Thread: Any good Plyometric Workouts

Any good Plyometric Workouts

Hey, i ve been having a hard time finding any plyometric workouts on the net, most sites y have to pay to get the infomation, so do u guys know any good workouts that can help with my speed, and power (to break through tackles) i am training to come back to rugby after a yr of break, got hurt so i want to come back to rugby as a better player.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Dude, what search engine you have been using??? You must be pretty lazy.

http://www.netfit.co.uk/plyometrics-web.htm
    http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com...exercises.html
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/cardiow...recardio_2.htm
    http://www.runningplanet.com/article...article_id=753
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/les1.htm
    http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/legplymo.htm

These sites can be found on the first two search results on Google.com.

Fixationdarkness gave probably the best link.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Plyometrics are a more advanced version of training for an increase in explosive power. I say this because most people do way too much or don't do them properly. I'd start with working on throwing in an explosive day in the weightroom using medicine balls and barbells.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

yea try the BFS version and make sure to use mats or something if you do jumping. also remember you put alot of stress on your knees when doing plyos

thanks, i spelled it wrong when i was searching it, haha too much sake that night.

fixationdarknes, thats what i needed, thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by StueyUngar
    fixationdarknes, thats what i needed, thanks man
    No problem.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 03-04-2005 at 04:45 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Ungrateful B@st@rd!!!!
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianHomer
    Ungrateful B@st@rd!!!!
    lol
    Lifting Journal