Thread: 2days/week chest and 1day/week legs?

2days/week chest and 1day/week legs?

would this work? i'm doing a modified westside, and my legs never seem fully healed from ME day when i go to do DE

also i am more concerned w/ bench gains than squat/dl

Do that voodoo that he do
    Sure, it'll work fine. There's lots of West Side templates for various day combinations. Some people like an every other day cycle, making an eight day week:

Monday: ME Bench

Wednesday: DE Squat

Friday: DE Bench

Monday: ME Squat

Wednesday: ME Bench

and so on.

Or you could look into Joe DeFranco's Westside For Skinny Bastards article. It's pretty good and covers an interesting three day Westside mod.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

My first suggestion is to keep training both equally often... you'll adapt to the training, and you won't feel as beat down.. when you do, skip a ME lower day, or just do accessory work.

The other alternative is an 8 day week, or even a MWF where you still do all 4 workouts, but only train MWF (or whatever non consecutive days you like.)
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Sorry to sound like a noob, but I'm just curious what ME and DE mean?
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 04-05-2005 at 09:13 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Maximal Effort and Dynamic Effort.

-galileo

I'm doing a split the same as Borris posted. on off days i do cardio too.
    works great and i've been doing this style for ~6months.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

so basically no speed/ repetition leg days? i checked out defranco's stuff, seems like what i want. no matter how hard i work my chest, i can never work it like i work my legs. even doing more total sets, with equal intensity, i can never get my upper hafl close to as worked as my legs/hips area

Quote Originally Posted by jazer80
    so basically no speed/ repetition leg days? i checked out defranco's stuff, seems like what i want. no matter how hard i work my chest, i can never work it like i work my legs. even doing more total sets, with equal intensity, i can never get my upper hafl close to as worked as my legs/hips area
    When did I say no speed or repetition days? They're just as present as the ME days.

Edit: Gotcha on the DeFranco stuff. My bad. For the legs he only does the one day because of the field work that his athletes are doing. You're a wrestler, if you're practicing hard then you might want to consider it.
    Last edited by Isaac Wilkins; 04-06-2005 at 02:21 PM.

-galileo