The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    F'n RAGE man, RAGE

What A Night!!!!

Well, as usual, we all started the evening off riding down some back roads, hitting some trails around here and just having some fun. There was about 5 quads in the group. It was getting kind of dim outside, around 7:45, and Josh and his girlfriend decided to ride home and get a quick dinner. So we all went to Blakes and goofed around on his little track and decided to do some riding, so we needed to ride to the store and get some gas and catch the store before it closed at 8:30. It was about 8:15 when we rolled into the store, there were 4 quads now and one went ahead of us while we waited on blake to find some goggles. When we rolled in, my nephew Jody and his friend told us Josh was pulled over at his house by Kaufman County Sherrif. Now let me take you to the start of it all.

We were at Joshs at the beginning of the evening waiting for Josh to get home from work, and he did. We unloaded his Raptor and he was warming it up. His neighbor (an old naggy woman who's grandkids are meth heads) came out telling us to quit revving them. Josh said, I am only warming it up so it will set idle...she then told him to take it down the road and do it. I said, but were on his property, and she said no, his tires are in the road, so I said then fine, Josh, roll yours in your driveway and start it back up. SHE GOT PISSED. She has already threatened to call the cops and that night she did.

Now were sitting up at the store and the cops are shining a flash light towards the store because they heard us pull in, so Me, Blake, and Randy gun it down the highway to get to some backroads. When we do, I have NO IDEA where Kevin and my nephew went but we made it to my road to get to my house and we stopped. Turns out Kevin and Jody turned around and flew right passed the cop and they got chased and got. But when the cop hit his sirens, we thought it was after us and we gunned it down to my house and pulled them in to the garage and shut the door. Turns out, Josh gotta ticket, and Kevin almost got his impounded but just gotta ticket.

Thats some good ole back road riding for ya!!!!!!!
    Height: 5'8''
    Weight: 188
    Body Fat: 12.4%

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

even if it is on your prpoerty, once a neighbor complains of noise then they can call the cops.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Some solid evidence (video or so) with the G-Ma's Grandkids with Meth would be some great payback!!!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

thats hateful...hate hate hate hate hate

I just got drunk and picked up a hot chick at the bar.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

I got one ticket when I was first learning to ride..

Around here, cops have nothing better to do than chase us. We've probably been chased 10 times, and they cant catch us. The adrenaline is great though.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

I don't know of ANY vehicle that requires you to rev it to set idle. They all warm up in thier own time, don't they? It'd be safer to do it slowly, rather than to have her coming over there, and no doublt bitching about you when she goes back to her trailer/lab. My point being that you don't mess with meth heads, or their known associates..you let them slowly waste away, lose thier teeth on their own property, and die.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey66
    Around here, cops have nothing better to do than chase us.
    drives me nuts when I see/hear people say this.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    drives me nuts when I see/hear people say this.
    No crap...

There are good reasons why those things are illegal on highways/roads.

5/3/1 Journal

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    No crap...

They just need a front bumper and turn signals and they are legal. Not a good reason.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

I don't know of ANY vehicle that requires you to rev it to set idle. They all warm up in thier own time, don't they? It'd be safer to do it slowly, rather than to have her coming over there, and no doublt bitching about you when she goes back to her trailer/lab. My point being that you don't mess with meth heads, or their known associates..you let them slowly waste away, lose thier teeth on their own property, and die.
    Plenty of vehicles need to be rev'd high to let it warm slightly before it will idle properly. Diesels, Gas Cars, even weed wackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Genacide
    They just need a front bumper and turn signals and they are legal. Not a good reason.
    I'll bet that he, and none of his friends have them. I know what they need to have, but my point was that he's still breaking the law.

5/3/1 Journal

Plenty of vehicles need to be rev'd high to let it warm slightly before it will idle properly. Diesels, Gas Cars, even weed wackers.
    Any finnicky engine I've ever owned will warm up if it's allowed to SIT for a time.

I take that back..setting the automatic choke??
    Last edited by Patz; 04-10-2005 at 11:05 AM.

5/3/1 Journal

B+D+S = 1 Massive Mofo
    Some solid evidence (video or so) with the G-Ma's Grandkids with Meth would be some great payback!!!
    meanie.
    Past (4Jul05) | Present (22Nov05)
    Weight - 205 | 217
    BF - 26% | 22%
    Max Bench - 230| 295
    Max Dead - 240 | 275
    Max Squat - 240 | 315
    Total: [710] | [885]

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Dude, why did you run from the cops?

You do know that that is one of the most-Corky-from-Life-Goes-On things you can do when you've committed no crime, eh?
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino

You do know that that is one of the most-Corky-from-Life-Goes-On things you can do when you've committed no crime, eh?
    LOL!

5/3/1 Journal

No crap...

We're on logging roads..

We're on logging roads..
    So why do they give chase? Do you guys ever hang around and find out? There has to be a reason. Most cops will leave you alone if you show them that you know the law.

5/3/1 Journal

So why do they give chase? Do you guys ever hang around and find out? There has to be a reason. Most cops will leave you alone if you show them that you know the law.
    If you read my first post I did stick around to find out, and got a ticket. It IS illegal to drive an uninsured vehicle on logging roads (which I didn't even know until I was stopped), but most cops you talk to here say it's fine, because you hardly ever see people one them. There are a few that a just plain a-holes. I know its hard for you people who live in large cities to understand the setting in which I live, but it is a VERY rural town. Even if we did ride on the street to get to the next dirt road, which we have done, its not causing anyone any harm.

If you read my first post I did stick around to find out, and got a ticket. It IS illegal to drive an uninsured vehicle on logging roads (which I didn't even know until I was stopped), but most cops you talk to here say it's fine, because you hardly ever see people one them. There are a few that a just plain a-holes. I know its hard for you people who live in large cities to understand the setting in which I live, but it is a VERY rural town. Even if we did ride on the street to get to the next dirt road, which we have done, its not causing anyone any harm.
    Check my sig..I live in West Virginia and Kentucky. You'll not find two more redneck, rural, and ATV/cycle-loving states in the U.S. West Virginia's biggest city is 50,000 on a good day. I don't personally ride, but if it's illegal, it's illegal. Are some cops just A-holes, or are they the only ones doing their job? I understand your frustration, but the law is the law, and if you know it now you're taking a chance.

5/3/1 Journal

Check my sig..I live in West Virginia and Kentucky. You'll not find two more redneck, rural, and ATV/cycle-loving states in the U.S. West Virginia's biggest city is 50,000 on a good day. I don't personally ride, but if it's illegal, it's illegal. Are some cops just A-holes, or are they the only ones doing their job? I understand your frustration, but the law is the law, and if you know it now you're taking a chance.
    My frustration is that some cops say sure, ride here theres never any vehicles, just don't ride stupid (catwalk down the road in 5th gear, etc.). Then when we are riding there, another cop that isn't as nice stops us, and when we explain to him that a different cop said we can ride here, he gives us a ticket anyway. We don't test our luck with what cop its going to be anymore, theres so many back roads around here they can't catch us. They won't risk endangering other people by going fast enough in a large vehicle to keep up with a bunch of easily maneuverable bikes. Plus, the adrenaline is great. lol j/k

F'n RAGE man, RAGE
    Well I am with Hockey. They aint keeping me from riding. I know all these dusty, muddy, rutted roads like the back of my hand. Its simple, they aint catchin me. I know roads that just plum out end at 4 wheeler trails just wide enough for 4-wheelers that go MILES. Im sorry, but there is no way your gonna catch a 4-wheeler that will hit 85 on a back dusty rock road with headlights off in the dark. And if there still on your tail, hit a mudding road. And if there still on your tail which I highly doubt it if you can go about 60 down a road used for mudding and remember, these county guys aint familiar with that territory, and if there still on your tail, hit some trails. EASY AS THAT. Im not saying I will never get caught, but we definately do ride a lot safer now. Today we stayed on someones land and road, but we had to get there by the roads.
    Height: 5'8''
    Weight: 188
    Body Fat: 12.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino

LOL!!!
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.