The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    I wannabebig!

recommend wrist wraps

does anyone recommend any particular kind of wrist wraps... was looking at prowriststraps.com anyone have any feedback on them?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

They all seem to be pretty much the same to me, I just get what's cheap, but I know a few people that swear by versa grips,(http://www.versagripps.com/) but I don't now how they would be with serious weights and they are more expensive. The prowriststraps seem cheap (8 for $19? or something like that) and I'm sure they would be as good as anything you'd find in a local store.

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

I wannabebig!
    i dont want "straps" I want wraps

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    i dont want "straps" I want wraps
    INZER ADVANCE DESIGNS!!!! GREAT DURABLE WRAPS WITH SOLID SUPPORT!

The owner of APT is a good guy who makes QUALITY stuff. Buy from him and you will not be disappointed.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hands down, the best wraps I've ever used are from Inzer.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

I use whatever I can find, usually at our local sports store. About $8-10. However, they don't last that long. I'd say try the Inzers, they seem to be the most reliable from what I've read.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

I think any wraps from a powerlifting manufacturer will be roughly the same. For the wrist it's not as big a deal in my opinion, it's not doing much other than stabilization, versus something like knee wraps that will move quite a bit more and build up tension through a squat.

I have inzer, and they are great. Only used em a few times, but they really keep things tight. I'd expect the same were I using something from Titan or Metal as well.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

id reccomend the cheapest u can find, atleast that is what i would buy
    Height: 6' 1/2" Age: 24

Current Status: The brace is off....
    Weight: 208 lbs.

Back in action...

Considering straps of any kind aren't expensive, I wouldn't worry too much about price. A set of Inzer's might cost $10-15 more, but will probably outlast 3 sets of ordinary run of the mill wraps.

Consider that these straps are designed for powerlifters that are 200-300 lbs, lifting anywhere from 300-1000 lbs, and I think they'd meet your needs Steve.
    Last edited by ElPietro; 03-18-2005 at 02:08 PM.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

How exaclty do wrist wraps help ya? I got a badly injured wrist, is it possible they would help me in any way.

WBB Member
    I also recommend the Inzer iron wrist wraps. I hurt my wrist last summer and was unable to do rows, chins, or curls because moving my wrist at certain angles hurt it pretty bad, and it was impossible to avoid moving it at those angles while lifting. However once I used the wraps they kept my wrist from moving at all and I was able to train through the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK
    I also recommend the Inzer iron wrist wraps. I hurt my wrist last summer and was unable to do rows, chins, or curls because moving my wrist at certain angles hurt it pretty bad, and it was impossible to avoid moving it at those angles while lifting. However once I used the wraps they kept my wrist from moving at all and I was able to train through the injury.
    That is exactly my problem, there are certain exercises such as bench press, and pretty much all forearm exercises that I struggle with enormously. Are you saying that by purchasing wrist wraps, I should be able to perform these exercises with out a struggle. My range of motion is my biggest problem, very badly injured wrist...2 surgeries and 1 1/2 yrs of physio and It is still fu****...

Wrist wraps help stabilize your wrists. That's it. I started using them a while back when I started doing squats. I had an issue with my wrists giving out and really hurting afterward. My wrists weren't strong enough to hold the weight up for the period of time I was doing. The wraps really helped and now I can hold up quite a bit of weight w/o worrying about my wrists giving out. I use them all the time now. I think the wraps have helped me quite a bit.
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    Wrist wraps help stabilize your wrists. That's it. I started using them a while back when I started doing squats. I had an issue with my wrists giving out and really hurting afterward. My wrists weren't strong enough to hold the weight up for the period of time I was doing. The wraps really helped and now I can hold up quite a bit of weight w/o worrying about my wrists giving out. I use them all the time now. I think the wraps have helped me quite a bit.
    Any particular brand you would recommend?

Uhm, Inzer I guess. I get my wraps at the local sports store. Everlast is what I'm using right now. They seem ok. I give them another month before the velcro becomes useless.
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

I wannabebig!
    well ordered me the apt wristwraps and a new dipping belt so ill tell you how these hold, even found me a coupon code for 20% off