The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    For The Originals...

Friend looking for some excercises to do for arm (female)..

Alright so I have a friend that is trying to workout of the arms. I told her to do some light bench presses but then I read somewhere that it effects your boob size if you're a girl. So..basically my question is which excercise routines should she do that will tone the arms but not the chest at the same time. She's not looking at any big muscle building or anything like that. It's basically cutting the fat and defining it more i guess.

Thanks in advance

Structureboi86

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would recommend female bench presses, female dips, female close grip bench, female pullups, female rows, and female bicep curls.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

and dumb bell kick backs lol. Also any normal exercise done on a fit ball is a female exercise.

lol MIxmaster

dude, bench pressing is great for girls. It helps support breast tissue (which means they get less sore during periods or from bouncing). Besides, a little hypertrophy in the pecs will make them appear larger and also makes cleavage look better. I've known several women who were very pleased with the effect that pressing movements had on their appearance. Does this girl want her boobs to look smaller or something?

Anything she does that leans her out will make her boobs smaller. It's just the way it goes. A big rack is the consolation prize for being fat, just like abs are the consolation prize for being scrawny.

Cutting the fat means diet. There's no such thing as toning, but women REALLY can't get big easily - TRUST me, I'm trying to gain mass, and it's tough. Put her on a reasonable split and fix her diet.

For The Originals...
    Yea..she kinda pigs out but she's skinny as hell. The reason I mentioned the boob thing was because my chest are bigger than hers..and for her..it's not a compliment. It's already small enough so she was just concerned that it would get smaller if she did bench presses and etc. I guess i'll tell her to go on with the bench presses since you guys are all recommending it. I'll tell her to fix her eating routines..but that'll be a lot more harder haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    A big rack is the consolation prize for being fat
    I feel consoled.
    "The female of the species is more deadly than the male."

My attempts at lifting heavy objects

Current maxes:

Squat 145 kg (320 lbs)
    Bench 67.5 kg (149 lbs)
    DL: 142.5 kg (314 lbs)

...oh, and I'm a girl.

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dissipate
    lol MIxmaster

Its about the naked thing! FireBug's Avatar
    You can tell here that is she starts to diet, she will loose fat. Losing fat = losing boobs.

However, if she benchs, she will still loose the fat, however, there will be muscle under the fat, which will make them appear/feel larger.
    Stats:
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 198lbs
    Current Cycle: Cut

Goals|Current
    ATF Squat: 350lbs|315X2
    DB Bench: 120|105X4
    DL: 450|345x8

Quote Originally Posted by FireBug
    You can tell here that is she starts to diet, she will loose fat. Losing fat = losing boobs.

However, if she benchs, she will still loose the fat, however, there will be muscle under the fat, which will make them appear/feel larger.
    My wife lost 50lbs and not one bit of it came from her boobs(her great big lucious boobs..... ). How you lose fat has a lot to do with individual genetics.

Its about the naked thing! FireBug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMachine
    My wife lost 50lbs and not one bit of it came from her boobs(her great big lucious boobs..... ). How you lose fat has a lot to do with individual genetics.
    How do you know none of it came from her boobs, and not increased muscle underneith? Did you measure (and i mean not just using your hands, as you well know, losing weight is a slow process that you may not have realized that she lost). My fiencee has dropped 3 dress sizes in the past 5 months as well as a cup size. However she started doing chest work and her cup size has returned (ok its in the process of returning).

I agree that how you lose/store fat is determined by genitics. However as the original poster mentioned, hers are not big to begin with therefore, any lose will be a noticable lose.

As I eluded to in my original post, it should balace out (more or less)
    Stats:
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 198lbs
    Current Cycle: Cut

Goals|Current
    ATF Squat: 350lbs|315X2
    DB Bench: 120|105X4
    DL: 450|345x8

She lost the fat before she started weightlifting. She lost all the weight about 4 years ago, started lifting 2 years ago.

38D before she started dieting, 38D after the diet!

Wow, I totally hijacked this thread. Sorry.

That's OK, I think it had gone far enough off track.

And who doesn't want to talk about boobs?
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.