Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quitting Smoking

Originally posted by PowerManDL

You? Bitchy? Certainly not!!
    Yes Matt, believe it or not...under my calm and polite guise I am secretly hateful and bitter.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    ...don't forget "angry"

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Wannabebig New Member
    Chantix is one of those drugs which can be used to get over smoking habit. It works on body by giving you the same feel good effect like smoking and hence reduces the craving for nicotine. This medicine should only be used in accordance with the instructions of a physician as there are various side effects which may vary from person to person and it includes change of taste, sleeplessness and many more. I have smoked for more than 10 yrs, but now I am spending a smoke free life from last 2 months. Thanks to chantix. Along with having this medicine, you should also have will power and feeling that you want to get over this habit.
    Chantix is FDA approved drug.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Chantix is great if you want to quit smoking, commit suicide, hurt your loved ones, and have a general feeling of terrible anxiety throughout the day.
    THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!
    http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/archi...tix.php?page=3
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

hi, i used to smoke for all days. My best friend advice me to give up smoking for many times. At the end i decided to give up smoke cause of his good will. Before that i used to cough, now it's better and feel more stronger. Thanks for my best friend.

Banned
    You should quit smoking because it is injurious for you.

Chantix is great if you want to quit smoking, commit suicide, hurt your loved ones, and have a general feeling of terrible anxiety throughout the day.
    THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!
    You were just saying in another thread... ahhh f*** it.
    Last edited by MadChef; 03-24-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadChef View Post
    You were just saying in another thread... ahhh f*** it.
    I was responding to a spammer.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it. Given the timing of that post- I've changed my philosophies about medications since then.
    Last edited by Mercuryblade; 03-24-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Wannabebig New Member
    Electronic Cigarette - the benefits
    The electronic cigarette is 100% legal to smoke indoors, in pubs, clubs, night clubs, offices etc. Electronic cigarettes come with refillable cartridges which are available in a wide range of flavors and nicotine strengths. You can get menthol, regular, apple and strawberry flavored cartridges and they are available in light, full, medium and zero nicotine strengths.
    The device takes the form of a tiny rod which is slightly longer than a normal cigarette and become your life saver when you are addictive to cigarettes. Smoking seriously affect your health and it cause various harmful diseases such as lungs cancer, mouth cancer, stomach cancer, chronic bronchitis and various other heart diseases. An electronic cigarette will offers you the same taste of a traditional cigarette without producing all those harmful effects related to smoking. If you are looking for a healthier smoking alternative then there is nothing better than electronic cigarettes.

I smoked for years and quit many times. I tried the gum and the patch and all those other things to help me quit. It didn't work for me. The only thing that did was cold turkey and mind over matter. I woke up one day and realized I am killing myself and I want to be around to watch my kids grow up. (When I have kids, of course.) It was hard. Especially when drinking. Try chewing on straws or toothpicks. That helped me. Good luck, man.

Hey, i was going to start my own thread but figured i should do a search first and found this one.

Im a new member here, been bodybuilding for 9 years and started smoking a few years back and kept it up.

I know i will never reach my goals if i smoke, i seriously want to quit and did try a few weeks back, quit cold turkey for just over a week and couldn't stand the hunger, headaches, tiredness and general feeling like crap and so started smoking again.

Im going to try taking low dose pain killers a few times a day for the aches and headaches and try drinking diet coke to suppress the hunger (heard this works) I will try this next week and hopefully will be able to quit for longer than just over a week lol. Any tips/advice would be great.

Just thought i would add that i don't want to use patches or gum i simply want to cut out all nicotine, not replace one source of it with another.

Cheers-

BF
    Last edited by Brute force; 09-16-2010 at 03:22 AM.

Wannabebig New Member
    That's quite funny someone else mentioned e-cigs. That's how I quit. I feel better in the morning plus I don't cough up a long. 399 days now smoke free!