Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long should I jump rope for my warmup to increase blood flow?

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    Well, Bizatch, the article DOES say that it will "waste your glycogen (stored energy) on something that isn't going to help your body complete the task at hand."
    This is irrelevant to what I posted.

Also, I understand that for warmups doing 6 or less reps and warming up near my 1RM will get my CNS ready for some heavy weight, but before I do those 6-rep warmup sets, do I just do 1 or 2 sets of 10-20 reps to increase bloodflow instead of the jump roping or jogging?
    No, but you could read the article if you couldn't figure out how to warm-up for various types of training.

And how would you recommend warming up for a brutal set of 20-rep Squats? The article mentions warming up for strength, hypertrophy, and endurance. But I find 20-rep Squats to be a combination of strength and endurance...so how would I warmup?
    I would just do like a triple with that weight and then start it, or you could just do a set of like 14 with real light weight. The 20 rep squats are tough, but you really don't need to warm-up much for sets above 15.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizatch
    No, but you could read the article if you couldn't figure out how to warm-up for various types of training.
    So, what you're saying is that it's unneccessary to increase your bloodflow to warmup for a lifting session? Or will doing the low-rep warmup sets increase bloodflow enough?
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

but growing daily!
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    Well, Bizatch, the article DOES say that it will "waste your glycogen (stored energy) on something that isn't going to help your body complete the task at hand."

Also, I understand that for warmups doing 6 or less reps and warming up near my 1RM will get my CNS ready for some heavy weight, but before I do those 6-rep warmup sets, do I just do 1 or 2 sets of 10-20 reps to increase bloodflow instead of the jump roping or jogging?

And how would you recommend warming up for a brutal set of 20-rep Squats? The article mentions warming up for strength, hypertrophy, and endurance. But I find 20-rep Squats to be a combination of strength and endurance...so how would I warmup?
    I jump for 5 straight minutes before and after my workouts. I doubt theres any significant negative effect unless your an elite athlete or very anal retentive.

Works for me. I find my daily 5k run has significantly reduced the difficulty of my skipping also but then my runs are very painful in themselves heh

Zygote