Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight of muscle versus fat.

Hybrid View

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar

Weight of muscle versus fat.

Big e-argument between a couple of friends. Which weighs more?
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

If we have 1 bucket of fat and 1 bucket of muscle, which would weigh more?

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

True. However, 1 cubic inch of muscle will weigh more than a cubic inch of fat. I think that's where the confusion comes from.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Yeah I know
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 03-19-2005 at 01:26 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Muscle is more dense than fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Yeah I know. Zearoth and Nito believe otherwise
    Heh...well a pound of muscle and fat weight the same: 1 pound. Because of density, the pound of fat will look larger.

Tell them to think of it as styrofoam versus gold. To match a 1 pound bar of gold, it would take a whole lotta styrofoam because it's not a dense material.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex

Tell them to think of it as styrofoam versus gold. To match a 1 pound bar of gold, it would take a whole lotta styrofoam because it's not a dense material.
    Mitchell is lying, he thought otherwise, me and Zearoth were the ones who believed that Muscle weighed more then fat. We argued with mitchell for atleast an hour, giving him reasons why muscle weighs more then fat, but he did not believe us. Don't let him fool you, he just doesn't want to look dumb on the intrenet, as he feels he will loose the respect that he tries so hard to get.
    Last edited by Nito; 03-19-2005 at 01:14 PM.
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Quote Originally Posted by Nito
    Mitchell is lying, he thought otherwise, me and Zearoth were the ones who believed that Muscle weighed more then fat. We argued with mitchell for atleast an hour, giving him reasons why muscle weighs more then fat, but he did not believe us. Don't let him fool you, he just doesn't want to look dumb on the intrenet, as he feels he will loose the respect that he tries so hard to get.
    What a ****in' lie. Basically what happened was, I said 1 bucket of fat would weigh less than 1 bucket of muscle. Nito and Zearoth say, "No! Since muscle is made of basically protein, and protein weighs less than fat, then muscle must weigh less than fat!". I told them they were idiots, and we'd ask WBB. If I was right they had to say "CC owns me", and if they were right I had to say "Zearoth and Nito own me". But like usual, Nito goes back on his word and tries turning this around by lieing in order to keep his e-respect.

And Nito is the one who tries to get e-respect. Hence why he posts "great work! " in random people's journals, while I act annoying and stupid while being blocked on AIM.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 03-19-2005 at 01:33 PM.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    What a ****in' lie. Basically what happened was, I said 1 bucket of fat would weigh less than 1 bucket of muscle. Nito and Zearoth say, "No! Since muscle is made of basically protein, and protein weighs less than fat, then muscle must weigh less than fat!". I told them they were idiots, and we'd ask WBB. If I was right they had to say "CC owns me", and if they were right I had to say "Zearoth and Nito own me". But like usual, Nito goes back on his word and tries turning this around by lieing in order to keep his e-respect.

And Nito is the one who tries to get e-respect. Hence why he posts "great work! " in random people's journals, while I act annoying and stupid while being blocked on AIM.

LOL, next time I'll bring a voice recorder so you can't change the story . Nice post, the only thing I can say is your a chronic liar!
    Last edited by Nito; 03-19-2005 at 01:37 PM.
    "Geneing Leans Green"

some hard e-punches being thrown

Banned
    Lol this is some funny stuff...

I've always heard of a 3:1 ratio.

you funny kids lol
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Not even going to comment anymore. We both know the truth anyways.

I think a lot of people in this thread need to repeat 7th grade.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    I think a lot of people in this thread need to repeat 7th grade.
    And why is that?
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Because the maturity level is somewhat congruent to that of my testes.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

WTF Ever! My father is stronger than all your fathers.
    Eat Tuna!
    "Ya don't touch my tuna, I don't kill you."- by Tuna Master
    "Part of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up." - by who knows. ME? Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankster

I do not feel that this is realated to the topic in any way.
    Last edited by Nito; 03-19-2005 at 01:51 PM.
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Quote Originally Posted by Nito
    I do not feel that this is realated to the topic in any way.
    About as related as this childish argument is!
    Here we go again!

"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19

Quote Originally Posted by Frankster
    Sadly, I can clearly remember to this very day having an intense argument with a friend at a sitter's house (as a 4th grader) over who would win in a fight: Superman or He-Man.

I insisted it was Superman. Then, the sitter's son (who was probably 16 or so) shouts out, "Neither one of them can lift a dime!!!".

Silly f*cker.

He was served justice, when about a month later, he went out in his backyard to save his dog, only to be bitten 3 times in the throat by a neighbor's wolf-dog.

Clearly, this was Karma telling him that Superman can destroy He-Man.

The owner of the (destroyed) wolf-dog had a son 1 year older than I, who I thought was nuts because he went sledding off of his roof into a pile of snow, and broke his arm. Clearly, the snow was having none of it.

Probably 4 years later I became friends with this kid. We blew up "King Dons" cupcakes out in the street with firecrackers.

Clearly this proved that I can destroy cupcakes with firecrackers. The cupcakes would have no revenge.
    Last edited by Majestic; 03-19-2005 at 02:35 PM.

oh it very much is.
    Eat Tuna!
    "Ya don't touch my tuna, I don't kill you."- by Tuna Master
    "Part of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up." - by who knows. ME? Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -