Thread: Today I made a horrible mistake...

Today I made a horrible mistake...

I was so hungry this afternoon and I had this boiled egg in my backpack, but I had forgot how old it was. Well I ate it, but later realized it was in there since Monday (2.5 days). Am I going to get pretty sick?

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    I *think* you would know by now...

good luck

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCtrk
    I was so hungry this afternoon and I had this boiled egg in my backpack, but I had forgot how old it was. Well I ate it, but later realized it was in there since Monday (2.5 days). Am I going to get pretty sick?
    Possibly, but you probably won't be able to tell until sometime tomorrow.

I doubt it.

I've eaten cottage cheese that was over a week past it's due date, and I was perfectly fine. I don't suggest doing such things, but I won't fret about it.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by Manveet
    I doubt it.

I've eaten cottage cheese that was over a week past it's due date, and I was perfectly fine. I don't suggest doing such things, but I won't fret about it.
    This has nothing to do with Due dates, and due dates on dairy is pretty worthless. There is absolutely nothing wrong with milk, yogurt, etc that is 10 days past its "Expiration date"

My situation is about an egg that was not refriderated for about 3 days meaning there is probably tons of bacteria on it...and I ate it. What a fool

You should've made yourself puke it up.

Best of luck.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    You should've made yourself puke it up.

I'm in love with the quote in your sig.

Rock is a series of the greatest quotes of our time.

lol
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

Dude, you're gonna make yourself sick just by stressing about it so much.

I'd say you'd know by now if you were in trouble.
    Last edited by Miss Rezza; 03-17-2005 at 05:03 AM.
    'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Surley you would have realized how "BAD" it was after you put the thing in your mouth....no?
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.
    George Herman "Babe" Ruth
    "You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures."
    Charles C. Noble
    "Aim for the top. There is plenty of room there. There are so few at the top it is almost lonely there."
    Samuel Insull
    There is no shame in going down. The only shame is if you don't get back up.
    Muhammad Ali
    Remember, all we have is what we do in this life... if you're doing nothing, then you're just waiting to die.
    Machine

exactly. you wouldn't have been able to eat it if it were "bad"

boiled eggs don't exactly smell or taste great.

If the egg was boiled and the shell intact, the contents should be sterile.
    That's a picture of Scarlett Johansson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Rock is a series of the greatest quotes of our time.
    This comment is indeed accurate.

Wannabebig Member
    Boiled eggs don't smell the greatest when they're fresh but a rotten egg has got to smell pretty bad. If the shell looked fine and you didn't vomit within 5 minutes of ingesting it, I wouldn't worry.
    "It's all about the diet. If you eat like crap, expect to look that way."

well guys turned out I was okay.

But, I think I got lucky. You see, I had the eggs in a sealed plastic bag. When I took the bag out of my backpack, the bag looked like it had been sealed by a vacuum. If you ever see a can with a dent in it, don't eat it's contents (botulism). The bacteria use up all the oxygen. Looking back, I think this is why my bag was like this. Well I've learned my lesson, and I wont do that agin

i had bad shrimp few months ago. un thawed it (pre cooked) and ate about 100 peices of it. the next morning omfg i was barfing like 100times a hr and after the first 10times nothing was comming out, so i drank coke and water to get something in there So i coul djust throw it up (felt better than not having nothing coming up) At night I was convinced that if i didnt breath real fast I was gonna die. 2 days later i was better, and had more shrimp . musta been a bad bag!
    6' 2" 22years old
    05' 232lbs, 06' summer 200lbs, Currently 226lbs
    FB 345x1 Seated MP 225x5

well guys turned out I was okay.

But, I think I got lucky. You see, I had the eggs in a sealed plastic bag. When I took the bag out of my backpack, the bag looked like it had been sealed by a vacuum. If you ever see a can with a dent in it, don't eat it's contents (botulism). The bacteria use up all the oxygen. Looking back, I think this is why my bag was like this. Well I've learned my lesson, and I wont do that agin
    wtf! You can't go through life worrying about every little can having a dent in it.

What about the dumbasses that just drop cans and cause dents?

If everyone though this there'd be a landfill full of canned goods and nobody would be starving in africa or wherever else they're starving.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJake
    wtf! You can't go through life worrying about every little can having a dent in it.

What about the dumbasses that just drop cans and cause dents?

If everyone though this there'd be a landfill full of canned goods and nobody would be starving in africa or wherever else they're starving.
    Like I said, if you see a can with a dent in it, don't buy it. It could be infected with clostridium botulinum. Nothing to mess around with.

whats wrong with dents in cans? thats as good to me as a un dented one. plus at some stores they are like 50% off!
    Last edited by JamesBOMB; 03-19-2005 at 10:53 PM.
    6' 2" 22years old
    05' 232lbs, 06' summer 200lbs, Currently 226lbs
    FB 345x1 Seated MP 225x5

christ, I'm not saying every dented can is bad. But, it's just something to know about.

christ, I'm not saying every dented can is bad. But, it's just something to know about.
    but you ARE saying not to buy any dented cans......

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBOMB
    thats as good to me as a un dented one. plus at some stores they are like 50% off!
    :withstupi

oh.. and don't argue with me bitch. I'll own you like dougie howser! ....uh... or something like that
    Last edited by JSully; 03-19-2005 at 11:08 PM.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t