The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    Shotgun wise the Mossberg 500 is a really good choice http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976281188.htm

I enjoy mine.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Shotgun for home defense, definitely. Saw off the barrel and the stock if you want something more convenient to carry (just don't take it outside the house).
    Not recommended, not only will the accuracy drop ritgh off, but the legal problems would be huge.

I haven't personally tried these out before but I have heard of bullets you can buy that are meant to be used for protection inside a house. They are made to fragment apart and not blow through walls. Also their are non lethal rounds (sand bags, rubber balls, etc) for shotguns that are a option for stopping power without the blood. ( but perhaps just a few broken ribs)

I have heard that Witness makes a 45 cal double stack pistol that is very affordable and very reliable, not sure of the model though.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Originally Posted by HahnB
    Shotgun wise the Mossberg 500 is a really good choice http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976281188.htm
    My brother is a gun smith and he wouldn't recommend a Mossberg. Mossberg is a ok gun for someone that is using his shot gun every now and then, or for protection, but not for reliablity all the time.

Remington 870 is a fine gun, I use it to hunt and target shoot.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

I bet if you popped someone with a sandbag round in the face, it could be deadly. That'd be a helluva way to die, though.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

Wannabebig New Member
    Genacide , I agree and disagree with you . Remington 870 is an awesome shotgun . It was used in combat also .

As far as the mossberg is concerned . I live in Mich also and anyone knows we get opening day hunting seasons off for school and work so we know our hunting . I bet the mossberg is probably the most hunted and shot shotgun in the country . Just about every hick owns and hunts with one . I personally have killed probably two hundred pheasants , at least 40 to 50 grouse , numerous woodcock and who knows how many deer with my cheap old reliable mossberg .

For personal protection you can carry . I carry a 9mm glock . I like the way a glock shoots over any other handgun . I dont like glocks for , no safety ( as in click on/off ), no double action or hammer to pull back . On a glock when you chamber a round it's ready to go except for the trigger safety .

My older bro and I shoot pistol defense courses and for that it's unbeatable . High capacity mags for a glock are readily available .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

non-lethal rounds?? please. if someone comes into my house with intention to harm me i want them to die. hell, im the type who would shoot someone as they carry a TV out of my house,

*me* "bbuuttt... officer it was dark and i cccouuldnt see... thats why i emptied my magazine... i had to be sure i hit him to protect myself"

*officer*: "this man wasnt even near your house, its the friggan newspaper man for gods sake. you shot him in your driveway sir!"

*me*: *BANG*

Yeah, nothing like getting a prison term for manslaughter to show people you don't take ****.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

I got a child and one on the way. What do you guys suggest as a way to be able to get to the gun quickly, but have it safely away from my kids once they get to an older age. Granted they will learn gun safety when they are old enough. My pops has his pistol locked in a metal box next to his bed stand. I was wondering if there was anything quicker to get to, that is locked but doesn't need thinking to open. This may sound stupid but like a thumb print access thing. I am concerned about keys getting into my kids hands, losing them and a combination lock probably no good.

I'd set myself up with the mossberg pump, or a 12 gauge sawed off, But i prefer my Rambo Blade serrated knife.

Big Dan

American Hunter, NRA mag, has a page every month where having a gun saved them Granted its backed by a gun org, the stories are still true.

I second mosberg. Yes its a cheap gun, but I've never had a probelm.
    As far as Remington 870, there are gamemaster and express models. The express is probably about the same as a mosberg.

Wannabebig Member
    I SERIOUSLY advise against carrying a gun concealed without the proper permit. If you get pulled over for speeding, and they find you have a gun hidden, you are in some deep f'n trouble.

Who's advising that?
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Of the driver ilk
    Remington 870 is good, my brother carried one on his deployment I believe, and it lasted a year of rough treatment, never failed him.
    "42"

I don't have a problem with the mossberg, I used a Mossberg in a rabbit hunt that won we my Remington 870. Funny huh.. anyway. But I did have some problems with the gun and have never had a bit of trouble with my Remington.
    And it comes in so many great configs

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...l%3Den%26lr%3D

Billthebutcher: Biometrics would be the way to go. The gun when picked up scans your hand and recognizes that it is you and only you can shoot it. (If you have ever seen the Judge Dread Movie, it like the guns the cops use)
    Only thing is that the technology is years away from being reliable.

One idea is a hidden place. Now I don't mean under a pillow, any other crappy bad hiding place but somewhere unique. The place I work (furniture builder) made a fireplace mantel that had a secret panel that opened and valuables could be stored in it.

Brawl: What area in MI do you live in? Clinton here, the easiest county to get a carry permit.
    Last edited by Genacide; 03-18-2005 at 07:57 PM.

...and for real home defense, or a small country...

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/.../wep-phal.html

...for a mere 5.6 Million EACH

probably need a special license as well ( dang restrictive government )

i love guns, i think everyone should have one....or two.........or three.
    i don't carry, however. there is a lot more to it than just having a gun on you if something goes wrong. i do have guns readily available if someone was to break into my apartment at night. i also think that the only sound that an intruder into my home will hear will be a very VERY loud BOOM, not the racking of a slide........but that's just me. get a gun, get familiar with its controls, and take some classes to learn how to be better with it, and also to learn the responsibilities of carrying concealed. then make the decision of carrying or not.
    if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

This is assuming you wake up... Guns are overrated get a VERY large dog.
    6'2 206

Dogs carry responsibilities too.

Quote Originally Posted by BCC

I enjoy mine.
    I'm either going to get a moss or a remington-possibly a cheaper model benelli. If price wasn't an issue I'd go with a M4 benelli hands down
    http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/m4.tpl
    Last edited by HahnB; 03-18-2005 at 11:34 PM.

Just train your dog to do his buisness on your neighbours lawn. If you really want a good gun for home defense I'd recomend either an automatic SPAS 12 shotgun or a mac 10.
    6'2 206

I have a small, quick release safe in my bedroom, so
    no one can get my gun but me, and I can get it
    in about 2 seconds. The safe has a touch combination
    in the shape of a hand. You place your hand over the
    buttons, tap in a quick combo, and the door pops open.
    It actually takes about 2 seconds.

There are ads in various magazines, plus any good
    firearm store will have at least one model.

Quote Originally Posted by rdkraus
    I have a small, quick release safe in my bedroom, so
    no one can get my gun but me, and I can get it
    in about 2 seconds. The safe has a touch combination
    in the shape of a hand. You place your hand over the
    buttons, tap in a quick combo, and the door pops open.
    It actually takes about 2 seconds.

There are ads in various magazines, plus any good
    firearm store will have at least one model.
    Sweet thank you. I am going over to a shooting range today. Talked to a guy over there and he is going to let me shoot a few different types of guns. I'm pumped. As for the dogs as a good deterent, I've got two 100 pound plus licking bandits, that like to sleep, eat, **** and bark at the UPS man. Problem is I think they are heavy sleepers than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher
    Sweet thank you. I am going over to a shooting range today. Talked to a guy over there and he is going to let me shoot a few different types of guns. I'm pumped. As for the dogs as a good deterent, I've got two 100 pound plus licking bandits, that like to sleep, eat, **** and bark at the UPS man. Problem is I think they are heavy sleepers than I am.
    Excellent, because you want a weapon that has stopping
    power AND is comfortable for you to use.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerManDL
    Who's advising that?
    Paul kinda did, in a roundabout way.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares
    Just train your dog to do his buisness on your neighbours lawn. If you really want a good gun for home defense I'd recomend either an automatic SPAS 12 shotgun or a mac 10.
    These guns are great for home defense....

In counter-strike.

Not that they wouldn't work IRL, but you'd really like something a bit more reliable and less fancy, especially for the shotgun. A simple pump would suffice (and yes, I know the SPAS can be operated as a pump).
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!