. I've gained 7 lbs in the last 3 months. I don't eat enough..
    10 pounds in 12 weeks sounds like he's gaining just fine.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

look at it this way thats a little elss than 1 lb a week of gains.... shouldnt be puttin on very much fat at that rate so your gains are lean.....
    My Journal

My Pictures and Stats

From Boondock Saints
    Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter! Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

pffft @ all you ~3000 cal a day bulkers.

You're only a REAL man if you bulk on at least 5000cals, like me

btw, 10lbs in 3 months is good.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by Holto
    just to put it in perspective

an experienced bodybuilder is luck to gain 5lbs/year
    Wow, is it just me, or does that number seem way too low?

I don't even know what a respectable number would be, but 5lbs just seems too low. Maybe I'm completely wrong though.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by Manveet

I don't even know what a respectable number would be, but 5lbs just seems too low. Maybe I'm completely wrong though.
    I'm an English tutor, and it looks like a sentence fragment. I think the rest of it was supposed to read "if he eats only carrots and low-fat frozen yogurt".

WBB Member

It seems reasonable if you think about it. Suppose someone starts BB'ing at age 18, at which point they are 6' 170 lbs. They could probably gain at least 15 lbs of LBM their first year or 2 just from newbie gains. But a lot of pro BB'ers are in their late 30's or even early 40's. So suppose the guy in our example were to gain 10-15 lbs LBM per year until he was 30. That would put him at 6' 290-350 lbs, pretty unreasonable IMO. I think 5lbs/year is probably about right.
    Last edited by SpecialK; 02-28-2005 at 10:29 PM.

For a n00b bodybuilder they can expect slightly better gains.

But no he is correct. Someone posted a gif of Ronnie Coleman a while ago. The time span was 12 years. The lbm gain was ~70lbs so that is ~5.8lbs/year.

Banned

He said an "experienced" bodybuilder. You can only ever gain so much weight in a lifetime. By the time you're "experienced" there isn't much room to grow.

Banned
    It totally depends on the way in which he's bulking. 10 lbs in 3 months is REALLY good if he's not adding much/any bodyfat. If he's gaining at closer to a 50:50 muscle:fat ratio, then it's not so good...although in that case, I don't think increasing calories would be an answer. He'd want to be looking into changing his food choices and macros.

thanks for all the advice people!!! it does make me feel better...
    I think i was just shocked to see i only put 2.2lb (1kg) on in the last month thats all...When I actually calmed down and averaged that out to around 3.3lb a month it made me feel alittle stupid for getting so annoyed...I guess i was thinking (from what i seem to read and hear) that 1lb a week is waht the average is....and yes the gains i have made are pretty much lbm not too much fat....thank God!!!
    Cheers for all your help everyone!!!
    Give me DOMS or give me death