The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar

I want to add some swimming into my routine...

...so, when would be the best times to go swimming- on lifting days? on cardio days? on off days maybe?
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

cut block extraordinaire
    Cardio

Alright. Just curious, do you do any swimming Andy?
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Something to note about swimming is that it will define your back nicely but it is also known to legnthen out your muscles which is something most bb's don't want.

-Tim

if always heard swimming is the best cardio, atleast i know it kicks my ass, im lucky to do a few laps before i collapse and nearly drown :/

id rather play basketball personally though, atleast that has what ive been doing for my cardio lately
    Height: 6' 1/2" Age: 24

Current Status: The brace is off....
    Weight: 208 lbs.

Back in action...

Quote Originally Posted by TJH
    Something to note about swimming is that it will define your back nicely but it is also known to legnthen out your muscles which is something most bb's don't want.

-Tim
    So, it's to known to actually lengthen your limbs?...or just the muscles? If the limb stays the same length, I don't see how the muscles could lengthen very much longer before running out of room. If swimming really does lengthen muscles, would that give one a greater arm reach (would be useful in boxing)?

But, I don't want my bicep peak to get smaller. Eek.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 03-03-2005 at 06:29 PM.
    Lifting Journal

the scary part is I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not lol

Banned
    lol dude if you wanna be huge don't swim...and do minimal carido even when on the cutting stage...

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    If swimming really does lengthen muscles, would that give one a greater arm reach (would be useful in boxing)?
    Haha. It's not going to make your limbs longer. That would be both hilarious and amazing. I'm pretty sure most boxers do little to no swimming. Short of dislocating your shoulder, I don't know of any ways to length your limbs....

The Reason Boxers Dont Swim Is They Probably Dont Know How

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz981
    lol dude if you wanna be huge don't swim...and do minimal carido even when on the cutting stage...
    Eh? Why would I do minimal cardio? I can always just eat more for the calories lost. And it's not like anyone who does cardio can't be big.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 03-04-2005 at 04:49 PM.
    Lifting Journal

on a thread-jacking-related-subject

I'd imagine swimming would be pretty good for a boxer. In the summers when I pretend I know how to fight on my punching bag I was surpised that the muscles that got the most sore were not my chest or my arms but my lats and most of us regard swimming as generally being a lat exersize as well.

The Big Nasty
    I think swimmings a good way to streetch out after a weights session.

swimming kicks my ass too much, so i dont do it anymore
    "I think you should buy a flatscreen tv and a sorround system, and buy all the Rocky movies and start REALLY focusing on your training, show this woman what she is leaving, SHOW HER! god damn, you gotta reach inside and bring out the Arnold in you!" - Rock

WBB Member
    I do it because it's probably the most low-impact form of cardio there is. I enjoy running more but I only swim now because I don't want to get any back or knee problems.