Thread: Cardio help

canadian, eh?

Cardio help

Went for a jog/run today.
    Halfway through I got blisters on my feet, probably my shoes...BUT my question is...inbetween my upper legs, they were rubbing together. Add sweat and now I have 2 "burns" or sores on the inside of my legs...it hurts to walk normally.
    Any idea why I got this? Is it because I need more leg muscle to over come the fat, or what? A year ago this happened also when I walked home from school.

Thanks.
    Steve

you jsut started jogging/running recently? Coult be that your body is adjusting. Soreness is quite common for people that join a fitness excercise.

Banned
    What kind of running gear do you have?

The sores on your legs are called "chafing". It happens when your skin rubs up against either fabric or other skin.

As you tighten up, your legs may stop rubbing together so much...but it may just be the way you are built. In any case, you can prevent it from happening again. Use some gold-bond powder or baby powder on your legs before you go running or walking or whatever. It will help prevent chafing.
    Women who look at men like chests and biceps. Women who touch men like asses. Start squatting.

"It`s not a grudge. I just don`t like you." - my friend Scott.

"Dude, yer beyond a tool. Yer the whole damn shed."
    -me

Stats:
    Female, 5'0, 127ish lbs (this is a damn lie...closer to 133.)
    Current Max Lifts:
    Deadlift- 245 x 1
    RDL - 185 x 5 x 5
    Squat - 155 x 3
    Bench - 105 x 2

Wannabebig Member
    Try a different type of boxers/ briefs whatever you're wearing, just make sure it will go down to cover up the sores. Also, you can always just work off the fat that is rubbing, or if its not fat I guess you will just get used to it...so keep right on running and it will get better.
    Check out www.trueprotein.com for all of your supplement needs!

New customers can use this code to get a discount: NAE933.

you may want to buy some tight shorts. LIke biker shorts or boxer briefs to wear underneath. This can reduce the chaffing. Also the blisters are probably from your shoes. When you run make sure you get the right shoe for your feet. Your body will thankyou.
    Never Giving In.

I have had this problem when I was younger. Just put some baby powder on like stated above, it will definitely help to prevent the sores.

Banned
    There may be an increased risk of cancer with the use of baby powder with an industrial talcum base. Do not listen to the suggestions of baby powder use without doing your own research about the cancer risk.

canadian, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tucker
    There may be an increased risk of cancer with the use of baby powder with an industrial talcum base. Do not listen to the suggestions of baby powder use without doing your own research about the cancer risk.
    Ill use the suggested gold bond powder then, thanks for the lookout...the last thing I need is cancer!!

No, I haven't starting running recently, well not running, jogging. We do it a few times a week in school. Other than that, thats all the jogging I need to do. I need to get "running" shoes. The ones I have right now are a multi sport, so they aren't aimed directly at running/jogging/walking a whole bunch.
    Most of the cardio I do is on a workout bike...

I will try wearing tighter boxers next time I know i'm jogging a fair distance, sounds like that will probably help.
    Someone said I could work off the fat...it is fat...can I work it off by squatting and leg work like that, or do I have to do more cardio running?

Thanks guys!
    Steve