Page 139 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 3524

Thread: My Road to the INBF and OCB NY State Bodybuilding Champtionships

Yea, I was around 250 for sure. Maybe more like 260+ lol!!!
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Jut saw your new photos. You look amazing! And medialis looks nice and meaty. First thing I noticed on your legs.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Lean Mean Machine in progress!
    Go hard or go home!

GoodyGirl's Lean Mean Machine Journal

Thanks!

178.2 Today

Yesterdays training was chest/upper back/calves/cardio looked something like this =)

Car broke down on Thursday night. My ignition coilpack went bad, which led to an engine missfire which led to a fried catalytic converter. I donno what to do because I don't Have $$ for the repairs =(

My gym is 5.3 miles away from my house.

Cardio
    Bike ride to gym, ~12-15mph Pace (with the wind)

calf raises
    215 x 20
    395 x 12
    355 x 13
    315 x 15

Pull Up (ss'd w/ bench)
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 6
    BW x 5

BB Bench
    45 x 20
    135 x 10
    185 x 8
    185 x 8
    135 x 8

Cable Row
    135 x 12
    150 x 8
    165 x 8
    180 x 8

Dips
    BW x 10
    BW x 10
    BW x 8

Some posing practice

Cardio
    Bike Ride home, 10-12MPH pace, against the crazy wind.

Finished the day off at 30/139/198

Today I woke up at 179.2 and dropped to 178.2 after an overdue BM. Down 3 lbs from yesterday. Looking flatter too.

Got some eggwhite/protein/TJ's bakink mix pancakes w/ sf maple syrup in me for breakfast.

Have to bike to the gym for quads/hams/glutes/abs and then bike back. These 10.6 mile rides to the gym make cardio a breeze.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post

Bump
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    And another.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Ever impressive Paul...almost time to step on stage.
    Last edited by Coke; 11-01-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Very impressed with the legs. That prominent vein in your quad looks awesome. I'm sure the camera loses half the vascularity too
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

New pictures are awesome! Your legs are sick bro!

Wannabebig Member
    I don't post much at all, but I felt compelled to post here. bro your transformation is freakin sick. Congrats for all the hard work, and good luck at your show. Your before and after pics look like a different person completely. How does it feel to put in such dedication and be almost to the end of your journey? whats your plans for the future? good luck, def an inspiration, and makes me want to put in the effort that much more
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."...Joshua 1:9

10 Days out!

Thanks guys, you have no idea how much motivation it is knowing that people are following along and getting something out of this.

Wow what a hectic couple of days.

Between car breaking down, drama on the home front, and scrambling to get everything ready for the show, school, work, training, prepping meals, practicing posing, I have had very little time to update.

I spent all day in Brooklyn on Monday getting my car fixed up. Turned out it was a bad ignition coil and spark plugs which were causing 3 of my 4 cylinders to misfire. Shes running great but I still need new front tires before I can pass my overdue inspection lol =(

I got back to LI late and hit a quick lower session.

Warm Up Cardio
    35 minutes precor freemotion, 12 resistance, 400 cals burned.

Squats
    45 x a lot
    135 x 12
    225 x 8
    225 x 8
    225 x 8
    135 x 8

SLDL
    135 x 12
    225 x 8
    225 x 8 (reverse grip)
    225 x 8
    135 x 8

Decline Sit up
    BW+10 x 15

Stiff Leg Raises
    BW x 15

Done and done. Didn't eat all day so I had 75% of my cals for the day pre/post workout.

Morning weight on Tuesday 183 lbs! >..< Kind bugged about this all day. My posing trunks came in the mail and they did not look right the night before because I was ~186lbs going to bed.

Trained

Cardio
    1H treadmill 3.5 MPH, 7.0 Incline, 650 calories burned

Calf Raises
    215 x 20
    395 x 15
    355 x 15
    315 x 15

Side Lateral Raises
    15's x 12
    25's x 12
    45's x 8
    40's x 8
    35's x 8
    35's x 8

DB Curls
    15's x 12
    25's x 12
    45's x 8
    40's x 8
    35's x 8
    35's x 8

Dips
    BW x 12
    BW+25 x 12 (PR)
    BW+45 x 8 (pr?)
    BW+25 x 10
    BW x 15

Posing practice

Done and done.

Today is off day from the weights.

I have a date with the Precor Free-motion Elliptical for an epic LISS/MISS/HIIT/LISS Cardio session around 2 PM.

Morning weight today 180.8lbs (-2.2 from yest)
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Glad to hear the vehicle is running like normal again.

Practice the posing like crazy, have that **** down 'cause it makes all the difference at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Coke; 11-04-2009 at 09:21 AM.

Hellz yea Coke!

Hit the gym for a solid Cardio + posing session

Treadmill - 30 minutes, 320 cals burned, 3.8MPH, 8.0 Incline, 130-135BPM HR

Precor Free-motion Elliptical - 5 minutes MISS -->10 Intervals 20 seconds @ 20 Resistance max effort/ 40 seconds @ 12 Resistance mod effort, 225 cals burned

Posing Practice.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Banned
    Hey Paul wat are the macros on the brownies and crepes per serving. Thanks man,and looking good

Banned
    Sorry Paul but I can't seem to find your workout anywhere. What does it look like. What is the layout, thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Al19067 View Post
    Sorry Paul but I can't seem to find your workout anywhere. What does it look like. What is the layout, thanks man
    He posts all his training in this journal...?

Aside from that.

Good ****ing work Man, like Coke said keep smashing that posing practice. I think you are somewhat ******ed for doing so much cardio, but I guess your goals are your goals :P haha.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

keep posing brother!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    He posts all his training in this journal...?
    I was going to post his info but then i thought, if i can find it, so can he. This is a 100+ page journal with all the information you could need and there are three articles with even more info. He has stated it so many times, its a bodypart split with three days on, one day off.

Go to the first article, it is clearly mentioned there. The specific exercises can be found here.

Haha !

So I have to say I am officially addicted to this shh.

Blazed is about to get blazed, but a full write up is in the works later tonight or tomorrow morning.

A few snaps.

And the Results

5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

looked sick. How did you place? Hardware is very impressive.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Great job Paul! You could have stood up against that line-up a month ago and did fine too. That was the novice class I am assuming? Conditioning is spot on. Can't wait to see you with more size.

Sorry lol I guess I should have posted the placings last night lol.

I took second in the Novice to the dude in the green trunks in the above pics. I had him on conditioning by a long shot, esp in the legs/glutes.

The larger trophy was for 4th place Open Middleweights which was a pretty stacked class. Lots of quality competition here.

I woke up today to realize that my throat is sore as hell and my voice is almost gone. I realize this is prolly due to yelling and **** yesterday, but I hope I'm not getting sick before Worlds.

So here is how it went down for Paul.

I drove into Syracuse on Thursday night. Got here around midnight, had to apply another coat of Protan and tried to get to sleep around 3AM. NO SHOT! I couldn't sleep a wink between the uncomfortable couch I was sharing with my gf, and the 3 ferrets that kept running around as if they owned the night. I gave up on sleep early Friday morning. I headed to Wegmans since I hear great things about em in the Nutrition section. Stocked up on random goodies that we do not have available on Long Island. Including a few bottles of Waldens Farms Choc Syrup and tons of Nut Butters. I also purchased all the groceries/carbs I would need for my strategi eating plan.

Friday I hit my 35/165/200 numbers but I saved all my carbs for the day for after weigh ins at around 6-7 PM and on. I was finally able to get a few hours of sleep Friday night but still woke up at 7 PM scrambling to get ready for the show. Any plan I had made the night before completely went out the window went it came down to getting ready in the morning. I had no idea what to expect, what to bring with me, or how to go about doing anything lol!

I got a TXT from Brett (Baftub) that him and James had driven in early and were already at the Venue at 8:30. I decided to pack my backpack and left early to go hang out with them. Upon finding them at McDonalds right next door to the venue we shot the **** for a bit and headed back to the venue. Bret and James quickly determined that I was way too pale looking with the 5 coats of protan I had one me and they soon got to work slapping dat der dream tan #2 on me. 10 minutes later my color looked so much better. I didn't know when I should eat my carbs vs. when I'm getting on stage exactly. Brett has been doing James's prep and helped me wing it. All in all yesterday I had

5 Bananas
    3 Cliff Bars
    7 Rice Cakes
    2 servings PB
    2 scoop prot shake in water
    2c FF Cottage Cheese with Waldens Farms Chocolate syrup and SF Strawberry topping mixed in as my "Post Show Meal"

Back to the regular diet today lol.

After hanging out for a bit back stage Oak showed up with his giant container full of food and dumbbells. I also met Pat and a few other guys from BB.com that apparently follow my log but don't post on the boards. We had a ton of time to kill between getting there at 8:45 and Prejudging starting at 11:30. I was in the 4th Class up, Novice Heavy. Had some carbs, tried to pump up a bit, practice my poses with James and Brett, and just go out there and have fun. When I was up on stage for the Novice class I kept getting moved around and Brett and James told me I did ok for my first time up there. After what seemed like eternity we went back out for Open Middleweights. I got up there and did my best. Its pretty nerve wrecking trying to focus on doing so many things simultaneously while all eyes are on you. It was over before I knew it and that wrapped up prejudging for us. Brett and James were going to find a pizza place but since my homie lives in 'Cuse I convinced the fatties to order a pie and come hang out for a bit since we had 2 hours to kill till the night show. We got blazed and ate. Well they ate. I had a shake.

Back to the venue for the night show. Much less fun than the prejudging. The routines seemed to drag on for ever. Well 2 hours actually. I didn't have a routine planned and I was too lit to remember what poses to hit. Gonna have to work on that for Worlds lol!

By the time awards came up I was tired and just wanted to go home. I wasn't really expecting much at this point. I already had a great time and couldn't really ask for more than that.

Went home with 2nd Novice Heavy and 4th Open Middleweight.

More importantly I went home with some good knowledge and memories from my first ever bodybuilding show. A year ago I would have never dreamed that this would have been possible. Sure I started this thread talking about doing a bodybuilding show but what a crazy and epic journey it has been.

A few things I took home from the show.
    Have a plan
    Always listen to Berto, Dream Tan > Pro Tan
    Grow a Chest
    Grow some Lats
    Get more comfortable with posing
    Put together an actual routine for the night show.
    Grow some bigger shoulders
    Don't rely on show to provide a pump up room. (This show had NOTHING)
    I also know what to expect now, which is clutch. I went in there yesterday not knowing anything. I haven't so much as been to a bodybuilding show before this.
    I also learned that these shows can be a ****load of fun. But I guess that's all mentality based. Some of the guys back stage were walking around grilling peeps as though they had something to prove.

ALL IN ALL A BLAST YO!

Sorry for the incoherent ramble.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Sounds like a blast. I should have warned you about the pump up area. My show had a curling bar with a bit of weight and a couple dbs. Maybe ask your gym owner if you can borrow some dbs and band for the worlds.

I'm surprised your guy likes dream tan. The judge hate hate hate it. Makes you orange. I got plenty dark with pro tan, but I did maybe 6 coats and I did some spray tanning at the salon too.

Looking forward to next week.
    My Journal

awesome paul! But why the blazing? Especially between prejudging and night show...?!?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

You did great! Pictures were awesome. Good placing man.

Congrats Paul.Simply amazing
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony