The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    homer: thanks bro

sylvia: thanks sweetie

diet for today

meal 1
    10 egg whites
    1 low fat tortilla
    2 scoops nitrean

meal 2
    1 balance bar
    6 oz chicken

meal 3
    8 oz chicken
    1 cup broccoli

meal 4
    balance bar

meal 5
    6 oz chicken
    1 cup broccoli
    2 scoops nitrean

Nice work bri. Lots of volume.
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

pruneman: thanks bro.

no workout today unless i can do it in the basement...we are having a HUGE snowstorm here in COlorado.

I hate ****ING SNOW

Quote Originally Posted by briancurran01
    no workout today unless i can do it in the basement...we are having a HUGE snowstorm here in COlorado.

I hate ****ING SNOW
    god i'd die if it snowed again here i'm gonna pack my things and leave
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

sylvia: i would leave if i could

diet for today

meal 1
    1.5 cup liquid egg whites (equal to 10 egg whites)
    2 scoops nitrean

meal 2
    1 can tuna

meal 3
    6 oz turkey tenderloin
    1 cup broccoli

meal 4
    2 scoops nitrean
    1 can tuna

back to the low carb...will refeed each week...going to try and not take any of the free meals i am allowed and just use that to extend the refeed.

today is depletion workout right after work.

Had kind of a bad last few days, wont go into details just moving forward and focusing on the good things that i have going on.

I applied for 2 new jobs one paying 15 an hour and one paying 17 an hour so if i can get one of these 2 then i will be set.

If you happen to get both jobs, toss me the one you don't take would ya'?

Yuck! More snow?! I'm hoping we're done with that here. Should've just went and shoveled the snow. That's a great workout. I know, it actually sucks, but I try to trick myself into thinking that, so it don't suck quite as much.
    Last edited by Bruteman; 04-11-2005 at 09:34 AM.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

good luck on the job search bri! hope it goes well
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    I agree, Brian. Snow is like a evil biatch.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Had kind of a bad last few days, wont go into details just moving forward and focusing on the good things that i have going on.

I applied for 2 new jobs one paying 15 an hour and one paying 17 an hour so if i can get one of these 2 then i will be set.
    Keep your head your bro, we're all rooting for you!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Diet looking consistent bro. Haven't been around lately, as I've been busy as hell.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

sylvia: thank you i have my fingers crossed

homer: snow stinks

connor: thanks bro

chubrock: thanks man..i was wondering where you were at

diet for today

meal 1
    10 egg whites
    1 low carb tortilla
    2 scoops nitrean

meal 2
    6 oz chicken
    1 cup broccoli

meal 3
    6 oz chicken
    1 cup broccoli
    1 balance bar

meal 4
    1 balance bar

meal 5
    6 oz chicken
    2 scoops nitrean
    1 cup broccoli

i went too low with the calories and the carbs last night i am not ready to handle psmf at this point so this will be my diet for the time being

going to hit up a full body workout tonight after work have an interview for the other position on thursday

no workout today...i am having trouble with my back and shoulder...i am taking off until sunday no workouts

come sunday (hopefully) new diet focus and new workout plan still looking at a thermogenic...not sure what to get any thoughts on this would be appreciated...I was thinking about the aln product but it says that a ingredient is linked to high blood pressure and heart problems.

give me any suggestions of what has worked for you guys

when i start the diet on sunday i am going to do a modified psmf...low carb...and will use crystal lite to help me get through rough spots since it is no cal

i decided on one fat loss product to aid me avant labs PhenoGen,

I am also thinking about the H.E.A.T. product.

Sunday starts the new diet and the new workout...still deciding on a split.

Seems like you are having a hard time getting back into the dieting groove. Don't make me turn into a drill sergeant. I will make you diet, and it won't be as much fun as if you'd do it on your own.

heh, I know it's hard for you to find the right balance of everything, so it doesn't mess with your sugar. I hope this next effort, starting sunday, is the answer for you.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Bruteman
    Seems like you are having a hard time getting back into the dieting groove. Don't make me turn into a drill sergeant. I will make you diet, and it won't be as much fun as if you'd do it on your own.

heh, I know it's hard for you to find the right balance of everything, so it doesn't mess with your sugar. I hope this next effort, starting sunday, is the answer for you.
    LOL thanks bri...yeah it is just getting myself in the right frame of mind that is why i am checking out the supps to help with the energy and the cravings...sunday is the day i stay to what i want i will have the supps i need...get the diet straight...get the routine set...then just DO IT

*taps fingers and waits till sunday for update*

gain 50lbs-Anthony

sylvia: lol...there will be an update on sunday i promise

so the plan is to have the Phenogen and H.E.A.T. hopefully before sunday...and to be on a psmf style diet...the cravings were the biggest thing killing me...i had such good results with the psmf before the added kick of the thermo i hope to knock this out in about a month.

weight goal: i am thinking 190-200 pounds

the split will be as follows

monday cardio
    tuesday full body workout and cardio
    wednesday cardio
    thursday full body workout and cardio
    friday cardio
    saturday cardio
    sunday full body workout and cardio

I am going to go as long as i can without a refeed have to see what happens...these 2 avant labs products are supposed to be really good at removing fat from stubborn areas (for me think midsection).

Thanks for everyone who keeps supporting me even though i havent been able to stay on course...I realize that I have to WANT to get in shape, and the only one stopping me is ME.

I am not going to make any excuses, but everything that has happened has just thrown me for a loop in more ways then one.

I had a nice stress relief, when i broke the wedding picture, i guess that symbolized something to me..my mother said that it was good that i could let out some of the anger that way...i was like SWEET i have alot more stuff i could break

i need to do like the ex has and just not give a ****, that isnt the kind of person i am though, but i guess it is what i have to become.

i know that once i fully dediicate myself nothing can stop me, i just have to stop making excuses and DO IT.

Just like bruteman told me "there is nothing left to it, but to do it. "

It's All About Committment KiwiBuilder's Avatar
    As always I'll keep an interested eye on your progress, particularly the supps.
    =================================================
    Currently:: ~90.75 Kg and BFLing!
    Cutting Goal:: Abs!
    Ultimate Goals:: 100Kg at ~10% BF.
    The Road To Largeness
    Newest member of WBBB
    "Go ahead on with it Quadzilla..." - Cocoa.
    "I hope the course gets a few more beer cart girls. Hot ones with long legs and tans. Great, now I'm excited. My left forearm is never going to catch up now. Son of a bitch." - Tim Nissen.
    "Most people don't realize that large pieces of coral, which have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common wood screws, can make a child look like a deer." - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
    =================================================

thanks man...i havent bought the H.E.A.T. yet probably will do that in the next few days. the other should be here by friday i think

the split will be as follows

monday cardio
    tuesday full body workout and cardio
    wednesday cardio
    thursday full body workout and cardio
    friday cardio
    saturday cardio
    sunday full body workout and cardio
    Where's your rest day buddy?
    'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

eh for right now i am not going to have one...saturday will probably be the rest day after i get moving again

I have had the last few weeks as rest days lol i been slacking big time