Thread: how to gain a few pounds?

Wannabebig New Member

how to gain a few pounds?

I a trying to gain like 10 pounds.. but I have a very fast metabolism and can eat watever I want and not gain anything..
    I am 5-8 140lbs , 27 years old..
    I don't body build or care to. I do work out every second day though.

I've taken a 2,000 calory shake daily for like 2 weeks and it did nothing.
    Is there anything special I should eat to gain the weight and keep it there?
    Or could I gain 10 pounds of muscle from just working out differently?

Eating is the only way, some guys on here have fast metabolism and eat 6000+ calories a day.

Best bet is to go to fitday.com and track your food intake for a few days to get an idea of how much you are actually taking in then add clean calories to that. 9 times out of 10 people aren't eating as much as they think when they have trouble gaining weight, so find out exactly how much you are eating.

eat more...
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Banned
    Eat!!!!! EATTT!!!!!EAAAATTT you skinny noodle

Quote Originally Posted by corsair
    In the world of bodybuilding nothing happens in 2 weeks.

I wannabebig!
    you mean i wont get hyooge in 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    you mean i wont get hyooge in 2 weeks?
    i thought i'd get hyooge in 2 hrs
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Eat.And if it does not work eat more. There is NO other alternative.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

I a trying to gain like 10 pounds.. but I have a very fast metabolism and can eat watever I want and not gain anything..

1. You aren't eating enough.
    2. You aren't eating enough.
    3. You aren't eating enough.
    4. You aren't eating enough.
    5. You aren't eating enough.
    6. You aren't eating enough.
    7. You aren't eating enough.
    8. You aren't eating enough.
    9. You aren't eating enough.

and......

10. You aren't eating enough.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    How's your workout plan? That might be a factor too. And how much rest do you usually get? Eating is just one factor that has to be considered.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeAnabolic
    Eating is just one factor that has to be considered.
    And to gain weight, it is pretty much the only factor to be considered. I don't think rest has a whole lot to do with gaining weight, although it is necessary for muscle growth. Also, working out might make you stronger, but it won't make you gain weight.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

daily plan: eat, workout, eat, sleep.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And to gain weight, it is pretty much the only factor to be considered. I don't think rest has a whole lot to do with gaining weight, although it is necessary for muscle growth. Also, working out might make you stronger, but it won't make you gain weight.
    well working out and then letting your muscles heal will create more muscle mass therefore adding weight, so it does help to gain weight.....but none of this is possible unless you EAT, so EAT EVERYTHING, unless your on a clean bulk then EAT ALMOST EVERYTHING until you meet daily calories
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

I bascially suffer from the same problems as you. You bascially have to eat 6 meals a day.. spread throughout the day.
    Make sure you eat fats.. Full milk etc.
    But what I discovered is that if I just try to gain weight by eating and not working out.. the weight doesn't last very long..

I was 130 pounds at 5'10, last November
    Now I'm roughly 145 pounds. And I look amazingly different, was well worth the working out.

I heard those weight gainers don't work, thats why I never bothered with them.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Food > Weight gainer
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Last week I gained 8 pounds from just drinking a lot of water who knows why but then this week I somehow lost the weight. SO jus eat a lot and drink a whole lot of water, thats what works for me
    Weight-208
    Bench-205
    Squat-405

I think hes interested in LBM. Anyhoo just eat till you puke then eat more to make up for it.
    6'2 206

you should probably get rid of your 2,000 calorie shake and just go to fit day. A 140 pound person really probably should not be eating 2000 calories in one sitting. Set fitday as your homepage (you know, the first thing that comes up on your browser). This way you'll remember to update it everytime you go to do something on your computer (since it's a new concept this helps a lot and really it makes more sense then msn.com or hotmail or something you'll actually remember to go to). Keep track of how much food you eat and if it doesn't cause you to gain weight then add more calories. Try and keep your food ratio on target. Eat protien in every sitting (eat a little of everything actually, remember if you neglect the carbs then that protien isn't being used for muscle). But yeah, it doesn't matter what your metabolism is. If you eat you gain weight, simple as that... A lot of new guys have a hard time grasping that concept so let me try it another way (not saying you're one of those people though). If you eat less you'll lose weight right? So whats the most logical solution to your problem? Eat more!

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes

You have to consider MY quote in the context which it was made. Of course overeating will result in weight gains, but without a workout or a proper workout it will just add fat not muscle, which was not what the OP wanted (or he would not have come to a bodybuilding website). You need the workout in order to stimulate the muscle to grow. To gain muscle and not fat which (apparently, given the site he came to for advice) was the intent of the OP workouts are an important factor as is rest. Without proper rest, you can workout and eat all you want, but your muscles will simply become overtrained, thus resulting in loss of muscle.

To gain weight (muscle not fat) workouts and rest are important factors that need to be considered just as much as diet, because they are factors (among others) in determining how that weight is stored (muscle or fat).