The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Come In And Burn: Steve's Journal

Ok, this is my first time doing an online journal for weightlifting. I've always recorded my workouts in notebooks, but, I think this will help me put more focus on my diet, and my progress. Any advice is welcome!

May 8th Stats
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 205 lbs
    Bodyfat: 13.8%
    Waist: 36"
    I need to get a measuring tape, so I can get measurements on my arms, ect.

Current Goals
    To drop 20 pound by August 8th, having to sacrifice as little muscle and strength as possible along the way. It seems like any body fat I've got on my body is concentrated around my chest and torso. I don't have a gut, but my stomach's a little flabby. My chest too. I really want to get rid of this because I think it detracts a great deal from my physique. I should have some pictures up here soon, as well as measurements.

CURRENT ROUTINE
    This is actually a new routine I'm starting this week. I'm coming off of the WBB 1 routine, and before that I had done 3 months on the MAX OT routine. I got good results from both, but I'm ready for something a little different. I'm going to be going with a standard push/pull split. Here's what it looks like (including my cardio days).

MONDAYS
    Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
    Flat Bench Press: 3x6
    Incline DB Bench: 2x6
    Crossbench DB Pullovers: 1x6
    Close Grip Bench: 3x6
    Cable Pushdowns: 2x6
    BB Military Press: 3x6
    Side DB Lat Raises: 2x6

TUESDAYS
    35 Minutes of cardio (running/jogging)

WEDNESDAYS
    Legs/Abs/Forearms
    Squats: 3x6
    Leg Press: 2x6
    BB Calf Raises: 3x6
    Reverse BB Curls: 2x6
    DB Side Wrist Curls: 2x6
    Farmer Walks: 3x(however many laps can go)
    Crunches: 3x25
    Cable Crunches: 2x7
    Lying Leg Raises: 2x12

THURSDAYS
    35 Minutes of cardio (running/jogging)

FRIDAYS
    Back/Biceps/Traps
    Chin Ups: 3x8
    Deadlifts: 2x6
    BB Rows: 2x6
    BB Curls: 3x6
    Alternating DB Curls: 2x6
    BB Shrugs: 3x6

SATURDAYS
    35 minutes of cardio (running/jogging)

SUNDAYS
    35 minutes of cardio (running/jogging)
    ----------------------
    That's what I've come up with so far. If anyone has any advice, please feel free to add your input. I think the most difficult part of my goals is going to be just keeping the diet in line. Last summer I dropped from 240 (not sure my bf but i know it was high) to 200 by fall. I had some personal drama that caused me to neglect my diet (women suck), and I probably packed on a good 5 pounds I don't need. Anyways, if anyone has any advice on good healthy foods that are quick to prepare, that'd be awesome.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    DIET
    I'm going to be taking in 2,100 calories a day, at least 200g of protein a day. I'm still putting together what my diet's going to look like, but I'm thinking of something along the lines of this:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, one piece of wheat toast, bowl of oatmeal, pre-workout protein shake

Snack 1 / Meal 2: post-workout shake, can of tuna fish.

Lunch: (still trying to figure out what's some good affordable lunches to fix, I'm really lost on good choices for the diet here, I have a few things in mind, but I want variety)

Snack 2/Meal 4: 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 granola bar, 1 fruit

Dinner: (this will vary, but I have more options in mind for this, really, it's what to bring as a lunch at work that's got me scratching my head).

I might allow myself a snack in the evening after dinner, but it'd be something along the lines of celery, or carrot sticks, maybe cottage cheese, or a can of tuna.
    Last edited by gorecore; 05-08-2005 at 01:51 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    MONDAY
    Yesterday was the first day of my new routine/diet. Felt really good, and here's how things looked.

BB Bench: 6/5/4 @ 250 lbs
    Incline DB Bench: 8/8 @ 60lbs
    Dips (decided to go with dips as opposed to the pullovers): 7
    Close Grip Bench: 6/6 @ 190 lbs
    Cable Pushdowns: 7/6 @ 160 lbs
    BB Military Press: 7/7/6 @ 145 lbs
    DB Side Lateral Raises: 6/6 @ 40lbs

Diet went good, after adding everything up that I had taken in on my Fitday. It looked like this

2,200 calories (went over my calorie intake by about 150). 220g protein, 60g fat (need to try to lower that amount down a little bit), 150g carbs.

All in all, it was a pretty good day. I only got about 6 hours of sleep the night before, because of drama with a chick, but that **** is once and for all settled and gone. Improving myself is what I'm focused on now. Later tonight, I'll be posting my log for Tuesday.

Wannabebig Member
    TUESDAY

Yesterday was a cardio day, went running for 30 minutes, at 8 minutes per mile. Got in a total of 3.5 miles. Was a good run, and it felt good. Still trying to get into a good groove with my diet but I haven't been going over my calorie intake by too much so far. My totals looked like this 2400 calories, 263g protein, 210g carb, 52g fat. Got about 7 and a half hours sleep on Monday.

Wannabebig Member
    WEDNESDAY
    Yesterday was a pretty good day. I'm getting better at managing my cut. I really need to plan stuff out a little bit the night before, but so far I've only gone a couple hundred calories over my intake goal of 2,100. For Wednesday it looks like this 2303 calories 51g fat 225g carb 244g protein

My workout looked like this, it was abs/legs/forearms, the lifts for my legs are pretty light because my left knee is pretty bad. I'm slowly working up to what I used to be able to do. I'm just so happy I can squat again. My meniscus has pretty much healed up:

Leg Press: 6/5 @ 160 lbs
    Squats: 6/6/5 @ 95 lbs
    Calf Raises: 6/6 @ 131lbs
    Reverse BB Curls: 6/6 @ 105 lbs
    DB Side Wrist Curls: 6/6 @ 40lbs
    Farmer Walks: 10/5 @ 40 lbs
    Crunchse: 25/25/10
    Cable Crunches: 6/6 @ 120lbs
    Lying Leg Raises: 10/10