The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

lets rate the value of eggs!

1. Can you get fat eating 20+ eggs a day?

2. do eggs contain high value protein?

3. Are eggs relatively cheap?

Give me more good things about eggs, I try to do searches but these are the questions I really wants answers for.

I am thinking of eating 20eggs a day from now on, Ive read that it benefits the natural bodybuilder very much.

Anybody also read this?
    Last edited by Rock; 02-06-2005 at 08:52 AM.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Eat eggs = big legs.

20 a day? If you can do it, more power to you. I don't think I could, and I love eggs. Probably more fat in them than I'd like, but I guess it depends on the rest of your diet.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Do that voodoo that he do
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock

Give me more good things about eggs, I try to do searches but these are the questions I really wants answers for.

I am thinking of eating 20eggs a day from now on, Ive read that it benefits the natural bodybuilder very much.

Anybody also read this?

1. Sure you can get fat eating 20+ eggs a day. You can get skinny, too. It depends on the rest of your diet. 20 eggs is about 1400 calories, 100g of fat, and 125g of protein.

2. Egg protein is about the highest biological value protein available.

3. Eggs in the US tend to be cheap. It might be different where you are.

Eggs are a great food for both the natural and enhanced bodybuilder. 20+ a day might be a bit much. A few whole eggs and some egg whites might be a better mix.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

Trying to learn on the fly
    whole eggs or egg whites?

3:16

Anybody also read this?
    1) if that increase your kcal intake over your requirements then YES. otherwise NO. but this is not to do with the egg per se, but kcal intake.

2) yes

3) cheap over per KG. though other protein sauce like milk are cheaper, while stirlion steak costs more.

you cna mix eggs with flour etc for omlettes, pancakes and make a lot nice dishes as egg by themselves are not particulary exciting.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

1. yes and no. Eat 20+ eggs a day plus alot of other high fats or high calorie foods and you will get fat. Take in fat just from the eggs and nothing else and you could be ok.

2. the value of the protein is what makes em so special, not just that they usually have 6 grams of protein per egg.

3. Of course, isn't that a given?
    Never Giving In.

Most would eat more egg whites if they are worried about fat, cholesterol.
    And this brings up the age old ? of which came first the egg or the chicken?

Disciple#1
    Quote Originally Posted by bill
    Most would eat more egg whites if they are worried about fat, cholesterol.
    No egg = no chicken
    You never know what you can do, until you try to do more than you can.

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    This is a tough one. The animals could have been created right off the bat and later producing or the egg could have been created hatching the chicken. You would think you would need the chicken first to make the egg though. I think the chicken came first.
    Never Giving In.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    20 eggs will have over 4g of cholesteral. So if you feel real lucky, then go for it.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    20 eggs will have over 4g of cholesteral. So if you feel real lucky, then go for it.
    This has probably been pointed out ad nauseum, but ingested dietary cholesterol does not directly translate to serum cholesterol levels in the blood.

...20 eggs a day is a bit much and would drive me completely bonkers, but as to if it will make you fat; they are so many variables involved in adding bodyfat that you can't say one food or another will make you fat.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

arnie says not to eat any more than 2 a day... dunno why. I think it's cuz they have fat soluble vitamins like D that can cause some bad side effects in high doses.... 20 eggs a day might be a problem in that respect.

eggs are a good thing to eat...but 20+ a day might be a bit much...i would mix whole eggs with egg whites as an alternative....but u think u can really eat 20+ eggs a day? i love eggs but i prob couldn't eat more than 5-10 a day....

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlemaniac
    arnie says not to eat any more than 2 a day... dunno why. I think it's cuz they have fat soluble vitamins like D that can cause some bad side effects in high doses.... 20 eggs a day might be a problem in that respect.
    The sun also gives you high doses of Vitamin D (lack of Vitamin D from the sun is generally what doctors attribute S.A.D. to).

Not that there might not be some other chemical in egg yolks that could harm you, but its highly unlikely Vit. D is the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup
    This has probably been pointed out ad nauseum, but ingested dietary cholesterol does not directly translate to serum cholesterol levels in the blood.

...20 eggs a day is a bit much and would drive me completely bonkers, but as to if it will make you fat; they are so many variables involved in adding bodyfat that you can't say one food or another will make you fat.
    Really? I never knew this. So eating 6 eggs a day would not raise the serum cholesterol levels in the blood?

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

CC...Serum cholesterol is affected by more factors than just ingesting cholesterol. Case in point: a lot of people who have used the low carb/high fat diets have had reductions in serum cholesterol.

There is also something to be said about what certain diets do to the ratio of HDL to LDL, but even that isn't effected by direct ingestion, eating certain foods will certainly lead to a rise in one or the other depending on metabolic state (levels of insulin and FFA in the blood for example).

I think for the most part, people naturally equate the ingestion of one substance to be a direct correlation to the level of that macronutrient, chemical, etc. in the body. We saw this with the low fat craze (remember Susan Powter anyone "fat makes you fat").

To finish a thought...the valuable EFAs and high BV of egg protein far outweigh any chances that ingesting egg cholesterol could infact lead to increases in serum LDL concentration. If your diet is sound in other facets, eating eggs is going to improve your body composition and overall health.

I was so misinformed . Thanks for info man.

:withstupi...i was always told not to eat more than 5 eggs a day because it would raise your cholesterol too much...turns out i was being lied to haha...

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Quote Originally Posted by Pup
    To finish a thought...the valuable EFAs and high BV of egg protein far outweigh any chances that ingesting egg cholesterol could infact lead to increases in serum LDL concentration. If your diet is sound in other facets, eating eggs is going to improve your body composition and overall health.
    The only other thing that should be noted is that dietary cholesterol can affect your serum cholesterol levels if you are predisposed to high cholesterol. If you are not predisposed to high cholesterol, your dietary cholesterol intake will have little effect on your serum levels. As you mentioned, saturated fat intake as well as lifestyle factors are much more influential in raising cholesterol levels.
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

What do you mean by "predisposed"?

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by drew
    Eat eggs = big legs.

20 a day? If you can do it, more power to you. I don't think I could, and I love eggs. Probably more fat in them than I'd like, but I guess it depends on the rest of your diet.
    No law stating you have to eat all the yolk out of every egg. If anything, I throw 3-4 eggs into my frying pan in the morning and fill the rest of it with egg beater egg whites.

As long as the egg whites are pasteurized, you can even drink em straight out of the carton.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Banned
    Most cholesterol problems stem from hereditary causes. ie. the problem is passed through your family. This isn't the only way one can be predisposed to cholesterol problems, but it's the main one. If your family doesn't have a history of it, then you'd really never know whether or not you're susceptible until it is too late and your tests come back with bad results or worse (that is to say if you're susceptible in a non-hereditary fashion). In general, use common sense. 6 eggs won't really be worse for you than 5 eggs per se, but 20 eggs a day is pretty excessive. It's the same argument you see with canned tuna and mercury levels. Use some discretion, a few whole eggs and whites a day is fairly reasonable, in the same way that a tin or two of tuna a day probably won't lead to health problems. When you're eating 20+ whole eggs or 5+ tins of tuna or whatever a day you might be wise to look into alternatives.
    Last edited by Dirt; 02-06-2005 at 11:45 PM.

MACHINE
    When I'm eating well on my consistent diet(which hasn't been the case lately), I eat 18 boiled eggs per day, 6 whole, 12 whites. That's a great way to get high quality protein for very cheap.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Basically what Dirt said. If you have high cholesterol or if members of your family have high cholesterol, you may want to take preventative measures such as avoiding a large dietary intake of cholesterol and foods that are high in sat. fat.
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

I usually only have 2 yolks a day and as many whites as i want