Thread: dumbbell curls - I feel nothing in my biceps - dont want to look like popeye, help!

Threaded View

dumbbell curls - I feel nothing in my biceps - dont want to look like popeye, help!

OK I know this sounds strange.. I did dumbbell curls yesterday and the whole time I really felt nothing in my biceps, no squeeze or anything. It felt like everything was coming from my forearms. So the next day I woke up and wow were my forearms sore, but just as I expected my biceps felt like they hadn't done a thing. Not even the least bit sore. My biceps feel more sore after doing bench presses.

What's going on here? Also I noitced that the largest part of my forearms is actually bigger than my biceps by .5-1"! I have really tiny biceps.

The way I'm doing it now is seated curls, two DB's in each hand down compeltely parallel to the floor then I bring each one all the way up until 90 degrees seperetely.

What can I do to hit my biceps? I am some sort of freak destined to look like popeye? Thanks

(note: my traps (around neck) are really sore too, I think this is because of the bent over rows I was doing but I thought id add it in anyways)
    Last edited by NormanNormal; 03-05-2005 at 10:26 AM.