The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47
  1. #26
    Senior Member bigpoppapump979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    0
    taxing marijuana, no matter how high the tax, would not make the government nearly as much money as they already make from illegal drugs. I see no wrong in smoking weed and i dont see how its a moral decision? its your body do whatever you want with it. if your friend wants to smoke some weed then let him. he probably thinks you're a pussy for being so straight edge in the first place.
    Last edited by bigpoppapump979; 04-12-2005 at 03:33 PM.

  2. #27
    MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    FFFA Headquarters
    Posts
    11,468
    You all know my stance on them.

    Legalize opiates and I'll never post here again.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

    "All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

    "Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

    Pearls of Wisdom...


    Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

    Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

    And no COLON jokes, bastards!

  3. #28
    Straight outta Compton
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    Do you have a reference? I'm interested to see more.
    http://thedea.org/neurotoxicity.html
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...+neurotoxicity

    with shrooms you could endanger others if you choose to drive
    I think you could endanger others if you choose to drive while drunk also.

    As with the whole Marijuana morality topic, I don't see the big deal. People come home from work and have a beer, a glass of wine, whatever. Why? So they can relax, take a load off, have fun. Why can't someone come home from work and smoke a bowl or two?

    Drugs are drugs are drugs. Caffiene is just as much a drug as marijuana, as is Heroin.
    Last edited by Punk In Drublic; 04-12-2005 at 04:35 PM.
    6'5" 200lbs

  4. #29
    General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,475
    It's really kind of sad to see that he's gotten a completly new set of friends and is ignoring us.
    I'd venture to guess that that is the crux of your issue. You don't like losing your friend to others. That's a tough one.

    maybe I'm just against marijuana because I don't feel like I need it.
    You don't seem to need alcohol either. Are you against it?

    I just don't think it's worth all the heartache it brings.
    What heartache does it bring? I only see his possible heartache coming from you right now. He may be perfectly happy.

    If you're using drugs to relax for awhile or to cope with depression, okay.
    Not ok. Coping with depression through drugs is NOT ok (unless prescribed by a doctor). Drugs are not supposed to become an escape mechanism.

    If you're using drugs just to get f'd up, I don't believe in that.
    That is the most honest reason to use them.

    You're only alive for a very short time and I just don't think it's worth it to spend life destroying yourself.
    1- Many view "one short life" as a reason to live it up instead of denying yourself pleasures.
    2- Again you come out with the judgement that he is "destroying himself". Have you witnessed destruction? Is he slipping at work? School? Personal life? If not then you are imposing your doom and gloom on him. Don't do that.

    People who really want drugs are going to get them; the government only has the control of where. Do you want your child buying marijuana from an alley drug dealer or from a Pharmacy?
    'Dat's right!
    Last edited by TwiloMike; 04-12-2005 at 05:30 PM.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

  5. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapump979
    taxing marijuana, no matter how high the tax, would not make the government nearly as much money as they already make from illegal drugs. I see no wrong in smoking weed and i dont see how its a moral decision? its your body do whatever you want with it. if your friend wants to smoke some weed then let him. he probably thinks you're a pussy for being so straight edge in the first place.
    i didn't want to say this before, but what you said about him hanging out with new people and not seeing his old friends sounds like something that my friends from freshman year of high school said about me. when all was said and done, at the end of high school, i had made a ton of friends, hooked up with every single girl that i had wanted to (which was like hafl of them), and got decent grades, and this was all while 'hanging with that bad crowd'. i mean yes, we did do drugs and get into petty trouble, but we still had our priorities. at the end of high school i would not have traded any of it, but my old friends sure as **** would have

  6. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    201
    twilomike, i was going to take his post apart exactly the same, damn near word for word haha.

    hazerboy, everybody is entitled to feel how they feel about drugs, but some of your reasoning just seems uninformed. i actually felt the same way when i was in 6th grade and kids i hung around began to smoke pot. i thought it was just somethign that ruined yo0ur life and was only bad. i actually kept that view up until the first time i got high. and i know you could say i was blinded by the drugs or something, but in all honesty, once you see what they really are you'll see that they're really no big deal to the vast majority of those who use them. they're just a cool way to relax (or to 'explore', in teh case of psychadelics/ecstasy), and nothing more.
    Last edited by jazer80; 04-12-2005 at 05:37 PM.

  7. #32
    Confused
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    837
    Well let me tell you about my little experience a few days ago with the stuff. I was real stressed out after a day of work and i figured i'd go smoke with my friends which i haven't done in months. So i go and we start smoking after a while i start feeling the effects and start BUGGING OUT man it was horrible. I kept thinking i was pissing my pants and i was seeing cars spinning. In short it just made me more stressed out and didn't help ****. I will never use a drug again.

  8. #33
    Senior Member bigpoppapump979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    0
    good for you. thats your choice, so if you decide to venture into drugs again and something bad happens, then it is your fault. some people can tolerate drugs, others cant. dont be/do something you are not

  9. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapump979
    good for you. thats your choice, so if you decide to venture into drugs again and something bad happens, then it is your fault. some people can tolerate drugs, others cant. dont be/do something you are not
    adn to add to that, sometimes people can tolerate drugs and sometimes they can't. i was always fine on mushies and totally freaked out one afternoon taking them.

    having zero tolerance with pot, then smoking with friends who do smoke, adn keeping up with them so to speak, will put you on your ass. not surprised at all that's what happened, if you watched your amounts you would have been fine. if i dont' smoke for a bit i get high off a hit of decent bud. i'd guess you took many hits when that happened.

  10. #35
    Straight outta Compton
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Posts
    235
    and for the sake of a bump... (I forgot to mention this in my earlier post):

    WHY THE **** DO YOU FEAR DEATH?
    6'5" 200lbs

  11. #36
    Grasshoppa
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cerritos, CA
    Posts
    1,670
    Cus no one, short of the mentally disturbed, wants to die.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

  12. #37
    Banned phreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    Cus no one, short of the mentally disturbed, wants to die.
    I sure as hell wouldn't want to live forever, so death will eventually be more appealing than life.

    Before you say that you DO want to live forever: think about all the consequences.

  13. #38
    General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,475
    I was real stressed out after a day of work and i figured i'd go smoke with my friends which i haven't done in months.
    Using drugs as an escape mechanism- mistake #1. (though a very light mistake, drugs can help take the edge off, but you really have to be carful to not overdo it)

    So i go and we start smoking after a while i start feeling the effects and start BUGGING OUT man it was horrible. I kept thinking i was pissing my pants and i was seeing cars spinning.
    Are you sure it wasn't laced with something? Doesn't sound like an effect of moderate pot use. Going overboard is not cool, if it was strictly an amount issue.

    In short it just made me more stressed out and didn't help ****. I will never use a drug again.
    Had you been more careful it may have helped. You really out to know your tolerance levels, and if you are new you ought to be very careful. You sound like a kid who has been riding his tricycle for years happily and then one time fell, scraped his knee, and vowed never to get on a bike of any kind again. Logic++
    Last edited by TwiloMike; 04-13-2005 at 07:04 AM.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

  14. #39
    Straight outta Compton
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Davor
    i wouldnt worry so much about hallucinogens, they are not so addictive as ecstacy. tell your friend that hes gonna get huge holes in his brain if he keeps using Ecstacy.
    Quit spreading rumors dude, its been debunked.

    Ecstasy isn't addictive either, unless used as "an escape" in which it becomes mentally addictive - which any substance, any thing, can be. Weight lifting being one of them.

    Also, Ecstasy isn't hallucinogenic, nor is it a true psychedellic, its more or less a really, really, strong pain pill.

    For anyone interested in learned about what drugs REALLY do, and how dangerous some drugs are, etc... www.erowid.org.

    At least do your research before doing any drugs (in reply to the kid that said he started pissing his pants and seeing spinning cars... lol).
    Last edited by Punk In Drublic; 04-13-2005 at 07:42 AM.
    6'5" 200lbs

  15. #40
    Confused
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    837
    I smoked about 6 times before this and it never hit me as hard as it did that time with my friends and i believe i only took about 4 good hits. Maybe it was laced i don't know, it might have been just the mood i was in. I'm not trying to talk **** on weed because i know it does help alot of people out with understanding themselves. I'm not all out saying noone should use drugs i'm just saying drugs ain't for me, even alcohol is to hard for me I posted in the health forum about that a few times i would be all spaced out for about 7 days after i drank, but weed never really bothered me just calmed me down until that last time.
    Last edited by Munky; 04-13-2005 at 09:03 AM.

  16. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    991
    "i'm so high!"

    "... Noooooo .... "

    *BOOM*

    MARIJUANA KILLS

  17. #42
    Journalist galileo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Punk In Drublic
    I think you could endanger others if you choose to drive while drunk also.
    He mentioned the other two in the same breath as the marijuana. It was a contextual comparison, I'm not sure why everyone insists on bringing alcohol into the discussion as if it was pertinent.

  18. #43
    noob sliver1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike
    Had you been more careful it may have helped. You really out to know your tolerance levels, and if you are new you ought to be very careful. You sound like a kid who has been riding his tricycle for years happily and then one time fell, scraped his knee, and vowed never to get on a bike of any kind again. Logic++
    I have to say.. if someone tries a drug, doesn't like what it does, and decides not to try it again, I think it's kinda ****ty to make light of that. He tried it, and doesn't like it. I can totally respect that.

  19. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Punk In Drublic
    Also, Ecstasy isn't hallucinogenic, nor is it a true psychedellic, its more or less a really, really, strong pain pill.

    For anyone interested in learned about what drugs REALLY do, and how dangerous some drugs are, etc... www.erowid.org.
    maybe you should follow some of your own advice and read a little more on erowid. ecstasy IS hallucinogenic in certain circumstances. and calling ecstasy a pain pill is totally off base as well.

    i'm assuming you're talking about stuff you have just read about and moderately experienced in real life. anybody who has taken OC's and also taken ecstasy would laugh at such a statement. and as far as hallucinating, try taking a couple 100mg mollies and tell me if you're not seeing stuff...


    and, i'd bet anything his weed wasn't laced. he just smoked too much. this is a problem with people using drugs they haven't used in a while, adn is a reason in many heroin overdoses. people will use doses that may seem small to them because they have used much greater before, and then just be slammed because their tolerance was zero. i'll bet he just smoked too much, which would totally explain all his symptoms.
    Last edited by jazer80; 04-13-2005 at 09:45 AM.

  20. #45
    General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,475
    I have to say.. if someone tries a drug, doesn't like what it does, and decides not to try it again, I think it's kinda ****ty to make light of that. He tried it, and doesn't like it. I can totally respect that.
    At what point did you see me make fun of him? I used the because I found his logic a few bars short of sound, but I made no fun of him for wanting to give up drugs. If he does not want to do drugs good for him. Drugs are no light matter and should be approached very carefully.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

  21. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    201
    if anything he was just questioning the logic. it just seems like the logic used by someone swearing they'll never drink again while their face is in teh toilet. to each his own, but he clearly liked pot when he used it properly, and is now quitting because of an error on his part (probably). the logic is flawed, but hey, it's his choice

  22. #47
    Dumb doesn't work
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Union City, California
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazerboy
    I believe my friend has this kind of addiction (even though he frequently tells me he can stop "any time I want" ). On the weekend that's all he does with his brother (along with taking other drugs) and he doesn't really hang around me or any of our original *group* any more. It's really kind of sad to see that he's gotten a completly new set of friends and is ignoring us. It seems to me that he cannot enjoy himself anymore without the drug.

    And when I say I am against my friend smoking marijuana, I really mean I'm against the whole lifestyle he has chosen. (getting drunk on the weekends and doing drugs). I just don't think it's worth all the heartache it brings. If you're using drugs to relax for awhile or to cope with depression, okay. If you're using drugs just to get f'd up, I don't believe in that. You're only alive for a very short time and I just don't think it's worth it to spend life destroying yourself. Then again, that comes down to the question of what you think we're here for and what life should be spent on. Accomlishment? Just to be happy and have a good time? That is something each person has has to decide for himself.

    I find this entire thread seriously funny. This is almost the exact situation I was faced with on many different occasions with several of my friends with various drugs including marijuana, cocaine, alcohol, and dxm. I have done all of these drugs except cocaine and I can truly say I have actually come out of it as a better person after trying them. Sometimes it takes a walk on the Dark Side to appreciate the word "sober". As far as your friend segregating himself from you and your friends - voice your concern but trust that he'll probably pull through it or change certain aspects of his lifestyle if he really values his friendships. This has been my experience with virtually every pothead, myself included. (This can be said with the myriad of other drugs) When people try something that is so new and exciting - unlike anything they've ever done before it's easy to become infatuated with it. But like everything else in our microwaved culture it's most likely a fad. I was the same way with smoking bomb - I absolutely loved it - until I smoked every day for atleast 6 months of the best marijuana known to mankind (Thank you Northern California and the marvelous chain of legal drug dealers known as Cannibis Clubs). I was literally a potato after that...my brain was seriously fried. The funny thing is that now I know the good AND bad which has greatly affected my use of any substance. Moderation rules all. I hate it when people think pot absolutely makes you a lazy unproductive person. I myself resent these kinds of statements with a passion. I consider myself a very hardworking person. I am a former competing boxer getting back on track. I run around 5-6 miles a day and train every single day. I monitor my diet, I eat super clean, I stay away from most harmful substances (caffienated beverages, cigarettes, alcohol) AND after I'm done training I smoke a phat blunt to ease my sore muscles and to day dream of knocking out Tyson. I have had many many good things come out of drug use. I have reaffirmed my belief in God and I attribute a lot of that to smoking bud because it let me think outside the box, let me question my beliefs about everything. If something as harmless as this plant can cause such an uproar imagine all the big things we worry about. Anything is possible. Basically I think people should have respect for other people. Respect means letting other people live their lives and not giving them **** because you think otherwise. So as far as advice - talk to him about it but remember this - People have two ears for a reason....because you should be listening twice as much as you talk. Anyway just adding my two cents- hopefully I have added a little this crackpot of a thread (pun intended).
    Height: 6'0" Current bodyweight: 187 lbs

    Lifts:
    Bench - 3x8 reps @ 205
    Squat - 3x10 reps @ 285
    Deadlift - 3x8 reps @ 235

    Goal for boxing: Powerful as a heavyweight, Fast as a lightweight.

Similar Threads

  1. Who here smokes marijuana yet has a great body?
    By SsiK in forum General Chat
    Replies: 731
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 11:23 AM
  2. Marijuana and body fat.
    By Alejandro14 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 11:10 AM
  3. A Different Reaction (not good) to Marijuana
    By JTyrell710 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-25-2004, 08:14 PM
  4. Replies: 92
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 11:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •