Thread: UD 2.0 Depletion Workouts

UD 2.0 Depletion Workouts

Has anyone actually been able to do these?

It recommends two fullbody workouts on Monday AND two fullbody workouts on Tuesday. I could only do one workout on Monday. I started the second and thought I was gonna drop to the ground, literally. I think I need to lower the weights because I pushed to near failure on several of the sets, but it says to use 60% of your RM, so it's hard to say.

Anyone else done these? How did you manage? This is insanity lol.

MACHINE
    Yeah, I've done it. They're tough, but not too bad I don't think. Then again, I usually run a mile after my current regular workouts, so my stamina/cardio is probably a bit higher than the average trainee... The volume per muscle group per workout is pretty low, so you need to do high reps to deplete the stored muscle glycogen. Not sure what to tell you here except...just get it done.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

you probably jumped to UD2 right after high carb or regular diet.

its a good idea to get on a low carb/cal diet for a week or two before officially starting extreme low carbs+depletion workouts on UD2.

Actually it was the first real workout I've had in months so it was a bit shocking. I'm doing the second one day, and I'll do it twice. I gotta lower the weight though, lots of my sets were near failure. And yea, I was on a balanced diet before.

gino - did you see good results with ud 2.0?

I'm gonna stick with it for 8 weeks.
    Last edited by Dedicated; 04-01-2005 at 07:01 AM.

MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by VasDeferens
    you probably jumped to UD2 right after high carb or regular diet.

its a good idea to get on a low carb/cal diet for a week or two before officially starting extreme low carbs+depletion workouts on UD2.
    I completely disagree here. I think you should go from a regular balanced diet into this program to get the most benefit from the low carb phase. A low carb/calorie diet will only slow down the processes that you're counting on being normal for the first few days of UD2 to be effective. Do you want to slow down your metabolism before you get to the carb depletion phase of UD2? Absolutely not. You want everything as normal or high as possible.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedicated
    Actually it was the first real workout I've had in months so it was a bit shocking. I'm doing the second one day, and I'll do it twice. I gotta lower the weight though, lots of my sets were near failure. And yea, I was on a balanced diet before.

gino - did you see good results with ud 2.0?

I'm gonna stick with it for 8 weeks.
    Why are you doing UD2? You can probably get great results by just training regularly and eating well. I only did it for a couple weeks, but I liked it a lot.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Quote Originally Posted by gino
    Why are you doing UD2? You can probably get great results by just training regularly and eating well. I only did it for a couple weeks, but I liked it a lot.
    Well I have dieted before in the past and it was all just bad experience, but a learning experience also.

My first diet was 1500 calories a day. I lost 30lbs but it was mostly muscle. I soon learned I needed to eat more and changed everything.

My second diet I started at 2400 calories a day. This worked for 3 months; I lost tons of fat but made no gains with the weights. Then the weightloss stopped, I tried refeeding, but it didn't work, I probably did the refeeding wrong. So then I dropped down to 2000 calories, and the weight loss started again, but this time I was losing more muscle than fat, then I got injured and had to stop lifting for a year.

All this dieting/experimenting took about a year or more, and in the end I didn't get anywhere, and now I am back where I started, or worse. The only thing I learned is what my maintainence was, and I learned how to do all kinds of different exercises, and all kinds of info about dieting.

I figure this time, I should try following an actual diet plan and a routine that has been proven to work for other people, instead of trying to do my own thing. I could probably get decent results by eating 2400 calories a day, and then lowering them when needed and so on, but I figure this is a much faster way. Also if I did a normal balanced diet I would probably plateau at where I was before, benching the same and squatting the same poundages I've always done.

I kind of like the sick workouts too. I enjoy killing myself and this lets me do it I guess.

Did you lose any fat when you did UD 2.0? If that is you in your avatar you are in pretty good shape I'd say heh. I don't think I'll ever look like that, maybe after several years.
    Last edited by Dedicated; 04-01-2005 at 07:44 AM.

I completely disagree here. I think you should go from a regular balanced diet into this program to get the most benefit from the low carb phase. A low carb/calorie diet will only slow down the processes that you're counting on being normal for the first few days of UD2 to be effective. Do you want to slow down your metabolism before you get to the carb depletion phase of UD2? Absolutely not. You want everything as normal or high as possible.
    I dont think 2 week moderation will have an adverse effect on the metabolism.

from the UD2 book, p54:
    "Be forewarned, if you've never done a very low-carbohydrate diet, you're in for a shock.
    Don't be surprised if you feel mentally fuzzy or a little bit brain dead (this is also why I suggest at
    least 2 weeks on a moderate carb/moderate fat diet before you jump into the UD2). If this is the
    case, you may need to increase carbohydrates to 100 grams/day. This usually goes away after a
    few cycles."

MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by VasDeferens
    I dont think 2 week moderation will have an adverse effect on the metabolism.

from the UD2 book, p54:
    "Be forewarned, if you've never done a very low-carbohydrate diet, you're in for a shock.
    Don't be surprised if you feel mentally fuzzy or a little bit brain dead (this is also why I suggest at
    least 2 weeks on a moderate carb/moderate fat diet before you jump into the UD2). If this is the
    case, you may need to increase carbohydrates to 100 grams/day. This usually goes away after a
    few cycles."
    It will have an adverse affect for that long. Your body will make adaptations by that time that will reduce the effectiveness of the first few days in UD2. Moderate carbs/fat, does not mean low carbs/calorie like you suggested.

from the UD2 book, pg 52
    "Before you jump into the UD2, I need to make four final comments. If you've been dieting up until this point, I strongly suggest that you take 7-14 days off your diet and eat at maintenance. This will allow metabolic rate to recover so that you can start fresh on the UD2.

Because of the 3 days of overfeeding in each UD2 cycle, metabolic slowdown is mostly attenuated, but you don't want to go into the diet with an impaired metabolism to begin with...
    This, and perhaps most importantly, if you have been using a traditional highcarbohydrate/low-fat diet, jumping into the UD2 is a recipe for disaster. You'll feel like **** and probably give up after two days of carbohydrate restriction. In this case, I strongly suggest you move to a moderate carb/moderate fat diet containing something like 30% protein, 40% carbs and
    30% fat and stay there at least two weeks (if you've been dieting, you can use this as your 2 weeks off diet to save time). Then you can move into the UD2."

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Because of the 3 days of overfeeding in each UD2 cycle, metabolic slowdown is mostly attenuated, but you don't want to go into the diet with an impaired metabolism to begin with..."

Exactly, go into it from eating normally prior.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

It will have an adverse affect for that long. Your body will make adaptations by that time that will reduce the effectiveness of the first few days in UD2. Moderate carbs/fat, does not mean low carbs/calorie like you suggested.

from the UD2 book, pg 52
    "Before you jump into the UD2, I need to make four final comments. If you've been dieting up until this point, I strongly suggest that you take 7-14 days off your diet and eat at maintenance. This will allow metabolic rate to recover so that you can start fresh on the UD2.

Because of the 3 days of overfeeding in each UD2 cycle, metabolic slowdown is mostly attenuated, but you don't want to go into the diet with an impaired metabolism to begin with...
    This, and perhaps most importantly, if you have been using a traditional highcarbohydrate/low-fat diet, jumping into the UD2 is a recipe for disaster. You'll feel like **** and probably give up after two days of carbohydrate restriction. In this case, I strongly suggest you move to a moderate carb/moderate fat diet containing something like 30% protein, 40% carbs and
    30% fat and stay there at least two weeks (if you've been dieting, you can use this as your 2 weeks off diet to save time). Then you can move into the UD2."

thanks, i stand corrected.
    Last edited by VasDeferens; 04-01-2005 at 08:48 AM.

I've tried a CKD before and failed miserable, I think actually reading UD 2.0 would help a lot at least from a motivation standpoint.

As a former fatboy cutting is my Achillies heel, does anyone have a used copy of UD2.0 or say a 'backup' copy of the e-book :evillaugh

I'm gunna checkout ebay..

MACHINE
    Just buy it man. It's cheap and SO worth it.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

i cant find any ud 2.0 info on google

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bas
    i cant find any ud 2.0 info on google
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/pro...s/purchase.php

ive pirated a lot of things in my day but man up and buy this one. its a worthy read

I'm on it now. First time I've ever done anything like a depletion workouts last Tuesday & Wednesday. Kicked my ass, but I was a lot better the second day. Someone suggested to me in diet & nutrition to split it into four workouts. AM and PM for each half of the depletion, meaning 4 equal workouts spread out across the two days. The key is to deplete glycogen. It doesn't matter if you do two workouts right in a row (I don't think) as long as you get all four done over the two days.
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics