The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

1000 calorie breakfast on a cut?

I'm cutting on 2000 cals a day, how bad is to get 1000 of them first thing in the morning? I usually have a bigger appetite in the mornings. My next meal isn't for like another 5-6 hours, then I have another smaller one a few hours after that. I know it's better to space them out but is it really a big deal to get 1000 in the morning?
    Last edited by Dedicated; 04-12-2005 at 11:11 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bottom line is that if you take in less calories than you use, you're going to lose weight. That being true, it's much better to space your calories out evenly every couple hours. I guess if you absolutely can't get another meal for 6 hours then it's alright, but you'd probably see better results if you broke it up.

Just think for a minute how you are going to space out 1000 cals for the rest of the day.... you still have a morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, supper, and evening snack, That's 5 more meals at 200 cals each. It's hard to eat just 200 cals a meal.

So why eat all those meals? Really important when you're cutting to keep your metabolism running high, and more meals will do it. It will also keep you from feeling starving between meals and be more likely to cheat.

I wannabebig!
    i dont see a problem with it

You may want to follow Geepers advice and try to take in a more balanced (calorie wise), timed meal plan. This way, your body will also somewhat increase its metabolism, which is why we eat so many meals in the first place. Unbalancing the intake schedule by eating half of my daily amount would definitely hinder me. As with all things, BBing is very personal and tailored to each individual, so if it works for you, dont change it. If you're just beginning to start your 1000 calorie breakfast, please consider our advice.
    Last edited by IZich; 04-12-2005 at 11:52 AM.
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

I'm pretty sure it's been disproven that more meals = higher metabolism. In fact, I don't think it was ever proven to begin with. Just a bad assumption.

In the end, manage the calories however you want. If you are losing weight and preserving as much lean mass as possible, that's all that matters, how you do it is your preference.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I agree with Pete - eat however the food fits in your scheme.

I wannabebig!
    :withstupi

metabolic increase would have to do more with the size of the meal so what would it matter if he gets say a 1% increase with a 1000 calorie meal vs .5% for a 500 calorie meal.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    i dont see a problem with it

:withstupi

Thanks guys.