Thread: Multi-vitamins

Wannabebig Member WatchThisSpace's Avatar

Multi-vitamins

How important are these? My skin type is dry and since I started my cutting diet my skin hasn't ever been so dry. It's unbelievable. Is it because I am not getting enough nutrition? If I should get the multi-vitamins does price matter? Will the cheapest work just as well?
    Thanks.
    I'm just a beginner, be nice to me and WATCH THIS SPACE!

Quote Originally Posted by WatchThisSpace
    How important are these? My skin type is dry and since I started my cutting diet my skin hasn't ever been so dry. It's unbelievable. Is it because I am not getting enough nutrition? If I should get the multi-vitamins does price matter? Will the cheapest work just as well?
    Thanks.

You can get dry skin for any number of reasons. That said, if the dry skin coincides with a dietary change then I would draw the conclusion that there is probably a relationship there.

I think a multi vitamin is a must for anyone of a restricted calorie diet. You should also supplement your diet with some form of essential fatty acids.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member WatchThisSpace's Avatar
    Thanks Chris. What foods do I get essential fatty acids from? Are there any supplements?
    I'm just a beginner, be nice to me and WATCH THIS SPACE!

Fish oil capsules that I mentioned in your diet thread are an EFA supplement. You can get them Holland and Barrett stores. You can pick up a multivit from the same place.

You can also get EFAs through whole foods like oily fish but as they are so essential it is best to supplement.

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    when i started taking fish caps, i noticed a lot of benefits, including my facial skin being less dry.

for multivit, i dont think it really matters which one you take if you are already eating a good variety of foods. multivits designed for women are also available with extra calicum and some other vitamins that women need more of. i just take a regular multi and on the days that i don't eat much dairy, i take a viactiv chew.

How much water are you drinking? Try drinking more.