Thread: Hunger

Banned

Hunger

I wanna start lifting weights again and get on a really good routine, and hopefully make some gains. problem is I don't get hungry, and I don't really like to eat much.

If I start lifting, will I get hungry and eat more? Or will I just get tired and not lift as well because I'm not eating...?

also random question=
    does lifting heavy and low reps give u same results as lifting lighter and high reps?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ILL_Mitch
    I wanna start lifting weights again and get on a really good routine, and hopefully make some gains. problem is I don't get hungry, and I don't really like to eat much.

If I start lifting, will I get hungry and eat more? Or will I just get tired and not lift as well because I'm not eating...?

also random question=
    does lifting heavy and low reps give u same results as lifting lighter and high reps?

Thanks

You will not be hungry enough to naturally eat the amount of food you will need for proper gains, almost 100% of people who bulk regardless of metabolism have to force themselves to eat sometimes.

Low reps w/ heavy weights = bulk/mass.

High Reps w/ lighter weights = definition, a leaner/cutter look.

Spencerjrus hey everything you said was right except for the part were you told Mitch that High Reps w/ low weight= definition, and looking cut. Thats a myth. To get cut its dieting and some carido to lose BF.

Age-17
    Height-5'8.5"
    Weight-160

Maxes as of-5/26/05
    Bench-205x3(estimated 225)
    Squat-305x1
    Deadlift(sumo)-335x1
    Hang Clean-225x3(estimated 245)

Check out my journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65381

you will have to start slow and just force yourself to eat, adn eventually you will get to the point where you have to eat 1000 calorie meals to even get close to full, and then your hungry an hour later, it will come with time, but you still need to force yourself to eat more for now, keep track of what you eat, www.fitday.com
    Height: 6' 1/2" Age: 24

Current Status: The brace is off....
    Weight: 208 lbs.

Back in action...

High reps/low weight==endurance.
    BTW, i didn't know everyone is forcing themselves to eat.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PYRO
    High reps/low weight==endurance.
    BTW, i didn't know everyone is forcing themselves to eat.
    Yes, higher reps will build more endurance. But I don't care as much about endurance as I do about strength. That's why I use lower reps.

I used to have to force myself to eat a lot. But now I think my stomach has expanded and I get hungrier quicker and it takes more to fill me. Pretty much what emjlr3 said.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 03-29-2005 at 07:31 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

I still eat on a schedule, I don't exactly force myself too. But you become accustomed to it.

Sometimes I can't even tell if I'm hungry or not. I'm "hungry" when it's time to eat. I can't even imagine eating without a schedule now...I wouldn't be able to tell when I wanted to eat and how much I wanted.

Banned
    Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the help

Regards
    Ill_Mitch

also try focusing on calorie and nutrient dense food. for example dont fill up on bread and just add another meat portion

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    If you're like me, the more active you are the hungrier you are. If I eliminated weight training and cardio from my day I could probably live on less than 2000 cals. But if you lift and keep your body going, your body will give you signs that you need more food by means of hunger.

GL