The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Need advice - bad experience with a nutrition company

I need your advice guys.

I made an order on the 6th March from an online nutrition company. The main reason I used them was because they had Vasopro Ephedrine in stock. When I made the order I was sent a confirmation by email on the 7th (the 6th was a Sunday) stating that the items would ship in 4-7 days. My credit card was also charged the full order amount that day. I was slightly disappointed by that since everything I ordered was apparently in stock, and they hadn't told me otherwise. But no big deal, I waited for the shipping confirmation.

When no confirmation had been sent 8 days later, I emailed them to enquire what was going on. They said sorry for the delay and that my order status had changed to "Will ship within 24 hours". The status remained like this for a further 48 hours, and when I emailed them again stating that I would not be ordering from them again, they replied simply stating that my order had already been shipped by DHL. My order status page however did not change, and when I emailed them asking for a tracking number they did not reply.

Well yesterday the package finally arrived, containing no Vasopro...only the other items which I had ordered (a jar of caffeine pills and some Optimum Nutrition whey).

Now I was angry. Now this is speculation, but I'm pretty sure these guys knew perfectly well all along that they had no Vasopro in stock, but were prepared to keep this fact from me and ship the order minus the Vasopro when they couldn't get any in stock....and don't forget they charged for the full amount of the order at the start!

I sent them an email last night saying that this was unacceptable and I would be disputing the whole transaction with my credit card company. They sent me this email back:

"We will reship the 2 Vasopro. If you have filed a chargeback for the entire order we will be filing fraud and felony charges against you, since we have proof you have received the order. That is unacceptable, you will also be charged a $35 chargeback fee and all fees incurred to sue you in court. What is your decision?"

What are my options here? I don't give a crap about the Vasopro any more because 1Fast400 has since got it in stock and I already ordered and received some from them. I don't want this company to get away with screwing their customers like this. I'm sure I'm not commiting fraud or any felony because I am freely admitting that they shipped some of the items, just not all of them, not on time, and dishonestly never informed me that they had none in stock.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

LOL, I'm pretty sure they're not going to take you to court over the cost of some caffeine and whey. What is that, like $30?

Tell them to ship the vasopro. If you don't get it, and you haven't opened your whey and caffeine, then send it back (with delivery confirmation) and THEN file the chargeback if you want. It seems like a lot of trouble though. Sometimes mistakes happen, and sometimes they are not rectified as quickly as we would like. If I were you, I'd just let it slide (if you ever get the vasopro), and never order from those folks again, and warn all my friends about them as well.

Is there a reason you have not revealed their name? I don't think you can get in trouble for truthfully dicussing a bad experience you had with a retailer.

My only reason for not naming them was to encourage objective responses. I'm sure some people here might have had their own good/bad experiences ordering from them and I want objective opinions on my particular case. I'll name them later since I wouldn't want anyone here going through the same hassles.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by aidano
    "We will reship the 2 Vasopro. If you have filed a chargeback for the entire order we will be filing fraud and felony charges against you, since we have proof you have received the order. That is unacceptable, you will also be charged a $35 chargeback fee and all fees incurred to sue you in court. What is your decision?"

Tell them to go ahead and file, and you'll countersue for fraud (Never heard of anyone suing on a "felony".

Then ask them if the cost of reshipping the Vaspro or refunding your money is greater than paying legal fees.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Let them ship you the Vasopro.

Forget about the chargeback.

Call the BBB and inform them you think they've got a scam going.

Let us know what company this is so we can avoid them in the future.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    what did your credit card company say ?

VISA went to bat for me hardcore when I didn't get credit for some electornic parts I ordered and sent back

I even kept 25% of the order and still got a full credit..the company that got charged back didn't ever contact me...even after I got the credit

also...they may be guilty of a crime for threatening you

contact the CC company...they don't play around...especially with online stuff because they don't want the public to be afraid to whip out that plastic

make sure you have all of your records of the tranaction. especially conformation numbers, any emails about your order. all documentation sounds like it would support you, you may have to fax that to the CC company, who with that kind of proof will go to bat for you big time.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Thanks for the advice guys. The site is www.WorldClassNutrition.com . They are a yahoo store and after checking their feedback it seems like they've done this sort of thing to many of their customers.

I have a strong suspicion that with all customer orders, if an item is out of stock, that they charge the full amount anyway and don't inform the customer that the item is out of stock.
    Last edited by aidano; 03-17-2005 at 12:03 PM.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    Let them ship you the Vasopro.

Forget about the chargeback.

Call the BBB and inform them you think they've got a scam going.

Let us know what company this is so we can avoid them in the future.
    In order for the Better Business Bureau to do anything this company has to participate in the BBB program.

Vitamin Shoppe Online sent me my orders and if something was backordered there was a slip in the box saying so. WCN just does not have their crap together.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.