The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Breakfeast for Bulking

What are some good meals for breakfeast. Im currently at 175 and want to bulk up to 185. I used to miss breakfeast a lot, but i realized i must start havin a good meal in the mornings. Any suggestions as to what arte some good breakfeast meals? thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Eggs. I do 5 egg whites, with one yolk, and a pat of butter.

You'll probably want more than this ('cause you're bigger, bulking, and a guy), with perhaps oatmeal.

Wannabebig Member
    I alm also 175 lbs and bulking up. For breakfast, on a non-training day I'll have 1 cup egg whites, 1 whole egg, 3 strips turkey bacon, banana or apple, 1/2 cup Fibre 1 cereal.

On a training day I'll have 1/2 cup oatmeal with some berries and 1/2 scoop of protein powder blended in, banana and the Fibre 1 cereal. If you didn't want cereal, you could have ww toast or increase the oatmeal. And usually I make an omelet with the egg whites and turkey bacon- jsut add some onion, green pepper and cheese- yummy.

Oatmeal, hashbrowns, eggs.

Oatmeal mixed with PB and chopped fruit, bunch of egg whites

I wannabebig!
    big bowl of peanut butter crunch and tons of milk

4 large eggs
    4 pieces of organic nut and grain bread
    1 cup milk
    1 scoop whey
    1 bananna

Usually have something like this almost every morning if I'm bulking.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

I'd say a whole cup of oatmeal (dry measure, then cooked...this is about 2 servings) - high fiber, complex carbs...really primes your body for a full day of activity.

I'm a fan of egg whites for breakfast, but I read a lot of recommendations to drink whey protein in the a.m. since the muscles have been starved all night. I say, go with whatever you can do consistently. that may mean 3 hardboiled eggs, AND a 20g whey protein shake.
    I'd also add in a banana, if you're not too full after a whole cup of oatmeal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malkore
    I'm a fan of egg whites for breakfast, but I read a lot of recommendations to drink whey protein in the a.m. since the muscles have been starved all night.
    To my knowledge, whey is NOT what you want in the morning. Due to the state your body is in there is supposedly a much greater chance of it turning into carbs via whatever the process is called (gluconogenesis?). You want whole food in the morning.

Whole eggs + oats is a solid breakfast.

Vido- If you are consuming plenty of carbs, why would gluconeogenesis occur? I assumed the body only did this in desperate times(i.e ketosis).

I would have 1 cup of oatmeal, a banana, and some whey.

Every morning i have 3/4 cup egg white w/ 1 whole egg + 1/2 cup oats w/ 1/4 cup oat bran ... plus tons of veggies for my omelet. And lots of coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule
    Vido- If you are consuming plenty of carbs, why would gluconeogenesis occur? I assumed the body only did this in desperate times(i.e ketosis).

I would have 1 cup of oatmeal, a banana, and some whey.
    I believe the same thing.

If you're eating plenty of whole food with the whey, I don't see a problem.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercule
    As you can see from that original post of mine, I'm not saying I'm 100% certain on this...I merely remember reading it somewhere. If it WAS to occur though, first thing in the morning would be the most likely time, given that you are quite depleted and in a catabolic state at this time.

It should also be noted that whoever it was making this claim said to not have a straight whey shake in the morning. Mixing it with other things as you are suggesting would mitigate the problem.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manveet
    If you're eating plenty of whole food with the whey, I don't see a problem.
    I guess I didn't make that clear in my first post...I added it in the second.

Whey, tuna, oatmeal, 4 egg whites 1 yolk, 2 slices whole wheat toast, 1 bowl genmai, and if time permits 1 natty PB sandwich with chopped banana.
    But remember these are only suggestions..different strokes for different folks
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.
    George Herman "Babe" Ruth
    "You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures."
    Charles C. Noble
    "Aim for the top. There is plenty of room there. There are so few at the top it is almost lonely there."
    Samuel Insull
    There is no shame in going down. The only shame is if you don't get back up.
    Muhammad Ali
    Remember, all we have is what we do in this life... if you're doing nothing, then you're just waiting to die.
    Machine

5 whole eggs,bowel of oatmeal,turkey bacon,piece of fruit
    Height:6'
    Weight:280lbs off season, 240lbs on season
    max bench 540,deadlift 650,squat 600
    obstacles are things you see when you take your eye off your goal

roast beef and taters
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

MrWebb78
    roast beef and taters
    Do you prepare that the night before then?
    Last edited by Vitalize; 03-22-2005 at 06:20 AM.
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.
    George Herman "Babe" Ruth
    "You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures."
    Charles C. Noble
    "Aim for the top. There is plenty of room there. There are so few at the top it is almost lonely there."
    Samuel Insull
    There is no shame in going down. The only shame is if you don't get back up.
    Muhammad Ali
    Remember, all we have is what we do in this life... if you're doing nothing, then you're just waiting to die.
    Machine