The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Always tight. can't loosen up.

I'am always really tight like all day long. I do warm ups and stretch but nothing changes. I have to run about 3 miles or play a couple long basketball games to feel loosened up. I have muscle and joint aches like i'am not 22 years old. More like i'am 50 or so. I've been taking msm for 3 months. glucosamine and now micro lactin and I see a limprovement in flexibility. Micro lactin I feel faster recovery but nothing takes away the tense muscles and joints. I was in a bad car accident years ago. Since then I've never been near the same. Have had neck. shoulder and back pain since. Can that contribute to everything though? I know I haven't healed right as my left shoulder is higher and I can't turn my neck as far right as I can left. Also the message therapist tells me she see's a imbalance that you can tell muscle concentration is better on the right side of my back then the left.

I can't live on pain killers my whole life. I wanna solve this. I'am always aching and always tight. ANy suggestions would be great. Thankyou. I've done everything from therapy, special exercises, supplements but nothing seems to really improve overall.
    Never Giving In.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

try a chiropractor.....get a good one. Sometimes they can be miracle workers.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    get a tiny asian girl to walk on your back...better and hotter than an chiropractor!!
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    Yeah dude...have ur girl friend...if you have one...and get a massage...they help

P.S My Ex is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by waynis
    ANy suggestions would be great. Thankyou. I've done everything from therapy, special exercises, supplements but nothing seems to really improve overall.
    Regarding complementary and alternative medicines: chondroitin, vitamins C and D, ginger extracts, avocado, and soybean derivatives have been suggested as adjunctive treatments in individuals with arthritic types of aches & pains. Stick with the glucosamine you're already taking.

Sleep is adequate? You're not overtraining?
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by shansen008
    try a chiropractor.....get a good one. Sometimes they can be miracle workers.
    I have 2 and I just tried another. I used to go to one all the time but it seemed to make my joints weaker and stuff would come out of place quicker. I'am trying a new approach. Only getting adjustments every 3 weeks or so. Not really feeling much better though.
    Never Giving In.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbrain
    Regarding complementary and alternative medicines: chondroitin, vitamins C and D, ginger extracts, avocado, and soybean derivatives have been suggested as adjunctive treatments in individuals with arthritic types of aches & pains. Stick with the glucosamine you're already taking.

Sleep is adequate? You're not overtraining?
    yeah I think I pretty much got the diet and supplements down. My sleep is fine. Atleast 8 hours a night. I've been victimed to over training a lot. This could be contributing to it a bit. I keep cutting back on such intense training. Lately I been trying to only lift 4 days a week. see if it makes any difference. Thanks.
    Never Giving In.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz981
    Yeah dude...have ur girl friend...if you have one...and get a massage...they help

P.S My Ex is a bitch
    I want to marry a massage therapist or a chiropractor! lol.. I used to talk with a message therapist. Beautiful girl... but she had so many issues at the time so conversation eventually faded. I can still find a way to talk to her again. I know people that still know her. I may just try again and see if things changed and maybe get some message out of it
    Last edited by waynis; 03-10-2005 at 12:09 PM.
    Never Giving In.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    thats my boy
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -