Thread: How to Improve Weak Spots (Dips)?

How to Improve Weak Spots (Dips)?

I cant do dips worth a shi!. 6 and Im about to explode. what should i do to strengthen this area and improve performance on dips?

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by motor head View Post
    I cant do dips worth a shi!. 6 and Im about to explode. what should i do to strengthen this area and improve performance on dips?

How long have you been doing them?

You can start slowing adding weight. Just 5 or 10 lbs at a time. You'll get stronger on them before you it.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    You can start slowing adding weight. Just 5 or 10 lbs at a time. You'll get stronger on them before you it.
    Drunk posting???? haha! try some decline bench or assisted dips.

Quote Originally Posted by Be_Rye View Post
    Drunk posting???? haha! try some decline bench or assisted dips.
    not at all. I don't know how to dip considering I can work up to +135 for reps.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

you have to just keep doing em...if you can only do 6 at a time, try to hit say 25 reps in as many sets as it takes to get it. then add 5 lbs and repeat. keep adding weight. at first i had to use the assistance for dips and now i'm up to 60 lbs for reps. the only thing holding me back is that i have a hard time holding the dumbbell between my legs, if i had a dip belt it would be a lot easier.

Reach down between your legs and find a pair of balls. That's what it takes to lift big weights. Genetics is the weak man's excuse for why he sucks at life. Don't be that guy - RhodeHouse

Any man under 200lbs is a woman - RhodeHouse

Wannabebig Member
    i was the same way, then i just did them for months and months, up untill i could do so many i got bored, so i started adding weight, and i stopped adding weight after i got to hanging 2 45 plates off a belt and doing 10 reps like that.. theres really no way to cheat with thses.. you just have to stay determined and motivated. when ever i lift i always say to my self " if i did that one, i can do one more "

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Add weight, like cphafner said. Start small and you'll work up to solid dip sets.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

thanks for the info. ive been doing them just 3 weeks. I do them on a treadmill too...lol. it seems to work ok for a poor mans jym.

Wannabebig Member
    some of the strongest most buff people i have ever seen live in the hood and go to the park and use the play equipment and just do body weight excersies...

thanks for the info. ive been doing them just 3 weeks. I do them on a treadmill too...lol. it seems to work ok for a poor mans jym.
    On a treadmill? How wide apart are the handles? How do your shoulders feel about it?
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

they feel like theyre spaced fine, bout 3 ft or a little less? my shoulders are fine... except when i do them its just really hard. why what might be wrong with the t-mill? I like how the bars are padded too. Besides that I also take the seat of my bench and hang from the bar and do pull ups with my legs bent...lol. Pretty soon Im gonna be hanging weights on the bar with string too. ah well, it works for now.

they feel like theyre spaced fine, bout 3 ft or a little less? my shoulders are fine... except when i do them its just really hard. why what might be wrong with the t-mill? I like how the bars are padded too. Besides that I also take the seat of my bench and hang from the bar and do pull ups with my legs bent...lol. Pretty soon Im gonna be hanging weights on the bar with string too. ah well, it works for now.
    24 inches I can see as normal... 36 is too wide, imo.