The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

subcutaneous pain?

Hey everyone,
    just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It's pretty weird, I have no idea what it is...
    Usually after my cheat day (and trust me, i CHEAT), I have pain under my skin for a day or two. Now it's hard to explain what kind of pain. It's not a chronic pain that's there every single minute, i only feel it if i poke my stomach or chest or back. and its not a 'deep' pain, it's right under my skin. and it's not an OWWW pain, it's just an uncomfortable feeling. like if i'm in the shower and i'm rubbing soap over my torso, i feel it. and it's not psychological, i'm not crazy ..lol...
    i've noticed it after every time i've cheated in the past (like if i cheat saturday, i'll feel it sunday and monday, sometimes tuesday).

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this...
    P.S, not sure if i put this in the right section...sorry if i didn't.
    Last edited by spanky33; 04-10-2005 at 09:04 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wannabebig!
    nope

Wannabebig Member
    Never had that happen.

I dont think ive felt that exactly. Ill tell you what i do notice though. My body seems to adapt to the food i eat. Eating like crap (7 cheat days a week lol) youre body gets used to it and feels somewhat normal over time. When you start eating healthy nothing changes.....you just feel good. Then when you have a cheatday your body goes into shock and basically says "WTF???". Thats what happens to me. Ive pretty much stopped eating crap altogether, i cant handle the feeling it gives me. As an example just the other night i had skipped a meal i was so busy at work, so when dinnertime came around i was so hungry i stopped at a mcdonalds drive thru and ordered a big mac meal. Tasted so damned good, i felt guilty but i was soooooo hungry. I had been eating every 2 hours for the past 2 weeks, so going from breakfast at 8am to dinner at 7 killed me. Anyway, i woke up at around midnight with heart palpatations and acid reflux/indigestion. My body just cant handle crap cheat food anymore. Its spoiled.

Sorry for the ramble, but to answer your question more specifically NO, i just feel like crap for the entire next day altogether.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Current Stats:
    07-31-09 - 6'4" 220 lb.

Grasshoppa
    Indigestion? Gas?
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Indigestion? Gas?
    no it's not that kinda pain.
    but from what it seems like, no one else has this issue; it's just me

Wannabebig New Member
    i get the same feeling on my stomach but i donmt know what it is. I thought it might have been from doing too many ab exercises.

actually that might be it. i thought that for a while too. cuz i tend to do lotsa crunches when i cheat (i dont know why...i know it's not doing ****)...lol.
    but yea, maybe?

Grasshoppa
    Probably.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

**** is real
    i can't say i've experienced what you're talking about, but i try to really never cheat by eating food that i shouldn't...but, i got really lazy last saturday and i didn't eat enough protein and i ate food i haven't eaten (as junk food, once in a while part of a meal like dinner, but usually not much) in a while (slurpee, hotdog, potato chips) and i felt like sh!t all day. i was so tired/depressed feeling although not really depressed, just tired and extremely lazy i didn't even feel like eating my pb and milk before i fell asleep. then the next day when i lifted, i lifted after breakfast and all i had was 2.5bagels, and man, was i struggeling because of my lack of protein the day before. i couldn't get the extra reps out that i normally could. maybe it's just in my head, but regardless, i'll never do that again.
    5ft 8in
    149 lbs
    8.0% bf

(Excessive) Carbs can make you feel lethargic

I get the same kind of feeling after I have alot to drink the night before =P