Thread: Bulking versus Cutting

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Bulking versus Cutting

1. How much is your caloric intake during your bulking and cutting stages? How much do you weigh?

2. What are the major differences in your bulking and cutting routines?

3. I hear some people do not really increase cardio during their cutting phase due to fear of losing too much muscle. In any case, do you increase your cardio during your cutting phase? If so, by how much? If that isn't the case, why not? I mean, isn't cardio the best way to burn fat, granted you keep your heart rate at a high and sustained rate?

1. How much is your caloric intake during your bulking and cutting stages? How much do you weigh?
    I have simply found bulking is not for me. My metabolism is too slow and I tend to put on fat easily. I can maintain 195 (my current weight) at about 2400 cal's. If i were bulking i would probably shoot for 2750 and take it from there. right now I am trying to lose weight and am on 2200.

2. What are the major differences in your bulking and cutting routines?
    They tend not to change from a weights point of view. I guess as you get leaner you might think about cutting the volume based on the fact you might not have the energy to get through workouts based on restricted calories. obviously cardio goes in 2-3 times a week on off days for me.

3. I hear some people do not really increase cardio during their cutting phase due to fear of losing too much muscle. In any case, do you increase your cardio during your cutting phase? If so, by how much? If that isn't the case, why not? I mean, isn't cardio the best way to burn fat, granted you keep your heart rate at a high and sustained rate?
    Diet is THE most important thing. Personally I do my cardio for cardivascular health as much as for cutting, so i like to keep it high in curring phases. however you should be able to manipulate yuor diet and not do too much.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough
    If i were bulking i would probably shoot for 2750 and take it from there.
    I wish I could put on weight that easily. I usually try and get around 23-25 calories per lb when bulking. Right now it's anywhere from 4k-5k. As far as cutting I haven't done a cut yet but one will down the road here.

I'm finding that bulking is tougher than it sounds. Currently it's taking well over 3000 calories, I'd hate to find out how many it will take after I gain 20 or so pounds.