The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

2x cardio a week... muscle loss

i usaully jog 7 miles twice a week burning 1000 calories. I've heard many times how cardio can result in muscle loss but will this amount of cardio do the same for me since it's only twice a week.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    If you eat enough, you can still maintain/gain muscle but you should probably schedule your cardio days on different days than your lifting days since you're running a good amount.

Are you sure running 7 miles = 1000 calories burned? That seems like a lot. Or do you mean that 7 miles twice a week combined = 1000 calories burned?
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 04-05-2005 at 08:51 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

yup both times i jog is on off days... and no that is not combined I do that each time
    Last edited by ryan9; 04-05-2005 at 08:52 PM.

Alright you'll probably be okay. Are you bulking or cutting though?
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

also, look into some HIIT rather than long sets of cardio - you might like it.
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

I actually miss doing cardio. I'm bulking right now so I only do cardio or HIIT once a week or so.

Back when I was "cutting" (I didn't really have the concept of "cutting" I was just trying to lose weight) I would do long sessions of regular cardio...just trying to run farther each time.

I didn't really like runnning specifically, but it was really satisfying to run even a half mile farther than I had last time (I was really out of shape).

I do endless amounts of cardio everyday and it can't seem to stop me from getting bigger...
    6'2 206

bulking

so i'll be fine then??

Novice WBB Member
    i'm noticing from my cardio that i may be losing muscle mass cause my weight is going down but i'm not noticing appearance changes- but dont quote me on this i really dont konw i'm new to this stuff (waiting for Built to help me out on this one).

now I have no clue what to do

Ryan, just eat a lot. If you notice that you have a hard time growing, do less running and/or eat more.
    Lifting Journal

k... i'll see how it goes