The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Very confused about carb cycling, please help!!!

ok, i'll give you my stats first, i'm 5'10, 240, and i dont know my body fat % but it's probably like 22-25%. i've been serious into lifting now for a year, basically goign to the gym at least 5 days a week. my current plan is this, i'm on a 1900-2200 calorie diet with a 40/40/20 split, and eating mostly chicken, fish, rice, fruit, vegetables. i'm taking CEE and Citruline Malate, thinking about taking ALCAR too,but unsure, so if someone has some input on that it would be appreciated. my week looks like this.

Mon- Back and shoulders - gym time - 1 hour
    Tues - HIIT - gym time - 25 min
    Wed - Legs - gym time - 1 hour 15 min
    Thurs - HIIT - gym time - 25 min
    Fri - Chest, Bi's Tri's - gym time - 1 hour 15 min
    Sat - HIIT - gym time - 25 min
    Sun - OFF

my HIIT is on a precor because running gives me ridiculous shin splints and i cant even walk halfway through.

my question is this, should i stick with what i'm on now??? i'm seeing alright results, even though i'd like to see better. but i'm not taking an eca stack because the sexual side effects i cant deal with. or should i try out carb cycling??? i can be strick with my diet, everything gets logged in fitday. and if i'm to do carb cycling what days should be high, low, no days??? any help would be appreciated. oh yea, my cheat meal is normally going out on a friday and having 8-10 beers.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Man i would say that if isn't broken, don't fix it. But if you want the weight to come off a little faster then add in 5 - 10 more mins of cardio each session or cut some calories off. I wouldn't go to carb cycling unitl your body fat gets a good bit lower since you have a higher body fat the weight somes off just as easy with a calorie deficit.

6'1" 175
    Quote Originally Posted by theguyfrompa
    my question is this, should i stick with what i'm on now??? i'm seeing alright results, even though i'd like to see better. but i'm not taking an eca stack because the sexual side effects i cant deal with. or should i try out carb cycling??? i can be strick with my diet, everything gets logged in fitday. and if i'm to do carb cycling what days should be high, low, no days??? any help would be appreciated. oh yea, my cheat meal is normally going out on a friday and having 8-10 beers.
    Thats pretty cool you're getting laid @ 22-24% BF.... Otherwise a EC stack would help things faster.

Anyway, as per carb cycling, my BB bro told me to get on this schedule (btw, I'm 6'1, 200lbs and on a cut):

Day 1-2 2000 cals 200 carbs
    Day 3-4 2000 cals 100 carbs
    Day 5-6 2000 cals 50 carbs
    Repeat

But then again, ReelBigFish may be right, it might not work so well with something w/ a high bodyfat. It was the advice given to me though. Also, you could try adding 50 carbs to those numbers if its too hard. Keep in mind, this is advice from a guy that's 5'8 180lbs and 5-6% BF normal/ 3-4% BF in competition.

Try to keep the low carb days on the days you don't WORK... ;-) Also, to loose fat faster, you gotta stop drinking alcohol! No alcohol at all, and at most once a month.

About alcohol and fatloss
    Last edited by Veritas; 04-14-2005 at 04:44 PM.
    Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f**king big television.

:withstupi

Alcohol bites you in the ass three ways:
    1. extra, empty calories
    2. stops fat burning in its tracks
    3. Interferes with muscle growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    :withstupi

Alcohol bites you in the ass three ways:
    1. extra, empty calories
    2. stops fat burning in its tracks
    3. Interferes with muscle growth.

Make that four -
    4. Sex with ugly chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    Make that four -
    4. Sex with ugly chicks.

But sex burns calories!!!! And in the morning when you wake up and see her, you chew your arm off to escape unnoticed, thats like 30 pounds right there overnight......
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Current Stats:
    07-31-09 - 6'4" 220 lb.

Quote Originally Posted by shansen008
    But sex burns calories!!!! And in the morning when you wake up and see her, you chew your arm off to escape unnoticed, thats like 30 pounds right there overnight......
    so she's fat, too?
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR