Thread: Really frustrated; don't want to give up but don't know what to do

Threaded View

Really frustrated; don't want to give up but don't know what to do

I have been working extremly hard and I have been struggling so much with my abbs. I'm getting really frustrated and it almost seems like all my previous work is for no reason. It's so frustrating I don't know what to do.

I'm having many problems with my abbs. I'm not sure if I'm doing it incorrectly or not. I'm not a big guy, but I was holding a 35lb DB behind my head on a ball and was doing many reps (didn't want to do high numbers, but I was experimenting around). I can't go much higher without dropping the weight because it's hard to grip them (it would also toss me off balance). I can't use plates because after the 25lb plate (on my chest) it's too big for my body, and behind my head I will probably lose my balance. I don't know what to do; DBs on chest? Do many people do this? I was doing 35lb and didn't feel much--maybe I'm doing it wrong.

What's the difference between a crunch and sit up? Sit ups are all the way up (to your bent knees) right? I think I will try crunches because the weight won't be such a problem then. I think I might feel the burn better, but I don't know what to do.

It's very frustrating, and I don't want to give up, but I need some help right now. I also have problems with my left arm and bodyfat. My left arm is much smaller than my right, and when flexed it looks like a shrimp. Also, lots of my BF is where my tricpes are on both arms, so when I flex with my left it looks pretty bad. I don't know what to do; how to fix this?

Please someone help me, I've hit a deadend.
    Last edited by PhilsterT; 03-22-2005 at 09:03 PM.