The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cutting Hell

Cutting Hell

Hey everyone its my first journal thread.. hm wbb accidentally deleted my last try to start a thread so here goes again..
    starting over (more details on why later), so now its the end of week 1 of cutting. I'll just say this: i NEED cheat meals. its absolutely impossible for me to go cold turkey and eat without them. I tried last time and when spring break came around, my diet just went to hell and back.
    But its always good to get back on track of things.. lets see.. doing smalls' split at the gym nowadays, going pretty well. I'll get numbers up later, in kind of a rush right now.
    But yes. go wbb and go cutters!
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I`m cutting too. Cal/Carb cycling. I get 1200 kcals today, and no carbs. I hate this horsecrap.

When the hell are they gonna come out with a calorie free brownie sundae?
    Women who look at men like chests and biceps. Women who touch men like asses. Start squatting.

"It`s not a grudge. I just don`t like you." - my friend Scott.

"Dude, yer beyond a tool. Yer the whole damn shed."
    -me

Stats:
    Female, 5'0, 127ish lbs (this is a damn lie...closer to 133.)
    Current Max Lifts:
    Deadlift- 245 x 1
    RDL - 185 x 5 x 5
    Squat - 155 x 3
    Bench - 105 x 2

*goes of to dairy queen and orders a triple brownie sundae*
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

[QUOTE=Built]Getfit - I didn't know you were dead.[/QUOTE

she lives!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

oohh.... icecream!! 10 more weeks for me!! Cutting is no fun Good luck with it !!! Just think it's all mental... Tell yourself that you love turkey and tuna.... Repeat several times... I love turkey and tuna oh and yams!!

Quote Originally Posted by muscle chic
    oohh.... icecream!! 10 more weeks for me!! Cutting is no fun Good luck with it !!! Just think it's all mental... Tell yourself that you love turkey and tuna.... Repeat several times... I love turkey and tuna oh and yams!!
    MC just teasing i know how hard it is but the thoughts of ice-cream make me do flips! right now i gotta get some weight back on me have dropped at least 5lbs and don't like that

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    right now i gotta get some weight back on me have dropped at least 5lbs and don't like that
    I have them. PM me your addy and I'll have them Fed Ex'd to you.

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    MC just teasing i know how hard it is but the thoughts of ice-cream make me do flips! right now i gotta get some weight back on me have dropped at least 5lbs and don't like that

oohhh...lucky you!! I have the flavor and topping all picked out for after my show!!!hehe!!

Quote Originally Posted by muscle chic
    oohhh...lucky you!! I have the flavor and topping all picked out for after my show!!!hehe!!

*joins MC for the feast*

gain 50lbs-Anthony

lol you guys are hilarious.
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200

alright so today was pretty good. I was hitting just under 2000 cals today with enough protein and carbs. thats good. although at dinner time i had to nail down that last bit of protein shake, it was just so nasty (pro-rated vanilla). I'll look forward to when my strawberry 100% whey comes in.. hurry up FEDEX!!! grr..

anyways, so today was the first time i tried a new split(inspired by other members on this forum, so dont be mad if it seems like i stole it; i probably did .. but you should be complimented that i would want to take your split.) which was chest/ab.

Flat Bench Press: 185x8, 205x5, 205x4.
    i dont know why, but i couldnt seem to get that last one down on the 3rd set. a;ldsgjalgkja. oh well, its okay. I expected some sort of decrease in my lifting stats because of my cut.

Incline DB Press: 50x6, 60x6, 65x5.
    Pretty well, i think i can push it up to 75's at least next time around. Felt a little bit too easy to me, even though i was working til near failure. Or maybe i'm just weaker now. stupid cut.

DB Flies: 45x8, 55x5, 60x3(failed miserably)
    MAN by this time, i was pretty pissed off with my body. I was eating right, keeping my metabolism high but it just definitely seemed like my body was weaker or something. By the time i got to 60's, my spotter literally had to pry the DBs out of my hands, i wouldnt give up. but to no avail. :[ i also need to start a little heavier (around 50-55) and nudge up the increments by 2.5 lbs or 5 lbs.

Crunch Machine: 185x8, 205x6, 210x5
    This was pretty good. I figured out that i needed a much wider ROM to target my lower abs by moving the bar part backwards a bit. So that was good. I also found out i was doing them somewhat less than full potential before, so today i straightened that out.

Oblique Twists: 2.5x12, 5x12, 10x12
    Likewise, good. I think my ab workouts today were really effected because after each set i could barely lift myself out of the decline bench. good job rich. i think i'll start with 5's next time around though.

Weighted Side Bends: 10x10, 25x10, 35x10
    UGH there was this fine chick next to me, doing side bends as well. i just couldnt concentrate, but i still somehow managed to do my sets with some sort of determination. I dont know where it came from.. maybe it was that i wanted to look good or something, but strength flowed out like whoa. :]

Decline Weighted Situps : 45x10, 45x10, 45x10
    good ****. I got a few eye turns for this, and i was pleased i was impressing people. Seriously, when you have a 45lb slab on your chest and you're pumping out situps, people WILL notice. I definitely felt the burn afterwards.

Then i played some volleyball with some homies of mine, and believe it or not my forearm (or the skin, rather) is the most pained out of all the muscles on my body. STUPID HARD VOLLEYBALLS. It was fun, and some good cardio though.

K thats it for today. I think tomorrow, i'm going to do some backwork. Will post when done.
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200

Tuesday: Back

Wide Grip Pull Downs
    150x6, 160x4, 160x5

Seated Cable Row
    140x6, 140x6, 140x5

DB Shrugs
    70sx6, 70sx6, 70sx6

Weighted Shrugs
    170x10, 180x8, 200x7

DLs
    100x6, 100x6, 100x6

Today's workout was pretty good. ate around ~1950 cals with 40/40/20 p/c/f, so all around good day. I wasnt sure about my DL strength, so i held back the weights and focused instead on explosive power along with good form. we'll see how i feel tomorrow .. ugh i got an ochem quiz tomorrow morning.. wish me luck
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200

alright, so i'm heading home today from LA (where i wont have access to a gym), so to compensate, i did another arm set yesterday at the gym instead of resting like a good boy.

Lateral Raises
    20x10, 20x8, 10x10(very slow)
    i found the slow one was incredibly awesome to do.. felt the burn all the way down along with while i was holding them horizontally out.

Seated DB Military Press
    27.5sx10, 27.5sx8, _______
    lol i got a phone call during this exercise and forgot to do the last set. Stupid girls! thats it, i'm leaving my phone at home the next time i go to the gym.

Hammer Curls
    25sx10, 25sx8, 25sx8
    decent. felt it in the brachiali for sure.

Concentration Curls
    30x10, 30x8, 30x8
    i dont know why, but today i chose to do less weight and somewhat higher reps than my normal 4-6 rep sets. Maybe i'll look around the forum and figure out the pros and cons of both types of routines.. although my gut instinct is that higher weight, lower reps would give me the most optimal gains.

Narrow Grip Bench Press
    100x10, 115x10, 135x10
    okay, i think my grip here was too narrow or something because i recall my wrists feeling very uncomfortable. i was also somewhat rushed in my sets because there were guys waiting for me to finish (and didnt look too happy.) i didnt have a very good day, so i just let it slide without being a totall ass about it. i think if i have more time, i can definitely up the weight, possible starting with the 135's and moving up from there. but YES nice tricep work.

now that i look back, i did just half of my normal routine.. i dont know what i was doing that made me lessen my routine. maybe the girl? i dunno. anyways, i'm off back home this weekend and i'll be back in the gym (and UCLA) on monday. bye!
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200

**** is lookin tight bro, how long have you been lifting ?
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

thx.. i've been lifting for about 4 years now, but only consistently for the past year or so.
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200

anyways.. oh wow i missed a lot of work this weekend, so monday night i got right back on track with chest-ab work.

Flat Bench
    200x8, 210x8, 215x5

DEFINITELY because of the carbs i ate yesterday.. yegh.. cheat days are awesome though :] i love the strength i get from them. it was good high intensity, but i fell i could have worked it harder.

Incline DB press
    55x8, 65x7, 70x7(PR!!)

i hit the 70s pretty hard.. my forearms were definitely tired as hell, but hey i got through them. hopefully next week (w/o my cheat day) i will be able to at least keeo up with the gains i made today.

DB Flies - n/a
    :[ forgot completely. oh well.. i think my pecs were hit hard enough.

Crunch machine
    210x10, 210x8, 205x8

man, i owned the machine.. i hit 210 (the max on the machine) and was going strong.. so i downed the weight a bit to see if i was using the wrong muscles.. and lo and behold it was a little harder. so next time, i'll lower it and concentrate even more on the form.

Decline Weighted crunches
    45x10, 45x10, 55x5

the last set was killer.. i think i'll start with 50s next week..

so this was monday.
    lather, rinse, repeat.
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200

Tuesday: back

i think i'll start posting my fitday overviews for each day, to let you guys know where i'm at in my cutting:
    Calories: 1900
    Fat: 44g 22%
    Carbs: 167g 35%
    Protein: 198g 43%

yepp... that bagel i just ate was soooo good. anyways. so back day.

Wide Grip Pull Downs
    150x8, 160x8, 160x6
    i think i adjusted the grip correctly this time.. instead of mega-wide grip where my forearms were angled, i got them closer together today so it was wide, but still vertical. this worked my lats better, i think.

Seated Cable Rows
    120x8, 120x7, 120x6
    oh man. DEFINITELY because of the pulldowns, my weight dropped 20 lbs! now i know more correct form/grip, at least.

Dead Lifts
    95x8, 115x8, 125x8
    ok definitely getting the feel of the form.. going to hit up 125 as my start next week and start to do more high intensity.

DB Shrugs
    70sx8, 75sx8, -
    only 2 sets because my forearms were completely dead.. i was afraid of dropping the DBs.. 75lbs a hand is pretty hefty.. i think i might actually phase this trap exercise out of my routine for a while, and work on my forearm strength in the meantime. or something like that.

Shrug "machine"
    180x12, 230x10, 270x10
    a little suspicious about this machine.. its free weights, but its a "hammer" machine, if anyone knows what that is.. it seems to have some sort of lever action to lift the weights with the shrug instead of a straight up vertical lift.. so i assume there is some mechanical work done to decrease the weight while you lift.. and i was so impressed i repped out 270 too.. hehe.

Lat machine
    120x10, 140x10, 160x5
    ok at this point my forearms were already dead and had gone to hell. the 3rd set, i accidentally let go of one of the cables, and 160lbs shot up and make a pretty big noise.. hehe. i bet i was totally made fun of, but hey what can a guy do?

anyways, that was today.
    Cardio: 100 kcals on the stairmaster, then 10 min uphill running from the gym back to my dorm room.. man was that killer..
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200

Workout is looking good, so i diet.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

today was an off day, but heres my fitday facts:
    Total: 2082
    Fat: 45g 20%
    Carbs: 231g 42%
    Protein: 193g 38%
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200

yeah, seems okay to me.
    just curious, what do you recommend?
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200