The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

I got the questions.. just need the answers..

When should i workout between meals. I have my meals set up 5 times a day. I see a lot of people going 6 a day. is that better? I only choose 5 for time restraints. Keep in mind im aiming to Bulk up.

Between which meals should i take my protein ( Whey) supplement.

How much sleep should i get a day?

I am planning on Using The wannabebig workout with the 3 day rotation http://www.wannabebig.com/article.ph...id=25&pageid=3 . I was wanting to add a 4th day to that. What could i do on the fourth day thats not redundant to the other 3 days. Im thinking maybe an aerobic excercise. But wouldnt that be a bad thing to do since im bulkinup with calories just to burn them all on an aerobic excercise like running or boxing?

I went to the Gym today and wrote down a lot of the machines and what muscels they work in scientific terms. (deltoids,erector spinae, ect.) I myself am not really comfortable with lifting with Barbels ( I guess thats what they are, Its the ones that have a bar and u add circular plates to them ). I dont even know what they are called let alone how to use them properly by myself.
    Anyways the machines i will mostly be using will be ones with the pull pin to lock weights in place with a cable. So with the wannabebig workout im doing how would i figure out what muscles those excercises work? When i figure that out i can compare to the list I have made and maybe use those machines. I think this makes since.

Is there any excercise that one can do to trim down facial fat? I have a fat babyface by nature. and im afraid with all this calorie intake its just gonna get fatter while the rest of my body cutts or gets bigger.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Twist; 03-02-2005 at 01:12 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Man anyone here will tell you free weights over machines...I recomend you use free as much as you can and use machines as minimal as possible...But as for food and sleep...5 meals a day is good...but if you are going for some serious bulk go with as much food as you can cram down your throat...and sleep...Uhhhh I get around 5-6 a night and whatever i can get during school...I am still making gains on my minimal sleep...so im not sure the amount you should get..

6, 7 or 8 meals are always good when you're bulking. If you dont' have time.. just eat food that are high in proteins.. like nuts and stuff, beef jerky. if you wake up at 7 am, the best workout time is somwhere from 4 to 7pm. You can take whey before and after workout.
    8 hours is good, 10 is best.
    since you're relatively new, just stay with large compound movements like bench, squat, deadlift, shoulder press, pull/chin up.
    Freeweights require more stabilizers so you may make a slightly better gain.
    And you can't reduce fat on your face, there's no exercise for that, so you have to reduce as a whole. But if you're bulking, then just eat a good clean diet... and just shed the fat later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist
    When should i workout between meals. I have my meals set up 5 times a day. I see a lot of people going 6 a day. is that better? I only choose 5 for time restraints. Keep in mind im aiming to Bulk up.
    Doesn't matter how many times a day you eat as long as you eat enough to gain weight. 3 times a day is fine.

Between which meals should i take my protein ( Whey) supplement.
    I would suggest after lunch and dinner (right before bed).

How much sleep should i get a day?
    8 hours would rock but as much as you can.

I am planning on Using The wannabebig workout with the 3 day rotation http://www.wannabebig.com/article.ph...id=25&pageid=3 . I was wanting to add a 4th day to that. What could i do on the fourth day thats not redundant to the other 3 days. Im thinking maybe an aerobic excercise. But wouldnt that be a bad thing to do since im bulkinup with calories just to burn them all on an aerobic excercise like running or boxing?
    Stick with 3 days until you gain some decent strength and experience. Cardio serves 2 purposes, to burn extra calories and to make your heart healthier, stronger. If you do cardio, and want to bulk as well, you need to make up those calories you burned.

I went to the Gym today and wrote down a lot of the machines and what muscels they work in scientific terms. (deltoids,erector spinae, ect.) I myself am not really comfortable with lifting with Barbels ( I guess thats what they are, Its the ones that have a bar and u add circular plates to them ). I dont even know what they are called let alone how to use them properly by myself.
    Anyways the machines i will mostly be using will be ones with the pull pin to lock weights in place with a cable. So with the wannabebig workout im doing how would i figure out what muscles those excercises work? When i figure that out i can compare to the list I have made and maybe use those machines. I think this makes since.
    It's fine to start off with machines but over time you should start adding some free weight work. I didn't start doing free weights until after about a year of machines. Even then, it wasn't 100% free weights. Currrently, I'm about 90% free weights.

Is there any excercise that one can do to trim down facial fat? I have a fat babyface by nature. and im afraid with all this calorie intake its just gonna get fatter while the rest of my body cutts or gets bigger.
    No way to trim fat from your face, other than some kind of lipo I would guess. If you want to slim down, you need to adjust your diet to do so. Since you want to bulk, you will gain some fat. Not much can be done about this. Either live with it, or don't bulk.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

if you are concerned about what muscles you need to be working and what muscles the weights/machines will be working you can check out this link and it will help you alot: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

As far as the facial fat.. if your bulking its not gonna get any better.. it might get worse.. but think of the long term gain.. when you go to cut you will lose some of that facial fat if you are loseing enough bf.