Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love....I Think?

Banned

Love....I Think?

Okay, sorry but I'm curious.
    Is it possible to maintain a romantic relationship with someone your not completely in love with, but you do like, until someone better comes along?
    If I were to clairify what I'm trying to say:
    If you were in a dry spell and really wanting to be with someone, and you met
    someone that you like to be with and sleep with but have doubts about whether you'll be with them a year or so down the road, would you be capable of maintaining a relationship with this person until then, without feeling any sort of guilt? In other words....It's a casual relationship for you but it is something more for the other party. How long would you be capable of maintaing a relationship like this before you split?

until she closed her legs.

Banned
    You think too much. **** it & chuck it. You're having casual sex with someone. Go with it. If it becomes a headache and the other person wants more just break things off. If you enter any "relationship" (I'd rather say situation) thinking about the long term outlook of it, you're reading way too far into things far too soon.

Also LMFAO at Jabberwocky's comment.
    Last edited by Dirt; 03-25-2005 at 10:01 PM.

Yeah dude, you don't need to justify putting your piece into a chick with a relationship, do it because it feels good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt
    You think too much. **** it & chuck it. You're having casual sex with someone. Go with it. If it becomes a headache and the other person wants more just break things off. If you enter any "relationship" (I'd rather say situation) thinking about the long term outlook of it, you're reading way too far into things far too soon.

Also LMFAO at Jabberwocky's comment.
    NO I'm not!
    I wont even sleep with my boyfriends.
    Casual sex? Me? No No No.
    I know I ask weird questions, but on WBB Chat I get the truth.
    I'm quiet, would never ask these questions to my friends/boyfriends.
    I do this cuz I really know nothing about boys.
    Trust me, it's not easy saying no.
    It's not like I want to, I just have never found someone trusting and respectful.
    If you want to know why I'm asking, this boy I'm friends with, well
    I think he's starting to like me, I know he is involved in a casual relationship with someone. He doesn't know I know, like I said, I'm quiet.
    I don't go for him because, I wont put out like her, he will probably leave right?
    I do like him though.
    But it's a no go.
    But it seems that everyone gets involved casually.
    I've read some postings that say girls that haven't slept around are cool,
    but I think that's BS. Most guys aren't even willing to wait 3 weeks.

It depends on the guy. I waited for my wife, and I don't regret it.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

ah well if your a girl just don't sleep with dirtbags, and realise all men want to get in your pants friend or not.

Quote Originally Posted by largelegsbuthot
    NO I'm not!
    I wont even sleep with my boyfriends.
    Casual sex? Me? No No No.
    I know I ask weird questions, but on WBB Chat I get the truth.
    I'm quiet, would never ask these questions to my friends/boyfriends.
    I do this cuz I really know nothing about boys.
    Trust me, it's not easy saying no.
    It's not like I want to, I just have never found someone trusting and respectful.
    If you want to know why I'm asking, this boy I'm friends with, well
    I think he's starting to like me, I know he is involved in a casual relationship with someone. He doesn't know I know, like I said, I'm quiet.
    I don't go for him because, I wont put out like her, he will probably leave right?
    I do like him though.
    But it's a no go.
    But it seems that everyone gets involved casually.
    I've read some postings that say girls that haven't slept around are cool,
    but I think that's BS. Most guys aren't even willing to wait 3 weeks.
    It seems you may like this guy more than your letting on. But if you really dont like him and know it's not going to work, but he likes you and want's it to work it is wrong to string him along. Period. Let him know how you feel, 100% honesty in relationships is the only way to go.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    It depends on the guy. I waited for my wife, and I don't regret it.
    You know, maybe it's because I'm young and no one's really thinking about
    settling down at my age, I've had maybe 20 boyfriends, and non of them were honestly willing to wait. Some of them waited while cheating on me, I don't get mad though, because it's not like I fooled around with them and then they cheated.
    But let me state this, it is no fun being good!
    However, I sleep soundly knowing that the cough I got last week is not HIV.

Truedat

Waiting isn't that bad. I was 23..lol

5/3/1 Journal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smalls
    It seems you may like this guy more than your letting on. But if you really dont like him and know it's not going to work, but he likes you and want's it to work it is wrong to string him along. Period. Let him know how you feel, 100% honesty in relationships is the only way to go.
    ??????? What are you talking about?
    Of course I like him, that's why we've been friends for so long.
    I'm not stringing him along, I think he would string me along if we were together, that's why I brush him off when he gets weird.
    I may not know that much about guys, but I know he would not be willing to wait for me, if that were true, he wouldn't try to pursue anything with me while he was casually with another girl. He knows I'm legit.

You know, maybe it's because I'm young and no one's really thinking about
    settling down at my age, I've had maybe 20 boyfriends, and non of them were honestly willing to wait. Some of them waited while cheating on me, I don't get mad though, because it's not like I fooled around with them and then they cheated.
    But let me state this, it is no fun being good!
    However, I sleep soundly knowing that the cough I got last week is not HIV.
    Wow you seem to have run into a lot of douchebags, which all men are not. Stick to your principles and you will be fine.

--Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    30th U.S. President

??????? What are you talking about?
    Of course I like him, that's why we've been friends for so long.
    I'm not stringing him along, I think he would string me along if we were together, that's why I brush him off when he gets weird.
    I may not know that much about guys, but I know he would not be willing to wait for me, if that were true, he wouldn't try to pursue anything with me while he was casually with another girl. He knows I'm legit.
    Possibly i'm confused by your original post. I thought you where talking about yourself being in a casual relationship while waiting for someone else to come along, but I take it you where talking about this other guy?

--Abraham Lincoln

30th U.S. President

Banned
    How long would you be capable of maintaing a relationship like this before you split?
    I know your probabaly thinking ??????
    I just want to know what people who do the "physically attached but not emotionally attached" thing are thinking.
    I know that just becuase someone sleeps around with someone they don't love doesn't nescessarily mean they're not capable of being a good partner,
    but I just don't get it....I would never even think of doing that.
    Last edited by largelegsbuthot; 03-25-2005 at 11:02 PM.

if someone only wants sex thats all they want. Alot of women get involved in relationships that are supposed to exclusively physical in hopes that the men will form an emotional attachment to them. If sex is going to be the premise and the reason for the relationshp to begin with, I don't see it straying from a physical relationship.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    if someone only wants sex thats all they want. Alot of women get involved in relationships that are supposed to exclusively physical in hopes that the men will form an emotional attachment to them. If sex is going to be the premise and the reason for the relationshp to begin with, I don't see it straying from a physical relationship.
    See this is why girls don't stay virgins, TOTAL CONFUSION.
    This man is 7 years older than me. He obviously wants sex.
    We've been friends for five years, he knows that I did not sleep with any of my previous boyfriends. Now he tries to pursue a relationship with me.
    He sleeps with another girl. I know everyone's different, but with 9 out of 10 men taking some part in the casual sex thing, how am I suppose to know who to pursue something with and who not to?
    Last edited by largelegsbuthot; 03-25-2005 at 10:52 PM.

What everyone means is that the guy wants your carnal treasure. He wants to take your virginity. It's somewhat of a conquest for a guy, and you're his prey.

5/3/1 Journal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    What everyone means is that the guy wants your carnal treasure. He wants to take your virginity. It's somewhat of a conquest for a guy, and you're his prey.
    He does not know that I'm a virgin. I don't talk about such things.
    He was my friend, he saw countless man after countless man fight with me and cheat because I refused. That just means I don't rush, it doesn't eqate into me being a virgin. That's the other problem, it's not like I lead these boys on, I tell them I'm in no rush to jump into bed with them, even though we're dating. They still pursue a relationship to me and ask if I'm lying about being a virgin. Then week #3 or 4 rolls around and they realize I'm serious.
    Last edited by largelegsbuthot; 03-25-2005 at 10:58 PM.

Why give up your virginity to a dirt bag? I am not sure of your age, but if this guy is seven years older then you more then likely he is a dirtbag.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Why give up your virginity to a dirt bag? I am not sure of your age, but if this guy is seven years older then you more then likely he is a dirtbag.
    I turned 23 this year, trust me, no one would think I was a virgin, they don't come that old anymore.

Damn. 23 year old western female virgin. I didn't think there was such a thing.

Mad kudos to you for following your principles.

Funny. My feeling is that she's just missing out on a lot of fun.

Hmmm... ignore me. I'm premenopausal and probably ovulating...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Built
    :withstupi

I'd love to help you with your problem, but the way you post makes it near impossible for me to understand wtf you're trying to say. I think I'm in the same boat as smalls (misunderstanding your first post) because I thought you were the one wanting the casual relationship. For what it's worth, most guys will wait a while for sex if it's worth it to them. If they're more than somewhat interested in the girl, they'll hold out. Unless they're religious or have some aversion to sex, they'll want it at some point. If you're unwilling to have sex, you're going to need to find yourself a man with a similar mindset (think Christian). I think it's safe to say that most men are going to want to have sex with you after X number of weeks. The X is a variable where the lower X is, the more likely the guy is in it for sex solely and the higher it is the less likely he is.

Banned
    The funny thing is, I don't even know why anymore.
    It was really tough at 15++++++. Now that I have turned 23, I don't care if I never sleep with anyone. I say no, and away they go. No more hoping someone might surprise me and be different. But this guy, I really liked him and was terribly tempted. But in the long run, we wouldn't be friends anymore. The last thing I want is to be crushed, when I was nothing more to him then "some girl I use to hang out with".
    Last edited by largelegsbuthot; 03-26-2005 at 12:44 AM.

Hmmm... ignore me. I'm premenopausal and probably ovulating...

ps. i was thinking the same.