Thread: Question on proper squatting technique...

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar

Question on proper squatting technique...

I just have one question on proper squatting form. When you place your feet on the ground (about shoulder width), do your feet (toes) slightly bend outward? Is it bad to do that? I've tried keeping my feet strictly straight before, but it's pretty uncomfortable for me when I do that.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 03-07-2005 at 08:57 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

As long as your knees are pointing the same direction as your feet you should be fine.
    6'2 206

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Alright, thanks. Just making sure.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Matt04
    sorry not ment to hi-jack the thread or anything, but when squating are you spose to try and stick ur chest out as far as you can?

ive seen the videos but would just like an experianced squater to explain it.

Thanks

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Sticking your chest out very much so helps arch your back, which is very important.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL