Thread: Body for Life program

Hybrid View

Body for Life program

Anyone used the body for life program? Any thoughts on the matter? I'm looking more at the training then anything else (seeing as I need a change).

For those of you unfamilar with it, it goes likes this: all exercises are done within 42 minutes, with a 12 rep set, 1 min rest, 10 rep set, 1 min rest, 8 rep set, 1 min rest, 6 rep set, no rest (those are done with building intensity) then finally two 12 rep sets hard as you can.

The exercises you do change every four weeks, and you pick two for each muscle group. The program itself is a 12 week thing, so you do 6 different exercises for each part by the end. I'm not exactly sure how you split those two exercises up into the sets above. Anyone?

The split goes:
    Day 1: Upper body (chest, shoulders, back, tris, then bis)
    Day 3: Lower body (quads, hamstrings, calves, abs (suppose that isn't lower body)
    Day 5: Upper body
    Day 8: Lower body
    Day 10: Upper body
    Day 13: Lower body
    So pretty much just one week you work upper body twice, and lower once, then the next week you do the opposite.

Other then that, I think the program is just pretty much cardio (3 days a week), which I need to start doing anyways. So? Any thoughts? Good, bad, ugly?

B.
    LaLa

Body for life is meant to work for the general public. It will work but maybe not as well if you had one designed for you to tailor your needs. Anyways give it a shot and let us know how it works out.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

I think I will give it a shot. I'm still kinda wondering how you split up the two different exercises into that set patern (if anyone knows).. Also, what fits my schedule would be something along the lines of doing upper body and lower body on the weekend and then one day during the week do either upper or lower body (alternate the two, and also the weekend days on which I'm doing upper or lower). Any thoughts on that split?

B.
    LaLa