The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iPOD + Gym = ??

iPOD + Gym = ??

My current MP3 player is falling appart and I've been thinking of getting the 4 GB IPOD mini in pink of course... and was just wondering about your experiences with them?

I'm afraid that it won't hold up in the gym?

And for the record... I did not search this topic... I wanted updated news and reviews from you guys...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I win.
    Have you looked at the iPod Shuffle?

My pink Ipod, er the girlfriend's pink ipod, hold up just fine for jogging and the gym.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    My friend has a pink iPod mini, she's at the gym with it frequently, she wears it on her arm, and she loves it. It's help up really well: she doesn't have a habit of bumping into things.

I, personally, am not a big fan of iPods. They do come in cool colors, though. If you do get one splurge on better earbuds.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

I wannabebig!
    you + me = us

I really like mine. I just use it when I'm running (cardio) or doing auxilary lifts. When I'm doing my main lifts (squats, deads, bench, etc) I can't listen to it because it distracts the hell out of me.

It does hold up well though. I want an armband for mine. I wear mine on my waste and always knock it off!

j

Thanks for the replies... especially ryuage..

I think I will go ahead with the silver one... the pink was just a joke... the same joke as all those "fairies" who wore pink shirts last year... I mean really guys... :-) I think even my wife called a few guys "gay lookin' " when she saw that...

I got a ipod mini silver, and its fine. I just have it in my pocket.

Sure its best for cardio, but its fine for the weights, unless you drop one on it of course, but then hey anything is gonna crush then.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough
    I got a ipod mini silver, and its fine. I just have it in my pocket.

Sure its best for cardio, but its fine for the weights, unless you drop one on it of course, but then hey anything is gonna crush then.

Including toes... :-)

I've always fancied a pink lightsaber myself.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

I wannabebig!
    nothing wrong with the pink ipod

If you wear it on your arm you run almost no chance of dropping weights on it.

The pink on the minis is kinda nice. I'm partial to silver/steel/yellow colored electronics.

I carry a Rio Carbon at the gym every time I work out. Can't imagine working out w/out music.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

I really don't think the mini is worth it, it's almost the same price as a 20GB, and it's not that much smaller. The regular 20GB is small enough that the difference between it and the mini is not going to cause any extra discomfort if you wear it in the gym. I carry my 20GB with me every time I go to the gym and I've never had a problem, just get a good belt clip/armband combo

you can wear it on your arm and run the wire under your shirt to the phones if you find wires a nuisance like i do.

and if you buy a pink one, definitely keep it hidden in your pocket.

ps. when on the treadmill, you can clip it on a thin surface like water bottle holder or something like that.
    Last edited by VasDeferens; 03-29-2005 at 10:25 AM.

I have an Ipod first gen, the original firewire 5Gb model. I've been using and abusing at the gym since day one...thing still works great!!!!

I have an Ipod first gen, the original firewire 5Gb model. I've been using and abusing at the gym since day one...thing still works great!!!!
    Oh, my! What's the battery life like on it?

Still get about 8 hours on it....hoping not to jinx myself.

I keep it in a nylon case, but other than that I just throw it in my gym bag and go.
    Last edited by estropes; 03-29-2005 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks for all the replies...

Honestly... I don't see myself using more then 4-5 GB anyways... 20 would be overkilll... just like 640KB of memory would be more then anyone would need... :-) (old school PC geeks will get that one... )

I just don't like that many artist to have 20GB worth of MP3s...

Whichever you end up choosing- enjoy it! And get it with a replacement warranty a-la Best Buy (so you can bust it into a dozen pieces (or just have an earbud go out of order) and they will STILL be obligated to give you a new one within your warranty time). It's so worth it.

MACHINE
    I'm pretty sure iPOD + Gym = 8
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

that answer is always 5
    My Journal

My Pictures and Stats

From Boondock Saints
    Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter! Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

Quote Originally Posted by _8_Ball

I'm afraid that it won't hold up in the gym?

LMAO

Ok, I will explain this briefly for you. The ipod is not cheap, but it is honestly once of the most well built pieces of electronics that I have ever owned. It is honestly built like a TANK. I have dropped mine several times, in fact there are many gashes in the metal casing, but it has never skipped a beat and works great. I doubt I could go a day without my mini.

My 20 gig has been one of the best workout partners I've ever had. I put a silicone skin on it to keep it shiny and nice and to protect the screen. I think the millimeter of silicone probably protects it a little from potential drop/weight damage.
    I had it on a belt clip for awhile, but I just put it in my pocket now. It's heavy enough to pull the pocket downward inside my pants so that it's out of the way for the most part.
    There really is nothing like being able to hear the exact pump-up song that you want when you want it.

Yeah, I just carry it in my pocket. The one thing you have to watch is if you do dumbell bench - just make sure you don't put the dumbells on your legs where the ipod is, when you bring them up. Every other exercise I've done has been fine.

I've had my mini a few weeks. It's great. I can take it anywhere, although the arm band case I bought for it barely fits around my arm. If I had any decent muscle I'd be screwed. I'm not sure if Apple sells an armband, but if you get the one at bestbuy, you'd better be no bigger than 16" around.

I workout at home, so I take it downstairs, and hook it up to my head-unit via an adapter cable I got at Radio Shack, and don't have to mess with changing CD's, and crappy songs in between good ones. I just set up a good workout list, and away I go!

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083