The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141
Results 3,501 to 3,524 of 3524
    In those recent pictures, you definitely look like a Bodybuilder, you look hard and conditioned, very little water appears.

You should do well at this contest, and the one week difference is noticeable.

Good luck!
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Tan looks good to me. Good luck today.

Working toward the next.
    Just wanted to say good luck at your competition today. Hopefully your hard work pays off!

Wannabebig Member
    wow bro. you look sick, back, delts, quads and arms are sick. they really overpower your chest and traps, but everything looks awesome! good luck!
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."...Joshua 1:9

Best of luck in your comp Paul, make sure you get on here quick and tell us how you go.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

I was at the day show. Paul looked great. The day show took over 7 hours. Then about a 2 hour break before the night show, so I didn't stick around. I really couldn't tell how Paul stacked up. I was too busy snapping away pictures of him to look at the whole lineup. I think he was clearly in the top 10. After that it's a guessing game. The show was huge, and all the weight classes were stacked.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Thanks for all the comments and support guys.

5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

I'm way to lazy to do a full write up....but here is something.

Woke up on yesterday weighing in at 171lbs flat at 5:30 AM.

Got my first meal of the day in, finished packing and getting last minute things ready, left for the city by 6:30 AM. We arrived around 8:30 AM and the place was already hectic.

Took the polygraph got weighed in and had my second meal. Bret, Zack, and and Jay arrived shortly after and we met up and hung out for a bit watching the Pro Men's Prejudging.

During the competitors meeting for the amateurs the promoter announced that since this is the biggest Worlds turnout to date, 247 competitors (not a typo) they are making it a Super Pro Qualifier, so every class winner is going home with a pro card, at least for Men's Open Bodybuilding.

Brett Slapped some dreamtan on my ass and we ran through some poses. I was very flat during the morning but slowly filled out little by little as the day went on. It was very hard to time meals because NO ONE KNEW ANYTHING AT THIS ****ING SHOW. Prejudging was supposed to start around noon and we were to to expect to go on stage around 12:45 - 1 PM. We ended up getting up there after 4 PM. Everything was running late and no one could answer any questions about anything. Got the runaround many times trying to figure out when to have a meal or start getting ready.

I went out for open middleweight prejudging and tried to pose my ass off. I was certainly feeling the flu from the entire week before and felt crampy, and was sweating bullets up there under the hot lights. Felt like death. Brett claimed that I looked like I belonged up there but who knows. I had a blast getting on the Worlds Stage and couldn't be happier with my choice to compete.

The show started sucking even more after Prejudging. The night show started at 5:30 for the Pro's and mens open bodybuilding for amateurs did not start going on till around Midnight. I hung out and waited for 8 hours to find out I didn't place top 5. Munched on some peanut butter cups and went home.

Sorry I don't have a more epic story for you guys.

I don't have any pics. I think Brett does, and my dad snapped some that I will try to get.

I did my best. The level of competition even at the amateur portion of the show was absolutely ridiculous. Worlds is no effin joke.

I can't even begin to describe the difference in physiques I saw on the 7th compared to yesterday.

This much is certain.

It has lit a fire under my ass to grow and come back bigger and leaner next time around.
    Pauls first ever bulk, what do ya'll think?
    I think I need a solid 10-15lbs of stage weight to be competitive on a stage like last nights.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

couple of photos I took

My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

I'm glad you came out Con, looking forward to hitting Bev's with you again in the future.

Maybe we can grub this time after, since I won't be starving myself anymore.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Paul, you more than belonged up there. This was a hard show. When the lightweights came out my jaw dropped. Dudes were huge. Every class was large and those guys brought it. Only a couple of guys looked like they didn't belong. The show was was too slow. Way too much time spent with all the women's categories. Figure always slows these shows down. Get at it and go back on stage as a light heavy next time! Maybe my skinny ass will be there with you.
    My Journal

That would be awesome. I plan on getting to work tomorrow. YEA BUDDY!

Just for kicks!

5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

That was certainly a tougher line-up. What a great experience you have gone through as a first timer. If you keep at it, the sky is the limit.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Great job bro! You can really see that you were sweating your ass off in CP's pics, lol.

I think that now that you know you have the knowledge and discipline to get in that kind of ripped condition, gaining some mass is the way to go. If you fill out that frame a bit more you are gonna be a force on that stage.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    I'm glad you came out Con, looking forward to hitting Bev's with you again in the future.

Maybe we can grub this time after, since I won't be starving myself anymore.
    Sounds good man. Who wound up winning your class? The guy on the far right in the front relaxed comp photo looked like the clear winner based on shape to me.
    My Journal

Great pics, especially the ones that Conor took...that whole experience is awesome, one of those things that money can't buy. You should be proud.

Airsofter & Paintballer
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you look like after you get up another 10-15lb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I've been bulking for about 10 years
    Quote Originally Posted by backseatwitme13 View Post
    so how long do you cut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    What's a cut?

LuNa
    Awesome work Paul. I dont have any understanding of bodybuilding but you looked amazing. Im really looking forward to following your bulk. With your effort on cooking it should be good!

Wow CP, those pics are amazing. Pretty professional .

Hey, is this your new bulking diet http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...onth=10&Day=15 Loving those percentages
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Good job mang, now time to bulk that azz up.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Anything you would have done differently knowing what you know now? Different tan? Different training? Different diet? Different mental preparation?

Paul,congrats on this tremendous journey.I'm in complete awe of your transformation.So much dedication,discipline.simply amazing.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    That was certainly a tougher line-up. What a great experience you have gone through as a first timer. If you keep at it, the sky is the limit.
    Good because this time around, I'm reaching for the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodgers View Post
    Great job bro! You can really see that you were sweating your ass off in CP's pics, lol.

I think that now that you know you have the knowledge and discipline to get in that kind of ripped condition, gaining some mass is the way to go. If you fill out that frame a bit more you are gonna be a force on that stage.
    15lbs of LBM should do the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Sounds good man. Who wound up winning your class? The guy on the far right in the front relaxed comp photo looked like the clear winner based on shape to me.
    I'm not even sure, waiting for results to be posted. I was breaking down my stuff backstage and getting changed while they were doing the awards for middles and routines for LHW's

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Great pics, especially the ones that Conor took...that whole experience is awesome, one of those things that money can't buy. You should be proud.
    I'm def proud. But if I was satisfied it would mean the end of the road. This is only the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by TremL96 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you look like after you get up another 10-15lb.
    me too!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    Awesome work Paul. I dont have any understanding of bodybuilding but you looked amazing. Im really looking forward to following your bulk. With your effort on cooking it should be good!

Wow CP, those pics are amazing. Pretty professional .
    Believe me you can expect tons of progress pics, food pics, recipes, and non BBing related stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Hey, is this your new bulking diet http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...onth=10&Day=15 Loving those percentages
    You wish Peep todays for a better idea!

Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    Good job mang, now time to bulk that azz up.
    FO sho!

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Anything you would have done differently knowing what you know now? Different tan? Different training? Different diet? Different mental preparation?
    Nope, just wish I hadn't gotten sick at the last show lol! The diet and training were effective for sure. As far as mental prep goes I was pretty excited during the weeks leading up and didn't experience that nervousness I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by getfit View Post
    Paul,congrats on this tremendous journey.I'm in complete awe of your transformation.So much dedication,discipline.simply amazing.
    Thanks girl! Hopefully this is not the end of it!

I have a very sad announcement to make. I have been on WBB since 2005 and basically since the birth of this thread.

After putting much thought into this I have decided that it is time to say goodbye.

I will no longer be posting here. Thanks to everyone that has been following over the years. This would not have been possible without you guys.

Would a moderator please lock this Epic thread.

Here is my NEW LOG

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131264

Hope you guys subscribe.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011